The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Am I the only one seeing a severe lack of Oni's?

2»

Comments

• Zender
    Zender Member Posts: 178

Rank 1 survivor, got an Oni 5/5 games day of release now it’s more like 33% of games.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,131
    edited December 2019

The only reason I know there's a new Oni character is because I bought him (with shards) and played as him a few times.

There were a few survivor matches where I saw a giant guy zooming around the map like a fiery hamster ball, but it's hard to call him a killer when he's more like background noise to gen repair work.

• LordEmrich
    LordEmrich Member Posts: 258

I played him once and got 3k. I was on The Game so couldn't effectively test his control but he was pretty good. He'll probably be one of my "I'm tired of easy Wraith/Nightmare/Clown wins so I'll play with this Killer now" Killers.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,280

I bought him with shards, and only reason I'm not playing him more is just out of BP grinding. I wanna equip him with better perks before REALLY using him, and since I dont have BBQ on him yet, its just easier to get BPs on other killers atm.

• NumB_16
    NumB_16 Member Posts: 78

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO3_0OFm-Gw&t=1567 Flick needed nerfs to not be able to do 180º flicks aroud sharp corners like that one. You can still do 90º degrees wich is pretty strong. There was no nerf to his power duration

• SteelDragon
    SteelDragon Member Posts: 745

he is a bad killer, I mean he has NO POWER until he M1's a person and then farms them for blood pretty much, and in his power if you pick up a survivor you lose it and have to re-farm so that means he is made to be a slugging style like killer since that is the most effective way to use him. problem with slugging is that you don't pip that much and you don't get that much BP

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

Yesterday, red ranks, xbox, bill main, 12/12 games vs Oni... It was actually pretty annoying... Don't get me wrong, it was great the first 4 times in a row... But dude... even getting to play on the same 2 maps...

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768
    edited December 2019

There was a nerf to his power duration. In exchange for no loss of CD after picking someone up. So you still loose your ability when picking someone up, but now you got less uptime of your ability when you try to snowball.

EDIT: Just saw the video was from tofu. He got no clue of balance imo.

• Personally, I think the reason we've been seeing very small bits of oni is because of his skillcap. He doesn't really provide a challenging experience to users that rewards them for great showings of skill. He doesn't have things like cross-map hatchets, perfectly predicted blinks, or chainsaw curves.

He's strong, no doubt. But you only need an hour or two to experience what is very close to his full potential. There's no getting better with trap placements with this killer. You hit, suck up blood, blood rage, run around and insta down people. There's no great amount of skill. There's a reason people play killers like Nurse, Huntress, Hag, and Trapper with such devotion. Their possibilities are engaging, and seeing the fruit of your effort is a good feeling. You don't get that with demo, oni, ghostface, plague.

We haven't gotten a killer with a truly high skillcap killer since arguably huntress (I might be missing one here). This is where we are seeing the game become stale.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Every game I played yesterday as survivor were against Oni. In the red ranks on PC.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,886

Today I saw two Oni's out of about nine survivor matches. Maybe its a console thing.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,045

Red Rank, PC and around a Third of my games are Onis. Will go down, obviously. I am rather surprised that I only got one Spirit after the Patch.

• TreSen
    TreSen Member Posts: 186

Honestly, it's because he is kind of trash. Especially compared to similar killers. His 'demon strike' basically only works if you are chasing the survivor in a straight line with no obstacles.

He was really disappointing. Wish I could have my 9000 shards back instead.

• NumB_16

You think that flick was fine but he's the one that knows nothing about balance... right...

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171

I've seen 4 Onis.

One just M1'd and facecamped after the first person he downed DC'ed. Even the second to last person.

Another got a 4k because my genius teammates rushed an unhook and he just slugged us all. He didn't down anyone with his power though.

The other two got 0ks, but did manage to down people using their power.

I've played him myself and had mixed results. As many 4k as 1ks.

• FriendlyGuy
    edited December 2019

The flick was a whole 180°. And? Should you be able to make him useless with simple 180s/360s? No imo.

Nearby, tofu also thought spirit was broken and the nurse nerfs are totally fine and fun. So yes, he's the one without a clue lol.

• NumB_16

He's not useless vs simple 180s/360s. And good killers still dominate with oni, like zubat and others.

Also you clearly never seen tofu or scott videos on spirit cause they never said she was broken or OP.

• FriendlyGuy

Not? But he can flick 90 degrees right? 90<180 that's math mate, no opinion. He's okay against very good survivors, but not amazing.

I'm not keep discussing this thematic, but i give you an advise. Look at which streamers are close to each other and which opinions they got. Just look.

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

There's a reason for that: right now he sucks on console. I have him on xbox and I have to wait until rank reset to play him because in purple ranks with a new killer you learn nothing but frustration. He's slow, clunky in rage form with a slow as hell one shot, and sucks at loops. You miss his hits because the camera points you everywhere BUT your target. Demogorgon is better.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

I played against my first Oni last night in green ranks, so yes. I remember GF and Demo, two weeks had near constant face offs.