The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Ruin makes too much of a difference

AndyMXM
AndyMXM Member Posts: 41
Even if it lasts 30 seconds, you can secure a few hooks that will guarantee you a 4k

Decisive is broken as well.

How about you remove or rework both of those perks so nobody uses them? I feel like games would be much more fun without them.

Comments

• KillingInstinct
    KillingInstinct Member Posts: 272

Hex overpowered? Just tap your mouse button and u won't get a skill check and the repair speed is basically the same xd. We have to be lucky to even have it for 30 seconds since most of the time the survivors spawns right next to it

• AndyMXM
    AndyMXM Member Posts: 41
    I'm currently at rank 5 and players seem to have trouble finding my ruin, what I'm trying to say is that killer depend way too much on ruin, if it's so useless why everyone is using it? Decisive as well can buy you 6 seconds if you keep track of him ( there is a pretty big chance they will miss the skillcheck too) I'd happily have ds removed if ruin would be removed too
  • ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    Get multiple hooks during the first 30 seconds including finding survivors? I smell bullshit

same. chasing someone alone can often take 30 seconds.

Yeah if they basicly use any windows, pallets or exhaustion perks the 30 seconds are easily long gone. Not to mention that survivors no longer tend to spawn that close so you have to spend some time finding one first.
  • Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

Well Ruin is a terrible design.

It mostly hinders weaker survivors who can't do skill checks and have yet to memorise totem spawns.

Perks should hinder weaker players less if anything.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

Nope. Hex Ruin is perfect as it is.

Some players play through it.... I've had it up while 3 gens are done and 2 escaped before at high ranks.

If anything, they should buff totems in general.

Buff Thrill of the HUnt, make dull totems 2 seconds longer to cleanse and hex totems 4 seconds longer.

This would really help with some of the poor totem placements... and help hex perks all together.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,887
    edited July 2018

Depending on the totem placement, ruin doesn't make a big difference IMO. Most competent survivors can work through it.

• chefdave12118
    chefdave12118 Member Posts: 193
    High rank ruin doesn't do much . They either find it or grind though it . It does slow the game down a bit, but not always and it's a must have at high rank for me anyway. 
  • Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    Get multiple hooks during the first 30 seconds including finding survivors? I smell bullshit
    Imagine what he can do without ruin, 70 second games?
  • Sehkmet
    Sehkmet Member Posts: 127

it would be nice to know which hex totem is each hex totem in the map if you are running a multiple hex build, as killer.

• Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568
    edited July 2018

Survivor main, IDGAF about Ruin anymore. If you can hit great skill check at least 3/4 of the time it shouldn't bother you either.

Even if you hit normal skill checks, it only adds about 30 seconds on average to a solo gen... and that's assuming you get an average number of skillchecks. Sometimes you only get one or two, or even none.
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

@Esheon said:
    Even if you hit normal skill checks, it only adds about 30 seconds on average to a solo gen... and that's assuming you get an average number of skillchecks. Sometimes you only get one or two, or even none.

Green toolbox pretty much hard counters Ruin because you do the gen so fast you can flat out fail skill checks and still do it in under 80 seconds.

• dezzmont
    dezzmont Member Posts: 481

While I agree ruin is badly designed, it is literally for the opposite reason you state OP. The killer needs way better tools to slow the game down that involve actual player interaction, like the hook percentage=repair rate reduction idea.

The fact they can slow things down a bit is kinda... insanely needed right now.

• Sally55
    Sally55 Member Posts: 368

@AndyMXM said:
    Even if it lasts 30 seconds, you can secure a few hooks that will guarantee you a 4k

How about you remove or rework both of those perks so nobody uses them? I feel like games would be much more fun without them.

How about you git gud?

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@AndyMXM said:

Within 30 sec you dont even hit a survivor, but ok dude

• Sally55
    edited July 2018

@Master said:

@AndyMXM said:

Within 30 sec you dont even hit a survivor, but ok dude

I think this guy is a troll tbh.

• Sally55
    edited July 2018

@Aari_Piggy66 said:
    Hahaha hahaha No 
    No seriously mate, Ruin is mandatory on most killer for one reason it wastes time for survivors and gains time for killer.

Killer need time, remember in this game killer are on a time limit and for the most part survivors aren't.

However if you really want ruin to become less a viable option so it's not overused first either make gens take longer to complete which is something you probably don't want or suggest a viable alternative.

Also here are some of the progression and generator affecting perks and why they are not viable alternatives before you say them.

Thanatophobia: Is not a viable alternative even if you injured all the survivors it would increase the time taken by 12 seconds at most not counting great or action speed perks.

Pop goes the weasel: doesn't fix the problem as it still requires a successful chase and hooking and then do you have to find a suitable gen within those 30 seconds.

Overcharge: is purely based on the survivors skill and it only happens once a per damaged gen.

Surveillance: hahahaha...hahaha .... there is nothing else that needs to be said about this perk

My thoughts exactly.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j9dM4oNPA18

Ruin OP, please nerf. It’s not fair that it takes less than 6 minutes to Rush Gens, it should only take less than 5 minutes. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@SovererignKing said:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j9dM4oNPA18

Ruin OP, please nerf. It’s not fair that it takes less than 6 minutes to Rush Gens, it should only take less than 5 minutes. 

It already takes less than 5 mins, ive seen games from the depip squad I wont forget^^

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

I am still stuck on how you get a few hooks in 30 seconds. Please post a video that shows you getting a single hook in 30 seconds, let alone 2 hooks.

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    i think ruin is fine :)
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

A few hooks in 30 secs? I am not even sure if 2 hit animations+pick up animation+hook animation allows you to get a hook in 30 secs LUL
    Yeah before going into math, I know they do allow it, I am just kidding.

Ruin is not a strong perk. It is a gamble perk. Sometimes it just works and completely halts the game and gives me 4k without ruin or gens go down, sometimes somebody spawns on top of it and without seeing my totem it gets destroyed. Most of the times, survivors start to do a genny, see skillchecks and within 30 secs it goes down.

Bad survivors can't do anything with DS. It is only good when used by good survivors who can loop you. And when it is used by good survivors, it can be game changing because it makes you lose your momentum. I don't have too much trouble with DS personally though.

• Cardinal_Copia
    Cardinal_Copia Member Posts: 139
    As a survivor main, i don't see a problem with ruin. Sure, you can look for the totem but it's not a problem at all. You just have to adapt. 
  • Sally55
    edited July 2018

@Cardinal_Copia said:
    As a survivor main, i don't see a problem with ruin. Sure, you can look for the totem but it's not a problem at all. You just have to adapt. 

See? You just gotta get better

• Mesme
    Mesme Member Posts: 177

@AndyMXM said:

Ruin isn't as broken as DS was keep in mind Ruin is a Hex and guess what happens to Hex perks? You can flat out delete it if you go find the totem and last I checked there is a perk that pops when you are near or facing a totem... also to add insult to injury most killers feel that Ruin is mandatory because of gen rushers.

• Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568
    Sally55 said:

@Cardinal_Copia said:

See? You just gotta get better

Yep, I've commented this on YouTube as well... Assuming every survivor takes a different gen and gets a normal skill check instead of great every time, odds are 3 gens will pop right after the killer gets their first hook.

Ruin is nothing more than a psychological trick... "must find totem".
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

DbD Forums Episode tow: Return of the Trolls

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

The fact that Ruin is required to eat a killer perk slot is #########. It's also ######### in that RNG determines how effective it is, both in spawn location, and the frequency at which skill checks appear.

• Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    30 seconds gives a few hooks?! What game are you playing?! Do the survivors start on the hooks?!
  • BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606
    AndyMXM said:

Lol are you serious?!?
  • Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757

@AndyMXM said:

How about you cry some more?

• sHAAN
    sHAAN Member Posts: 36

all they need to do is rework gens and ruin i hate gen rush!

• switch
    switch Member Posts: 489

Yeah 30 seconds average at the start of the game is too much.
    Sometimes they even spawn ON TOP OF IT.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited July 2018

Had a match where it lasted all game, and I got 1 of them.

Had another match where it was destroyed within 20 seconds of the game starting. I got 3 of them.

It really is more dependent on the survivor skill. I am not a survivor main, but I can manage a stable 8/10 VS ruin, ergo I ignore destroying it to not waste time. if I stumble upon it sure, but I will not make an effort to look for it. (Plus I don't know totem spawn locations very well)