Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

about Otto Stamper

HermanTheDoctor
HermanTheDoctor Member Posts: 212

Not many things are known about Herman's mentor. Yeah he was Killed by him and was found with a peeled head. But there's one question in my mind at the moment. Herman never held a medical certificate, but was Otto Stamper a Doctor or Professor?

What do you guys think?

Comments

• MisterGein213
    MisterGein213 Member Posts: 31

If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say that Stamper was another "doctor" who worked at Lery's Memorial and was given Herman to train. Maybe he worked on other MKULTRA projects before that and woulda had the experience in interrogation/info extraction, which would explain why they sent Herman to serve under his wing. He most likely held a medical license at one point and it was revoked before he was recruited. Herman himself wouldn't necessarily need one tho. It's not like the US Government was concerned with doing things legally. As long as he knew how to get the info out of the "patients," I doubt they'd have cared about him having one. I hope that the Doctor's lore gets expanded on more in the Archives.

• Ajritoka
    Ajritoka Member Posts: 594
    edited December 2019

I think you’re taking the title “The Doctor” out of context. Herman Carter and his associates at Lery’s Memorial Institute weren’t necessarily medical doctors. Most of them were scientists researching mind control and more effective methods of interrogation. Scientists are called doctors too, like Dr. Albert Einstein for example.

The title of a doctor still needs to be earned though. I’m sure Herman had no trouble earning his title at the university of Yale. The only reason people started to question his credentials is because he began acting unprofessionally as he lost his sanity. People also started to fear him, and fear usually serves as a catalyst for rumours and misinformation.