We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Some Perk change ideas I had.

Options
No_Mither_No_Problem
No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476

These are some things I dreamt up to change some Perks, hopefully for the better. Let me know what you think.

KILLER PERKS
Thanatophobia: For every injured, dying, hooked, dead, or disconnected Survivor, all Survivors receive the following penalties:
-3/4/5 percent reduced action speed to all actions.
-3/4/5 percent smaller success zones on ALL Skill Checks (DS and Snap Out Of It included).
-1/1/2 percent increased penalty on all Skill Check fails.
-All percentages are additive, not multiplicative, and relative to the default size of the success zone.
-If 4/3/2 Survivors are unhealthy, all Skill Checks lose their bonus zones except for Ruin Skill Checks.
-Survivors with No Mither equipped do not affect Thanatophobia while in the “injured” state.

Surveillance: All damaged generators are revealed in white to you. A generator’s white aura gains a pinkish tinge if the generator regresses to zero. When a Survivor starts repairs on a white or pink generator, receive a unique notification. This notification has a cooldown of 20/15/10 seconds.

Territorial Imperative: When a Survivor is inside the basement and outside of your Terror Radius, their aura is revealed for 3/4/5 seconds or until they leave the basement. Has a cooldown of 30/25/20 seconds.

Hex: Huntress’s Lullaby: No longer a Hex Perk.

SURVIVOR PERKS
We’ll Make It: Upon performing a successful hook rescue for the first time, gain a 50/75/100% speed boost to healing for 30 seconds. For each unhook after that, the boost only lasts for 10 seconds. After the first hook rescue, every hook rescue you perform adds a 5/10/15% speed boost to healing up to a maximum of 10/20/30% for the remainder of the trial. The temporary and permanent speed boosts do not stack. If both are active, the temporary speed boost takes precedence over the permanent one. Does not affect self-healing.

Decisive Strike: Once per match, when picked up by the Killer, succeed a series of considerably/moderately/slightly difficult Skill Checks every two seconds to increase the wiggle bar and slightly/moderately/considerably offset the Killer’s path of movement. Each successful Skill Check increases the progress bar by 20%. If you fail a Skill Check, you will keep wiggle progress but you must resort to normal wiggling.

We’re Gonna Live Forever: Is not activated by hook rescues unless the unhooked Survivor stays off the hook for 10 seconds.

Self-Care: Unlocks the ability to heal yourself without a Med-Kit over the course of 40/35/30 seconds. You cannot use Self-Care to heal yourself if you suffer from the Mangled status effect or if you have used it to self-heal for the equivalent of 3 health states in one trial. TIER 3 ONLY: Failed Skill Checks do not have a negative impact on how much self-healing reserve you have left.

Saboteur: Unlocks the ability to sabotage without a Toolbox at 50% the normal sabotage speed. Increases Toolbox sabotage efficiency by 30/40/50%. Items damaged by Toolbox sabotages take 30/45/60 seconds longer to self-repair.

Dead Hard: Removes the requirement of being injured.

No Mither: You suffer constantly from the “Beaten In” status effect, which has the same effect as Exposed but activates Perks triggered by being injured. While injured or dying, grunts of pain are reduced by 30/40/50% at any time. Grants the ability to fully recover from the Dying State. While recovering and staying still, your bleedout meter does not go down. If you survive the trial, you get a bonus 15/20/25 Iridescent Shards (thanks @Nickenzie)

Vigil: You and all allies within an 8 meter range recover from all status effects 10/15/20% quicker. Players affected by Vigil recover from Exhaustion while running at 10/20/30% the normal recovery rate. TIER 3 ONLY: Your allies within an 8 meter range are granted immunity to the Exposed status effect.
-Vigil stacks are multiplicative, not additive.

Resilience: Increases ANY AND ALL action/prop interaction speeds by 5/7/10% while injured.

Comments

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,245
    Options

Thanatophobia: For every injured, dying, hooked, dead, or disconnected Survivor, all Survivors receive the following penalties:
    -3/4/5 percent smaller success zones on ALL Skill Checks (DS and Snap Out Of It included).
    -All percentages are additive, not multiplicative, and relative to the default size of the success zone.
    -If 4/3/2 Survivors are unhealthy, all Skill Checks lose their bonus zones except for Ruin Skill Checks.
    -Survivors with No Mither equipped do not affect Thanatophobia while in the “injured” state.

I agree with this rework, ATM Thanatophobia is like a mini Ruin. This rework won't make Thanatophobia a go-to perk but it will definitely put this perk in a better spot while making the perk more versatile. Assuming that your talking about our reworked version of NM then why are NM users not affected by Thanatophopia when they can heal themselves to the healthy state? Unless you don't want NM punishing the entire team if they decide to not heal which is cool since they are challenging themselves not everyone else.

Surveillance: All damaged generators are revealed in white to you. A generator’s white aura gains a pinkish tinge if the generator regresses to zero. When a Survivor starts repairs on a white or pink generator, receive a unique notification. This notification has a cooldown of 20/15/10 seconds.

I think this is definitely much more better than the current Surveillance ATM. This would probably be enough that I would use it as a killer since you would know where the survivors are at if they decide to work on one of your regressing generators. I had a different idea where it would display survivors' auras within X/Y/Z meters from a regressing generator with a unique notification. Nevertheless this will definitely make the perk more viable and probably enough to sometimes get a perk slot on a killer IMO.

Territorial Imperative: When a Survivor is inside the basement and outside of your Terror Radius, their aura is revealed for 3/4/5 seconds or until they leave the basement. Has a cooldown of 30/25/20 seconds.

Interesting, I agree with permanent aura reveal while in the basement but I don't agree with the aura reveal when your outside the killer's terror radius because it almost ruins stealth. Even as a Solo Survivor perk user this would be difficult to play against IMO (Btw, I absolutely love Solo Survivor). Here's my idea and I will add your idea into my idea with your rework! :+1:

Territorial Imperative: When a Survivor is inside the basement their aura is revealed until they exit the basement. Additionally any survivor that is within 8 meters from a hook, totem, locker, and chest will have their aura revealed for 5 seconds. Has a cooldown of 60/45/30 seconds.

Tell me what you think @No_Mith@No_Mither_No_Problem!

Yeah, this is definitely a needed rework to Huntress' Lullaby IMO. Now it won't be deactivated early since every survivor working on a generator is warned about the hex perk, even when it doesn't have any tokens.

We’ll Make It: Upon performing a successful hook rescue for the first time, gain a 50/75/100% speed boost to healing for 30 seconds. For each unhook after that, the boost only lasts for 10 seconds. After the first hook rescue, every hook rescue you perform adds a 5/10/15% speed boost to healing up to a maximum of 10/20/30% for the remainder of the trial. The temporary and permanent speed boosts do not stack. If both are active, the temporary speed boost takes precedence over the permanent one. Does not affect self-healing.

This is okay but currently We'll make it is fine ATM. If the developers do decide that this perk needs a rework then this would definitely be a great rework.

Decisive Strike: Once per match, when picked up by the Killer, succeed a series of considerably/moderately/slightly difficult Skill Checks every two seconds to increase the wiggle bar and slightly/moderately/considerably offset the Killer’s path of movement. Each successful Skill Check increases the progress bar by 20%. If you fail a Skill Check, you will keep wiggle progress but you must resort to normal wiggling.

Your probably gonna get some hate from killer mains because they don't like "Jail free" cards. I know, I know that it's not as powerful as the old DS but anything close to a "Jail free" isn't good. Now back on topic, I think that's okay IMO because the killer has 10 seconds to reach a hook before you succeed the 5th skill check to wiggle free. However may I ask, what will happen if the killer drops you on the floor then picks you back up? Will you continue with the skill checks or will the perk be used up since it's a "Once per match" perk?

We’re Gonna Live Forever: Is not activated by hook rescues unless the unhooked Survivor stays off the hook for 10 seconds.

Let me rephrase that because I think you was looking for...

We’re Gonna Live Forever
    (New Mechanic):
     Tokens will be delayed for 10 seconds after unhooking a survivor. If the rescued survivor enters dying state within 10 seconds then the token won't be rewarded to the rescuer.

Absolutely love this change as it reduces farming! One time, I was the dying light obsession and the killer ended up finding me, downing me, then hooking me. Despite having a mori, the killer was playing fair and didn't camp me which is awesome... but a survivor lead the killer to me and unhooked me. DbD had to censor the rest that happened after lmao!

Self-Care: Unlocks the ability to heal yourself without a Med-Kit over the course of 40/35/30 seconds. You cannot use Self-Care to heal yourself if you suffer from the Mangled status effect or if you have used it to self-heal for the equivalent of 3 health states in one trial. TIER 3 ONLY: Failed Skill Checks do not have a negative impact on how much self-healing reserve you have left.

That's kinda hard to understand, I'll highlight the part that confuses me in BOLD in you quote. I asked @Not_Queen a question about reworking the healing mechanics and this is what it says.

@not_Queen Have the DbD team tried making a mechanic where in any instance you stop healing, you'll immediately lose 25% of your total healing progress and then normal regression happens afterwards? If they've not tried this idea, could this be a possible nerf to all healing actions instead of just Self Care? I really think this would help out with the Self Care meta and won't be as punishing as losing all of your progress when you have to stop for a brief moment :)

Saboteur: Unlocks the ability to sabotage without a Toolbox at 50% the normal sabotage speed. Increases Toolbox sabotage efficiency by 30/40/50%. Items damaged by Toolbox sabotages take 30/45/60 seconds longer to self-repair.

I like the idea, but I still think it's a little weak IMO.
    Maybe this will help the perk just a little more...

Saboteur: Unlocks the ability to sabotage without a Toolbox at 50% the normal sabotage speed. Increases Toolbox sabotage efficiency by 30/40/50%. Items damaged by Toolbox sabotages take double than the normal time to self-repair.

Hmm, I see Dead Hard as a well balanced perk but if it even needs a buff due to the exhaustion nerf or other indirect nerfs... This would be acceptable!

No Mither: You suffer constantly from the “Beaten In” status effect, which has the same effect as Exposed but activates Perks triggered by being injured. While injured or dying, grunts of pain are reduced by 30/40/50% at any time. Grants the ability to fully recover from the Dying State. While recovering and staying still, your bleedout meter does not go down. If you survive the trial, you get a bonus 15/20/25 Iridescent Shards (thanks @Nickenzie)

Déjà vu et du rien!
    (Already seen and your welcome!)

Vigil: You and all allies within an 8 meter range recover from all status effects 10/15/20% quicker. Players affected by Vigil recover from Exhaustion while running at 10/20/30% the normal recovery rate. TIER 3 ONLY: Your allies within an 8 meter range are granted immunity to the Exposed status effect.

Hmm, I like the idea and if I remember correctly... developers have said recovering exhaustion while running with Vigil is a interesting idea. They may add this but I'm not 100% sure!

Resilience: Increases ANY AND ALL action/prop interaction speeds by 5/7/10% while injured.

I love the idea, it will make you more faster during a chase such as vaulting and pallet dropping speeds! This may make Resilience a more viable perk other than a combo to NM!

Overall great ideas @No_Mither_No_Problem!
  • Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    Options
    I had heard someone mention that saboteur should show hook auras (doesn’t sound like too bad of a buff)
  • DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Options
    I like most of these ideas. I don't agree with Self Care though, I don't see a problem with the perk as killer. In fact, I use it a lot, especially as a solo surv because I don't like relying on others to help me, considering I usually get paired with cavemen who have never played the game before (even at rank 1)

As for WGLF, I would love to see this. I hate getting that ######### teammate who hook farms everybody xD

And finally, Thanataphobia and Surveillance would actually be worth a damn 
  • lyric
    lyric Member Posts: 611
    Options

These are some things I dreamt up to change some Perks, hopefully for the better. Let me know what you think.

KILLER PERKS

SURVIVOR PERKS

The only thing I disagree with is we’ll make it being nerfed, I run that perk lol I love it the way it is and if I can safely unhook you, get the heals and escape without being seen afterwards then I feel as if I earned it 
  • Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options
    1. Thanatophobia - Sorry, I don't want to be punished even more when some salty idiot DCs.
    2. Surveillance - Whatever.
    3. Territorial Imperative - I would keep it as it is right now.
    4. Hex: Huntress’s Lullaby - Yeah, sure. That's a pretty good idea.
    5. We’ll Make It - Keep it as it is right now.
    6. Decisive Strike - I don't care, I don't use this perk. But if I did, I wouldn't find this change very good. By the time you hit the second skillcheck you could already be hooked.
    7. We’re Gonna Live Forever - I would increase it to 15 / 20 seconds. Good idea to prevent farming.
    8. Self-Care - For the last goddamn time. Leave this perk alone. I'd be fine with it being slower, or that if you stop healing it would regress down to zero, but no, don't limit the uses.
    9. Saboteur - Eh....
    10. Dead Hard - It would be still very much counterable so I guess it doesn't matter.
    11. No Mither - Let me propose my change: You start the survivor completely healthy, you would take 2 hits to go down and once you picked yourself up / someone would pick you up you could no longer be healed to healthy, also, the UI that you cannot be healed would not be shown to the killer.
    12. I can already see pretty much everyone following that Vigil guy around if it's someone with NOED or MYC or Myers lmao.
    13. Resilience - Whatever.
    Starting healthy would ruin no mither's synergy with the injured perks.
  • No_Mither_No_Problem
    Options

@Nickenzie

Assuming that your talking about our reworked version of NM then why are NM users not affected by Thanatophopia when they can heal themselves to the healthy state? Unless you don't want NM punishing the entire team if they decide to not heal which is cool since they are challenging themselves not everyone else.

All these changes are proposed independent of each other and relative to the current state of the game. So no, my proposed NM rework is not being taken into consideration. Good eye, though.

Territorial Imperative: When a Survivor is inside the basement their aura is revealed until they exit the basement. Additionally any survivor that is within 8 meters from a hook, totem, locker, and chest will have their aura revealed for 5 seconds. Has a cooldown of 60/45/30 seconds.

That’s a good buff, but if you’re worried about killing stealth, it may not be a good idea to make Survivors’ basement aura revealed indefinitely. Plus, I would change it so that lockers do not trigger TI and only hooks with Survivors hung on them are susceptible to it. Because those two props are EVERYWHERE.

However may I ask, what will happen if the killer drops you on the floor then picks you back up? Will you continue with the skill checks or will the perk be used up since it's a "Once per match" perk?

Well, if I remember correctly Killers must juggle Survs to keep DS off them—as in, DS only loses its ability to be used once you escape or once you are hooked. Figured keeping it that way would work

.We’re Gonna Live Forever

(New Mechanic): Tokens will be delayed for 10 seconds after unhooking a survivor. If the rescued survivor enters dying state within 10 seconds then the token won't be rewarded to the rescuer.

Yes, that’s what I was looking for. Good eye.

That's kinda hard to understand, I'll highlight the part that confuses me in BOLD in you quote.

Well, without addons, the time needed to self-heal for one full health state without a medkit is 12 seconds. The way SC is right now, the time to self-heal for one full health state is 24 seconds. With my proposed change, the time to self heal one full health state is 40, 35, or 30 seconds.

Saboteur: Unlocks the ability to sabotage without a Toolbox at 50% the normal sabotage speed. Increases Toolbox sabotage efficiency by 30/40/50%. Items damaged by Toolbox sabotages take double than the normal time to self-repair.

That would either be extremely OP or useless depending on if the Killer has Hangman’s Trick or not. Without it, a doubled repair time means hooks and bear traps would take 6 entire minutes to repair. With it, though, hooks would only take 60/40/20 seconds and bear traps would take 4 minutes.

Hmm, I see Dead Hard as a well balanced perk but if it even needs a buff due to the exhaustion nerf or other indirect nerfs... This would be acceptable!

I guess you could call it “balanced” but, see, here’s the thing: Why would you use an injury dash when you could just use Sprint Burst?

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    Options

@Aari_Piggy66

Regarding the WMI change: The way I see it, it’s a buff. Most experienced Survs will know it’s best to heal and be healed the second you’re off the hook if the Killer isn’t near. 10 seconds is still more than enough time to do that, and then you’ve got what is essentially Botany Knowledge 1.5 after multiple hook rescues.