Yes, things got really stupid really quick, but I still don't think this should be possible

I've said this (I play both survivor and killer, fyi) in multiple places, but I think there are simply too many hooks laying around. It's very rare, in my experience, for there to NOT be conveniently a hook within 5 meters of a downed survivor. It kind of reduces the value of perks related to killer grasp. But yeah, this is just kind of silly

Comments

• azazer
    azazer Member Posts: 446
    Coordinate with survivors to all run less hook offerings and sabo squad

• ISaboUrLife
    ISaboUrLife Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2018
    azazer said:

Yeah, spend 15K bp on a single trial. Seems legit. Also, why tf would someone want to be in a sabo squad?
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@ISaboUrLife said:
    azazer said:

Yeah, spend 15K bp on a single trial. Seems legit. Also, why tf would someone want to be in a sabo squad?

Now guess what killers have to do :wink:

Also they cant reduce the hooks considering that DS, flashlights, pallets and bodyblocking are strategies to deny hooks.

Its funny, but when I run a slugging strategy, it always pisses the survivors of so much. Do you prefer that instead of a lot of hooks? Because this is gonna happen if you deny the killer the possibility to hook, no they are not gonna try to hook everytime just that you wiggle/DS off

• Chrona
    Chrona Member Posts: 245

@Master said:

Also they cant reduce the hooks considering that DS, flashlights, pallets and bodyblocking are strategies to deny hooks.

Its funny, but when I run a slugging strategy, it always pisses the survivors of so much. Do you prefer that instead of a lot of hooks? Because this is gonna happen if you deny the killer the possibility to hook, no they are not gonna try to hook everytime just that you wiggle/DS off

Balance is hard :P But I don't think DS, flashlight, and pallets are reasonable arguments against the amount of hooks. Yes, those let the person escape, but, A, DS is essentially going to trigger regardless, plus it is one time. It's a near ensured one-time escape in exchange for a perk slot. Flashlights? I've only seen successful flashlight stuns like, 3 times. Total. On both sides. And Pallet drop for a survivor escape? Once. And ONLY because the survivor happened to go down in the middle of a pallet and a survivor was close. (The killer was not amused).

Bodyblocking.....eh. No comment.

And yes, if you run a sabo squad, you could do that....But who would, really? And realistically, it would only be really possible in a SWF group, which people already hate to a very high degree.

Either way, you can't deny what happened in my picture is a tad insane.

Also, a suggestion I have is to have a maximum number of hooks be capable of being broken/removed from the game. I don't know how many hooks (basement notwithstanding) normally spawn in a game, but my thought is this: the amount cannot be reduced by more than 5. To me, that means, if 4 people burn the hook reduction offering, there can only be one hook fully sabotaged: the moment a 6th hook is sabotaged, the 5th one respawns, similar to the hag's traps. One the other hand, if you run sabotage and no one burns those offerings, you could break 5 hooks permanently, and the 6th one you break causes the first to respawn. This would act as a functional buff to sabotage, while not creating the kinds of insanity I heard happened with it in the early stages of the game's life.

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615

All I see here are survivors getting rekt and then one of them complaining about it on the forums while trying to blame some feature of the game instead of their own individual skill or the skill of the other survivors. Just cut it out.

• Master

@Chrona said:

@Master said:

Balance is hard :P But I don't think DS, flashlight, and pallets are reasonable arguments against the amount of hooks. Yes, those let the person escape, but, A, DS is essentially going to trigger regardless, plus it is one time. It's a near ensured one-time escape in exchange for a perk slot. Flashlights? I've only seen successful flashlight stuns like, 3 times. Total. On both sides. And Pallet drop for a survivor escape? Once. And ONLY because the survivor happened to go down in the middle of a pallet and a survivor was close. (The killer was not amused).

Bodyblocking.....eh. No comment.

And yes, if you run a sabo squad, you could do that....But who would, really? And realistically, it would only be really possible in a SWF group, which people already hate to a very high degree.

Either way, you can't deny what happened in my picture is a tad insane.

Also, a suggestion I have is to have a maximum number of hooks be capable of being broken/removed from the game. I don't know how many hooks (basement notwithstanding) normally spawn in a game, but my thought is this: the amount cannot be reduced by more than 5. To me, that means, if 4 people burn the hook reduction offering, there can only be one hook fully sabotaged: the moment a 6th hook is sabotaged, the 5th one respawns, similar to the hag's traps. One the other hand, if you run sabotage and no one burns those offerings, you could break 5 hooks permanently, and the 6th one you break causes the first to respawn. This would act as a functional buff to sabotage, while not creating the kinds of insanity I heard happened with it in the early stages of the game's life.

Well you must be playing at rank 20 if you have ever seen only 3 flashlight saves, thats kinda pathetic.
    Since devs decided to add SWF to the game, the game must be balanced around it :wink:

• Chrona

@CallMeRusty420 said:
    All I see here are survivors getting rekt and then one of them complaining about it on the forums while trying to blame some feature of the game instead of their own individual skill or the skill of the other survivors. Just cut it out.

Yes, things got stupid fast and we did terribly. I even said so. But if you had read anything I said at any point in this thread, you would know that AS A KILLER I feel there are too many hooks.

Before mindlessly assuming that it's mindless complaining, maybe read and see if they have reasoning to their argument and maybe even suggestions that you could reply to other than attacking the person?

• Chrona

@Master said:
    Well you must be playing at rank 20 if you have ever seen only 3 flashlight saves, thats kinda pathetic.
    Since devs decided to add SWF to the game, the game must be balanced around it :wink:

I've had several people TRY to use flashlights on me (even a rank 5, I think, I forget. But then they also DCed after trading hook places with the last other survivor just to deny me the kill, so hey. Hence why I forget, was mildly pissed after that match :P ), but none (or maybe one?) successful one

• CallMeRusty420

@Chrona said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:

Yes, things got stupid fast and we did terribly. I even said so. But if you had read anything I said at any point in this thread, you would know that AS A KILLER I feel there are too many hooks.

Before mindlessly assuming that it's mindless complaining, maybe read and see if they have reasoning to their argument and maybe even suggestions that you could reply to other than attacking the person?

No I read the whole thing. Talk about assuming. I was just stating what I got from reading your post. I personally don't have any problems about the hooks and I think they are good this way. Survivors don't need a crutch for when they get downed one after the other like dominoes. So excuse me for having the opinion that complaining about the hooks is rather pointless.

• Chrona

@CallMeRusty420 said:
    No I read the whole thing. Talk about assuming. I was just stating what I got from reading your post. I personally don't have any problems about the hooks and I think they are good this way. Survivors don't need a crutch for when they get downed one after the other like dominoes. So excuse me for having the opinion that complaining about the hooks is rather pointless.

Props and fair enough. And I don't think there needs to be a huge change, or possibly even a reduction, (especially since the hook reduction offering exists. And doubly so if sabotage ever gets a buff) but maybe even a change in the placement logic of said hooks, or something along those lines.

But again, I feel there are too many hooks, even as a primarily killer player. I mean, I've had a few times where a survivor ALMOST wiggles out, and that's nerve wracking, but 3/10 I can just turn around and hook them without moving, 6/10 times hook them within 3 seconds or so, and that last one is where I have to walk and they can almost wiggle out.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

Honestly it looks beautiful. You're not entitled to survive.

• CallMeRusty420

@Chrona said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:

Props and fair enough. And I don't think there needs to be a huge change, or possibly even a reduction, (especially since the hook reduction offering exists. And doubly so if sabotage ever gets a buff) but maybe even a change in the placement logic of said hooks, or something along those lines.

But again, I feel there are too many hooks, even as a primarily killer player. I mean, I've had a few times where a survivor ALMOST wiggles out, and that's nerve wracking, but 3/10 I can just turn around and hook them without moving, 6/10 times hook them within 3 seconds or so, and that last one is where I have to walk and they can almost wiggle out.

Well like I said before, this kind of situation that you portrayed with the screenshot is only due to the lack of caution, skill, or whatever you want to call it which is how you and the other two got into that situation. I'm a long time killer main myself. I'm from before Nurse ever came out. I've played through the horrifying survivor-favored balance all the way up to this point. Hell. The balance got so bad that I had to take a 3 month break from this game due to how survivor biased it was. Survivors were so OP that they could make a thousand mistakes and get away clean and yet if you, as the killer, made a single mistake, it costed you the game. Then after BHVR bought the publishing rights from Starbreeze, all of a sudden the devs began to balance the game toward killers which was LONG overdue. And not the bs buffs like the long awaited Wraith cube that us Killers waited for over a year and a half and turned out to be a complete fluke. Oh and remember the Freddy nerf that took place only a week after his release? No wonder Freddy came with a perk called Remember Me. He didn't want to be forgotten when the devs tried to erase him from existence only 7 days after his release. My point is, seeing someone that is a supposed Killer main suggesting a fix to a non-existent problem which would only help survivors, it makes me wonder what you exactly mean by killer main and the only way a situation like that in the screenshot would happen is if you (which you did) and your teammates (which they did) mess up severely and paid for your mistakes which resulted in you 3 gettin hooked simultaneously. I'm sorry but I'm just callin it out like I see it. You can take offense to it like you tried to do with my first post but that's on you. Not me.

• Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370

@Master said:

@ISaboUrLife said:
    azazer said:

I hate slugging. I would rather hang from a hook. I know sometimes its the killers' only choice if they take down your hooks. I hate it cos its boring crawling. If i get slugged i alt tab out and read some online newspapers for two min. But then again i dont sabo. I am actually one of those "nice" survs who do not abuse loops but make you work hard in jungle gyms instead. Ill 99 hooks if i have a daily adn even then only drop it if i have to.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

@azazer said:

Sabo needs an update though because it's a pointless objective. Though, I can't lie one time I went solo sabo and saved atleast 6 hooks from happening. So in that case, my lord it was powerful.

I gotta agree with the fact though if a survivor got downed, they should and deserve that hook unless they do something dumb or survivors intervene.

• Master
    Envees said:

@Master said:

@ISaboUrLife said:
    azazer said:

I hate slugging. I would rather hang from a hook. I know sometimes its the killers' only choice if they take down your hooks. I hate it cos its boring crawling. If i get slugged i alt tab out and read some online newspapers for two min. But then again i dont sabo. I am actually one of those "nice" survs who do not abuse loops but make you work hard in jungle gyms instead. Ill 99 hooks if i have a daily adn even then only drop it if i have to.

As you said, slugging is sometimes the only thing a killer can do.
    If I am genrush es i try to tunnel the first guy and afterwards sluggish the survivors, that's the only viable strategy I've found
  • Kuroyu
    Kuroyu Member Posts: 54

@CallMeRusty420 said:

What exactly does the number of hooks have to do with skill a killer or survivor have?

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

do you know how to prevent a scenario like this from happening?
    dont all rush the same hook / gen when the killer is there.
    Also, you basically said, that the Killer does not deserve to hook all of you, because you went down in one area? seriously? if 3 went down that easily, the killer definitely deserved these hooks.
    Dont blame the hook placement, blame the team and yourself.

• Kuroyu
    Kuroyu Member Posts: 54

And I think the flashlight save doesn't count as an argument anymore. It is still possible yes but due the changes there is no more guarantee that a flashlight save will work.

• CallMeRusty420

@Kuroyu said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:

What exactly does the number of hooks have to do with skill a killer or survivor have?

When exactly did I say that? lol