The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Does second wind need a buff?

2»

Comments

• Nuiveoxr
    Nuiveoxr Member Posts: 33

I suppose. I’m just thinking of times where the killer happens to go after you and if you were in a bad spot to not able for the heal to trigger. I still think the healing time should be slightly toned down

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Counter Point: Efficiency

I look at Second Wind as more of an efficiency perk more than anything. You get unhooked, you don't have to waste time healing, you can go straight to a generator. That's anywhere up to 32 charges saved (a little under half a generator)- maybe more if you're Mangled.

DS is also an efficiency perk as well, I can finish around 50% of a generator (which is 40 seconds) and still waste the killer's time if they want to touch me in the next 20 seconds. Sure, if the timer expires, then that's when Second Wind shines, but what killer can ignore a survivor working on a generator?

I can pretend that I don't have DS (by not jumping in a locker nor doing anything that screams DS to the killer) and BOOM, I get a free health state with a 5 second head start in the chase. 😁

The problem that we're facing is that Second Wind can't compete with DS at all.

Maybe, since this isn't a huge change, why have the perk deactivate when it hasn't been successfully used? Is it really necessary to deactivate the perk when it has a condition and can only be use twice at most? The killer already cancels the insta-heal aspect of the perk by downing you, so what justifies deactivating the perk as well? What does canceling the perk achieves?