The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

You shouldn't derank when two or three people DC

facundoj
facundoj Member Posts: 52

I've just had a game versus the nurse and as soon as we heard the blink my three other teammates DC. The nurse wasn't nice enough to let me black pip (I know she doesn't have to), so I deranked. This is an issue with the game, why should I derank because of my teammates? I think the game should give you a black pip at least. Specially since there are a lot of crybabies who DC every time there's a killer they don't like.

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    You should, that is the case in any other competitive game because otherwise it could be easily abused.
    The problem in Dbd is that dcs are not punished at all, that's what they need to change
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
       I am all for punishing manual disconnecting. I just get a bit concerned for the accidental DC's as I've had a handful of games where due to the killer being from China with a bad connection I disconnect while in the middle of generator repairs. The fix to manual disconnects is simple, have a disconnect take their item. I have seen most manual disconnections come from over-extending flashlight users determined to keep, their one Utility Flashlight with an Odd Bulb.
  • Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

@Peasant said:
    I've had a handful of games where due to the killer being from China with a bad connection I disconnect while in the middle of generator repairs.

There's a ping indicator in the lobby
    USE IT
    If some one dc unintentionally or not doesn't change the fact that he make the game miserable for the one that are left.
    If you have random connexion lost you shouldn't be playing online game, your making the experience ######### for literaly every one else.
    People currently dc by facking connexion lose because it make them keep their item and bloodpoint.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@Peasant said:
       I am all for punishing manual disconnecting. I just get a bit concerned for the accidental DC's as I've had a handful of games where due to the killer being from China with a bad connection I disconnect while in the middle of generator repairs. The fix to manual disconnects is simple, have a disconnect take their item. I have seen most manual disconnections come from over-extending flashlight users determined to keep, their one Utility Flashlight with an Odd Bulb.

Sadly you can't distinguish between bad internet connection DC and manual DC but it should be easy to solve this issue as other online games do it. If you DC you get a warning if you DC again in X amount of time you get a second warning and possibly lose something akin to ranking in that game or points and after the third DC in X amount of time you get a lockout from rejoining a match. Just tweak what this game needs and voila!

I have no sweet clue why they don't have something this simple in the game. Mind you I have no experience with game development so maybe the fact that "Killers" are host limits the data they can collect. Hopefully they get the dedicated server they spoke about up and running soon.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

If too many Survivors DC, then it's time to play stealthily, the way the game was intended.

• facundoj
    facundoj Member Posts: 52

@Orion said:
    If too many Survivors DC, then it's time to play stealthily, the way the game was intended.

Game is more balanced now, so in a 1v1 situation, the killer has the clear advantage. It's obvious the killer will win if the game is balanced around 1v4. At this point the best you can get is a hatch standoff, which is boring both for survivor and killer. That's why I think the game should guarantee you a black pip, so you don't get punished unfairly.

• Orion

@facundoj said:

@Orion said:

Game is more balanced now, so in a 1v1 situation, the killer has the clear advantage. It's obvious the killer will win if the game is balanced around 1v4. At this point the best you can get is a hatch standoff, which is boring both for survivor and killer. That's why I think the game should guarantee you a black pip, so you don't get punished unfairly.

Stealth is still disproportionately advantageous. Not being seen means not being chased, which means not being hooked, which means not being sacrificed.

• Rune
    Rune Member Posts: 17

@Orion said:

@facundoj said:

@Orion said:

Stealth is still disproportionately advantageous. Not being seen means not being chased, which means not being hooked, which means not being sacrificed.

so hold the game hostage by stealthing around the map for as long as possible in hopes it pisses the killer off into dcing! got it, thanks!

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    I agree with this 100%
  • Orion

@Rune said:

@Orion said:

@facundoj said:

@Orion said:

so hold the game hostage by stealthing around the map for as long as possible in hopes it pisses the killer off into dcing! got it, thanks!

If only there was some kind of engine-type object that you could repair in order to have the opportunity to escape.