Devs put more thought into an addon than an ENTIRE KILLER

Here's a little summary of the recent killer updates:

Community: prayer beads are unfair, unfun, have no counterplay, and are overpowered.

Devs: We hear you. We understand that prayer beads offered very little counterplay and understand the player base's frustrations. Therefore, we have decided to carefully rework prayer beads so that it retains its place as a powerful addon but also provides more opportunities for survivors to work around it.

Community: Legion's 4 second stun is ridiculous for such a nonlethal power. There is literally no point in the long recharge period for frenzy as well. Their purple addons are counterintuitive, and they lack chase potential outside of frenzy, making them an unfun m1 killer.

Devs: We admit that increasing legion's stun was a mistake, but we're not going to do anything about it. Here's a slight speed increase, and in return, we are reducing the stall potential of your stalling power. We understand that with the legion rework, double tapping with frenzy is redundant. That's why we're going to fix the pin addons. But, we're not going to fix frank's mix tape or stab wounds study, even though they are just as redundant.

Do you see a pattern? Devs put so much care into addressing the biggest complaints about spirit, but seem to ignore any mentions of legion and other low tier killers. Not once have I seen any dev defend legion's 4 second stun. In fact, the only slight mention I could think of was AGAINST the stun. Yet, they've done absolutely nothing to address these issues that have been present for so long. This is especially infuriating since this part of this patch was dedicated to legion, yet all legion feedback have been brushed aside except for feedback calling for more nerfs (nemesis + BoP). All I want for Christmas is a 3 second fatigue, but even that seems too hard for the devs who are too busy tenderly nurturing the top tier killers, being careful to keep those killers powerful but also balanced. If you want higher killer diversity at high ranks, this is the exact opposite of what you should do.

Comments

• Stornt
    Stornt Member Posts: 145

Legion just needs some sort of full rework. Buffing him slightly could push him back into being a pain to deal with, but nerfing slightly could make him absolutely horrible. Not sure how to make the boys (and girls) better, but I hope they pull through!

• yanking
    yanking Member Posts: 22

Even a fatigue decrease will sate people enough until the meta calls for a rework. My main issue is how much the devs seem to outright ignore legion.