Why do people think wraith is top tier?

Options

Bootleg Ghostface(has to give a sound que when going outa stealth)

No chase potential(windstorm addons don't help against an optimal team

Comments

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

I don’t even think those are Wraith’s best combos but Tru3 is very good at the game and it’s clear (as Otz said) he has discovered his playstyle.

Otz made me a better Trapper. Umbra made me a better Huntress. Ohtofu made me a better Hillbilly.

This is tru3’s.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options
  • GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

@op I don’t think him or Ghostface are top tier.

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798
    Options

wraith is strong but addons dependant.

you can patrol superquick gens, you always have the first hit on survs and if you play it well you can have all 4 injured with thanatophobia and sloppy and then you are basically a rank 3 myers.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,780
    Options

I'm waiting to see the statement bubba is top tier

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Because there is no middle ground. If someone finds a build that functions they're top tier, until then they're garbage tier.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,907
    Options

Because Tru3Tal3nt said so. When a very popular streamer states their opinion on something, people are bound to follow and agree with them.

Tru3 is a great killer. I just don’t agree with his tier list. Ghostface is not #3 and Wraith is FAR from #4. No way he can compete with the likes of Nurse and Spirit.

Wraith is not a bad killer WITH add-ons. With his strongest add-ons he is on the lower end of mid-tier. Without add-ons he is not great. He’s slow while cloaked and has no map pressure.

There is just too many killers in mid-tier for there to be room for Bing Bong.

• silverwolf4455
    silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 496
    Options

I dont know anyone that thinks wraith is top tier. He is viable with some of his stronger addons but he is mid maybe mid hi tier.

• Aura_babyy
    Aura_babyy Member Posts: 583
    Options

I'm gonna put my two cents in and say this.

The way Tru3 was playing wraith was fine. His stratagem is what earned him 4k games a lot.

One thing that bothers me is that if you watch Tru3 you will notice that he fails to truly explain what makes Wraith "Top tier". In my eyes, he was explaining why HE was the one doing good with wraith. Also, no need to obviously point out the crutches, such as Ruin/Nurse's Calling/ Silent bell... these perks are fine, but should one single perk build that he uses universally for most of his killers be what defines a Killer's position in the meta?

By his use of addons and perks. Really, most killers should be pretty powerful right?

Black incense Plague?

That one Oni addon that allows you to see aura when a survivor touches a blood orb?

Ghost face caught on camera??

Cmon people.

• NinoV1
    NinoV1 Member Posts: 382
    Options

Underrated maybe, but definitely not top tier.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options

Wraith is very underrated and I've maintained that since his buffs. I wouldn't call him top tier though.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

Very underrated to say the least

If anything Tru3 showed that if you don't restrict yourself for no reason you can do wel even with killers who are deemed "bad"

People honestly need to let go on tier list a bit

Spirit is only "top tier" if you play her well

Same with Wraith, some people cling to tierlist like they are the new testament

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,288
    Options

Because Tru3 seems like he defines a "win" with pipping, and Wraith sorta prints emblems like mad when played in the hit-and-run style that he plays, especially with addons that help the playstyle out. Otzdarva sorta touched on this in his video.

He's completely right that Wraith is underrated and the way he plays him can be quite effective and fun, but I'm just confused as to why people think it's something new (same with the no-stalk Ghostface playstyle). Of course stealthy killers are good at an ambush-oriented playstyle. In my eyes that sorta goes without saying 😄

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    Options

Ghostface is definitely top tier. Wraith I don't think is without add-ons that remove ability to know hes uncloaking etc.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,907
    Options

How is Ghostface top tier? He’s a solid killer but in no way can he compete with the likes of Nurse, Spirit, Billy, Hag, or Oni who are all top tier killers. He’s probably the best stealth killer but not a top tier killer.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776
    edited December 2019
    Options

Underrated in the hands of a skilled player with the right build is a more fair description in my opinion, but that's true for many other killer characters.

BHVR: did you guys just say nerf pig and legion?! Comin' right up!

• FearlessHunter
    FearlessHunter Member Posts: 530
    Options

All it takes is one streamer to get a 4K with any killer and they instantly go “OMG THIS KILLER IS TOP TIER” then everyone else agrees with them.

Cant wait for the day some streamer says leatherface is top tier

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Next time, he gets crushed by a decent team, Wraith magically becomes F Tier again.

• TruEternity
    TruEternity Member Posts: 320
    Options

I wouldn't say he is top tier, but definitely underrated. With the right build and strategy he can limit a lot of options. But top tier, not really, he still is perk and add on dependent in a super bad way, so in my mind he can never be the best if that's the case.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936
    Options

He said wraith was the 3rd or 4th best killer in the game and he was better than hillbilly.

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053
    Options

because he learned chases aren’t important,

he learned it was more efficient to leave them because they’ll have to heal and then run back to a gen while you chase someone whos out-positioned

• ruler33
    ruler33 Member Posts: 244
    Options

because a popular figure in the committee said so meaning a lot of people will agree with him without actually looking at the facts that wraith is still bad.

• beatddb
    beatddb Member Posts: 565
    Options

Wraith also has some power on certain loops, I don't know the name of the technique but you can fake going for one side while uncloacking and quickly switch sides. Sometimes you get free hits with the speed boost.

• KuromiStarwind
    KuromiStarwind Member Posts: 325
    edited December 2019
    Options

Some guy plays 16 games with the best addons and he thinks he's got Wraith and his balance figured out lole

Should I grab 3 of my friends and use all my best survivor addons/perks and see how a killer not playing against potatoes is?

It's exactly right, with his rare addon he's basically just a slightly less subtle Ghostface who can get an easy hit on survivors sometimes. Other than that, he's an M1 killer that can sometimes pop into invis and deny a vault/pallet.

• Write_By_Daylight
    Write_By_Daylight Member Posts: 126
    Options

Tru3 is an overated, unreliable, unintelligent blowhard who thinks he's the best at everything but cries when he gets juked as Hillbilly and screams on Twitch.

Don't believe me, look at his HB vods.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

He is not top tier but VERY underestimated IMO.

• Coder
    Coder Member Posts: 747
    Options

I main wraith at rank 1, my perception of games are like out of 5 games, I get Three 4k, a 2k and a 4 escape (and even then I probably pip or safety pip). Those are my expectations and on average how I perform. The problem is that he has no map pressure, so if you chase a guy for 2 pallets, 3 gens go by.

He's not top tier, but people don't know how to use it, which perks are good with him, which addons are the best... I enjoy playing with him a lot, also with pig.

And I was maining wraith before all this "tru3 said wraith is OP" discussion, and I don't find him as weak as most people think.

• Coder
    Coder Member Posts: 747
    Options

Still some new people have a lot to learn from Oh Tofu. He's like a 7/10 hillbilly.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

Bubba isn't top tier - he's... ENTITY TIER!

"Solid" evidence:

/notseriousofc

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763
    Options

How is Wraith bootleg Ghostface when GF is bootleg Myers?

• Terra92
    Terra92 Member Posts: 583
    Options

Because most survivors don't run a flashlight. The flashlight is the best weapon against Wraith, but it's also the one tool that is immediately stigmatized by the community at large as a skillful item, and more importantly a toxic item. So new players who aren't comfortable using it never want to get good at using it because they feel it promotes toxicity, and they feel just having the tool at all puts a big target on their back.

The mind games a flashlight can put on a Wraith is astonishing. I've burned Wraiths early in the game and they just stop going invisible altogether. It's absolutely nuts

• SurviveByDaylight
    SurviveByDaylight Member Posts: 720
    Options

he attacks really fast and he is really fast 😂 idk man sometimes I feel like it’s difficult to get away from him. You’re just not using him right. He’s OP and not really fun to go against. I think if they made him slower whilst invisible it wouldn’t be as bad but that’s literally allowing you to constantly catch people off guard and camp hooks with ease. That’s not really fair imo. Especially since he doesn’t even show up on kindred. Yeeesh. If you’re not a communicating team of 4 that’s gonna be a shi*t show

• SurviveByDaylight
    Options

I think wraith, ghost face, Michael Myers and pig can all be too much sometimes with the right add ons . Throw an ebony on there too and I just don’t think all of that is necessary. For one they need to make ebony’s at least a little more rare or rework them to where every survivor needs to get hooked before one can be Mori’d

• SurviveByDaylight
    Options

All killers get free hits with the lag boost during the chases. If only this game didn’t penalize survivors so much for playing it 😂

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

basically, because his power allows for good ambushes and allows for a very early first hit on survivors, as they are usually outpositioned and dont have the time to properly position themselves in the short time span given to them by the bell ringing.

a "hit and run" strategy works quite well on him. you basically injure them and immediately go after someone else - and then catch out the injured player later when he is doing a gen / healing somewhere.

he is nowhere near top tier though. a pretty solid mid tier killer, thats for sure though.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

@Yamaoka

LOL That's awesome.

I wish I would have recorded the one where I downed 4 with my corrupt spray gun as Plague, while they were trying to flashlight save this one survivor. 😂

• ShadowRain
    ShadowRain Member Posts: 607
    Options

Wraith with addons is one of the best killers in the game

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

Nothing feels as satisfying as multi-downing people not gonna lie. It certainly must be one hell of a thing to play flamethrower-Plague. I wonder how many multi-downs a Plague main will get over the course of around 10 games with something like:

- Tinkerer (so you can possibly sneak up on "broken" survivors working on gens)

- Discordance (to increase the chance of multi-downing them when they're about to pop a near-by gen)

- Dying Light (so you have more time to approach a gen when Tinkerer kicks in as soon as you got some stacks)

- Thanatophobia (even more time to approach a gen when Tinkerer kicks in if people don't cleanse)

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375
    Options

If you're good with wraith then i guess he's top tier in your opinion?

Same with any killer really.

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651
    edited March 2020
    Options

Unlike Ghostface he can go invisible at any time with no cooldown and his stealth can't be broken by looking at him for 1.5 second (although you have to be mindfull of flashlights). He also get a small speed boost while invisible that can be further increased with Windstorm add-ons, wich is pretty good for patroling maps. He announce himself when uncloaking, but you can get around that by hiding behind obstacles and using Clapper add-ons. Also the speed boost you get from uncloaking can be used to mind game some pallets.

The whole point of true stealth killers is that you don't commit too much on chases. You hit and run. You keep the survivors wounded and guessing, so they are either vulnerable to your surprise attacks or wasting a lot of time healing in safe zones.

Is Wraith top tier ? What does top tier even mean really ? Wraith can be pretty good if you dig his playstyle, but he is just an M1 boy with no absurd mobility or free insta down. Nothing overwhelming, nothing abusable.