How to Balance DbD (My Ideas)

Tesseract
Tesseract Member Posts: 4
edited December 2019 in General Discussions

Before several months ago, I was a hardcore Survivor Main. I hated playing Killer, I always played SWF, and I never understood "balance". The last time I've gotten a 4K or Ruthless Killer was probably when The Plague made her debut. In September I quit Dead by Daylight for two full weeks. When I came back I played as Freddy Krueger. Ever since then I've dominated every match as him. I changed up my play-style and I started playing perkless and I won. What I've noticed was that Freddy Krueger was like no other Killer. He had anti-loop, mobility, and a "pseudo-stealth" mechanic in the Dream World. I've soon became a Killer Main and now I play both sides equally. This wasn't the case for every other Killer. Most other Killers would get dominated by extremely optimal SWF Groups without ANY chance of winning unless if they had addons. What I've developed is a huge guide on how to buff the base-kit of most Killers but make it so that way they don't need to rely on addons anymore. I've given buffs to very weak Killers such as Clown and nerfs to overpowered addons such as Iridescent Head. I've also given ways to nerf Keys and Moris.

After my months of playing Killer I've came to the conclusion that Killers are in a much worse predicament than Survivors are. The game is a 4v1 and any small mistake could cost you the game (depending on the experience of the survivors).

I know this should be in the "Guides" section of the forms, but I feel this is a much more opportune time and place to show this. This guide I have made Killers (for the most part) equal to Survivors. I have discussed ways to make the base-kit stronger, but addons weaker and not dependable any longer for the weaker Killers or Killers in general. I have obviously not made Killers overpowered, but reasonable enough to be played without addons.

You don't have to agree with all or ANY of my ideas, but if you are interested in them, check out my guide here:

If there's one thing this community needs is a REAL discussion and not just a bombardment of brainless insults like "bUbBA oP pLS nErF" or "you're an idiot" with no explanation.