We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Today is my birthday and dbd is part of it

PhantomMask20763
PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
edited July 2018 in Off-topic
I remember that I got dbd last year just a few days before.I really wanted to try it out after seeing Youtubers like Ohmwrecker and H20 Delirious play. But I wanted to ask everyone here, how did you find out about this game and what enticed you to play it?  

Comments

• VayneHellslinger
    VayneHellslinger Member Posts: 47

Part because of a friends recommendation way back when the Nurse came out and part because brickster (or Bricky) was playing the game on streams and making youtube videos about it, which enticed me to buy the game an try it out.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@PhantomMask20763 said:
    I remember that I got dbd last year just a few days before.I really wanted to try it out after seeing Youtubers like Ohmwrecker and H20 Delirious play. But I wanted to ask everyone here, how did you find out about this game and what enticed you to play it?  

I bought Dead by Daylight day 1 PS4 release in the hopes that one day I could track you down on your Birthday and tell you "Happy Birthday!"...
    ...Hmm, not sure in hindsight if my reasoning was worth the money...

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

@PhantomMask20763 said:

I bought Dead by Daylight day 1 PS4 release in the hopes that one day I could track you down on your Birthday and tell you "Happy Birthday!"...
    ...Hmm, not sure in hindsight if my reasoning was worth the money...

Definently was not worth the money, you deserve a refund
  • Kevvie
    Kevvie Member Posts: 175

First off, Happy birthday!

I found DBD just browsing through twitch one day and ran into AdmiralBahroo's stream and from then I found lots of streamers I enjoyed watching play it. I bought it day one on PS4 as I don't have a PC and have loved it ever since <3

• RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850
    Hey, Happy Birthday!

Technically my bf found it and figured I'd love it since I'm a horror fanatic. I never really played anything online multiplayer before and was weirdly nervous but still tried it at launch. Quickly became addicted with over 1k hours between 2 platforms (PC and Ps4), mod a pretty large DbD FB group, and spend way to much time playing/posting about/watching others play. I blame landing a sweet chainsaw on the magic juke bus back in the infinites days. It felt SO good getting that cocky bastard. 

Plz send help. Is there like a DbD anonymous group. I could have accomplished so much in the time wasted from this. 
  • No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476

I found it from Achievement Hunter’s “LetsPlay” offshoot channel.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,511
    edited August 2018

I was asked waaaaaay back if I might be interested in testing another game Starbreeze was publishing (I was a mod for PAYDAY 2 at the time, Overkill (devs of PAYDAY 2) and Starbreeze are basically the same company, Starbreeze is basically the publisher side of things). Some asymmetrical PVP game, is what I was told, no other details. I said yes, but nothing ever came of it.

Fast forward way later, they announce DBD and open up sign-ups for the alpha. They didn't love me enough and didn't pick me on the first round. I got in on the second round.

The rest was basically just a happy accident, and here I am today.

• Beverly
    Beverly Member Posts: 184

Happy birthday! Hope you had a great time!

I heard of and saw gameplay of Dead by Daylight aeons ago. It was a blast to watch youtubers play it, but I never really wanted to try it myself. I would watch gameplay every now and then as the updates rolled out, and finally decided to give it a test drive last year during the free weekend. Once I finally started playing, I fell in love! Been playing ever since.

• MegDenson
    MegDenson Member Posts: 36
    edited August 2018

I also found out from Ohmwrecker, Delirious, Cartoonz and Bryce while they were playing together. Back then i was amazed how they were so good at the game, but after 1.5k hours, they look like noobs.