Please fix or disable dedicated servers.

I'm so tired of getting hit through pallets and windows when I fast vault. Dead hard is broken and doesn't work half the time I use it. And don't even get me started on The Huntress' hatchets. When I decide to play killer half of my hits don't connect when they should and vice versa. When I play Ghostface I can't stalk survivors when I look dead at them yet I manage to stalk them through walls and solid objects. Half the time I am constantly getting revealed through a solid wall or two and the other I am immune to detection when the survivors are looking right at me. I can only imagine what detection looks like from the survivors PoV. I am just tired of guessing what is going to hit and what isn't. I am tired of praying to The Almighty for stalking to work as intended. I am tired to see my weapon clip through the survivors' model and don't get a hit. I am tired of dying and seeing "Exhausted. Dead Hard" on the right portion of my screen.

Either disable them for a while so we can enjoy the game like we used to or get them into a playable state before 2020.

60 ping btw

Comments

• concious_consumer
    concious_consumer Member Posts: 282

It's all on a quality level of a cesspool. It's been over a month or two. I haven't seen such low quality even in dead f2p titles

• Lentoro
    Lentoro Member Posts: 213

We have definitely seen some major improvements to dedicated servers since thay got released. But that's not saying much given how broken they were and still are. Sure, they are better then they used to be but they are still pretty bad. It just makes me sad that the devs force us to play this laggy mess till it gets fixed

• ImUrHuckleBerri
    ImUrHuckleBerri Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2019

They hitting through windows and vaults started when they buffed killer hitboxes by I think 5%? A year or two ago. I think if they scale that back to where it was or even make a small change down to like 2% it would fix those issues. Why I updated and gave the game a negative review. It's the most unsatisfying thing to receive hits like that. In the end there has been way more nerfs to survivors since vanilla than killers. Add ons and all. I don't think killers need any nerfs. Even spirit. Just scale back the hit box a little so it is fair then leave things as they are. I wouldn't even mind them taking Nurse back to where she was. She's exciting but very difficult to play against and it was always a challenge to myself to see what I could do against her.

• Lentoro
    Lentoro Member Posts: 213

The hitboxes themselves I don't have any issues with. It's the latency that frustrates me. I could be a solid 1-2 meters away from a window after fast vaulting and still get hit. I started noticing stuff like that happen once dedicated got released. Prior to that I didn't really notice stuff like that happening.

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

I hate it when I get the survivor grab animation but then it lets them go and I don't even get a hit for my trouble.

• concious_consumer

It's completely disgusting. They can't fix d/c bug since january but release buggy servers on top of this mess.

It's hillarious when their devs stream, hit people thru pallets and always ignore what people have to say about it.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

The issue I have with them is the lack of updates. We have to wait for Chapter and Mid-Chapter patches and hope the issue we have are resolved.

Some PC only hotfixes would be nice. We're already test monkeys for this mess.

• EleaticStranger
    EleaticStranger Member Posts: 81

I'd like a technical explanation from the devs. Not just a fix that keeps us guessing about what works, what kinda works, and what works unreliably. Just explain the problem, give data on the consequences, present various approaches to a solution with respective pros and cons, then commit to one and put it on a timeline that extends to post-implementation analysis and corrections. Transparency makes it easier to endure and gives players hope. People quit playing if they have no reasonable expectation of progress. I always wonder why communication is so bad with game devs. Most problems in life are half-solved by owning up to them and making sure everyone affected is on the same page.

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433
    edited December 2019

Only thing i care about are hatchet hitboxes.They hit me around corners so much,its not small distance either like legit completely around a corner.A few matches ago i used dh,you can HEAR the hatchet hit the wall,and hit me around a corner somehow even though it completely missed

• FruityMemes
    FruityMemes Member Posts: 55

Why do people always act so pretentious? Everyone knows it happens on both sides stop acting like your side is more important than the other

• Crythor
    Crythor Member Posts: 296

Yes please. Disable them till they are fixed or dont bring them back at all.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Scrap the idea and never talk about it again would be my preference.

• Freddy_chan
    Freddy_chan Member Posts: 31

Yeah its damn irritating that sometimes you get hit even tho i was at the end pallet when vaulting when it clearly is impossible, a lot of bugs, fixing ruin spawing in the middle of nowhere would be nice too, few simple fixes to challenges took like 3 or 4 days(not even talking about challenge with grabbing which is broken on gens) i lost count of how many times i got grab animation and i just stopped in the middle with survivor running tf away. So im just wondering, wouldnt postponing a chapter and fixing the game make more good than bad? Except they dont care :/

• aazimuth
    aazimuth Member Posts: 190

Yeah, it's really fun when you're behind the killer and you get hit or when you're playing killer and they're right in front of you and you whiff. Don't know why they'd keep them on its a really stupid decision on their part, they need to test them on the ptb, not live. The past 2-3 months of this game have been the worst its ever been.

• concious_consumer

Still no red names responding.

If it was auric cells exlpoit it would be fixed in 10 seconds

• StevePerryPsychOut
    StevePerryPsychOut Member Posts: 190

This still happens on consoles too, and we're still on p2p. Just gonna leave this as a reminder how bad p2p could be... https://xboxclips.com/Chum8ler/23001f4e-125e-48ac-bef7-e55c7df0aeac

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052

Really I haven't experienced these issues. I've had around 50-70 ping consistantly and have had much less lag problems since dedicated servers were launched.