Opinion: Stranger Things or Cursed Legacy?

Options

Reached my personal "do-this-before-you-buy-any-more-DLCs" milestone and ranked up all survivors and killers to 40. Now I'm looking at the two most recent dlcs and figured hey, see if the forum has any insight other than preference.

So which one of these should I get first in your opinion? Any particular reason why? Just toss a coin?

Thanks for your time and insight, kids.

Comments

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options

While stranger things has some nice perks, cursed legacy has a better killer, alrightish perks and I personally find Oni much more fun than Demo-doggo. That's my personal insight

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,801
    Options

survivor wise Steve and Nancy have way more useful perks than yui

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

Depends what role you're into. If you're a killer player, get Cursed Legacy. If you're a survivor player and don't have the hots for Yui, get Stranger Things. If you're 50/50, you'll get the best value out of Stranger Things.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    Options

Honestly I've been loving the Stranger Things chapter ever since it came out and I highly recommend it. Survivors are great (even if Steve's voice is horrible) and Demogorgon is a great killer but needs some qol updates. Oni is cool but Demogorgon is just awesome imo.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768
    Options

Stranger Things. Demogorgon is way better than oni in his current state. And demo is a cutie.

• Kycer
    Kycer Member Posts: 337
    Options

Idk.. I feel like Demo is the most fun killer in chilly games (when you don’t go against extremely sweaty survivors). But hey that’s just my opinion.

• OldManGloom
    OldManGloom Member Posts: 51
    Options

Thanks for the recommendations, yall - I appreciate it

• ruler33
    ruler33 Member Posts: 244
    Options

the stranger things survs are better imo but the oni is super fun but his perks aren't very good so if your buying for perks get stranger things but if your buying for killer enjoy ability buy big boi oni

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471
    Options

Cursed Legacy has the better killer, but pretty bad perks all around. One of the killers perks is a beginner perk for pete's sake. Stranger Things, IMHO, has a much more fun killer to play, at least for me on console. You also get 2 survivors with pretty good perks, specifically Fixated and Inner Strength, but the killers perks are lacking once again, Surge being the only notable one. Honestly, just look at some gameplay of the perks and killers, and get whichever looks more fun to play.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited December 2019
    Options

Stranger Things. The Survivors have more useful perks and Demogorgon is a really cool and fun Killer while being at least decent on all platforms. He also has a semi-useful perk in Surge.

• Jasonsfar
    Jasonsfar Member Posts: 68
    Options

I would take Stranger Things Demogorgon is a fun killer

• bilaueta
    bilaueta Member Posts: 341
    Options

Depends also in your kind of gameplay, Oni is a killer that goes all in and doesnt require that much strategy to use, while demogorgon relies on strategic portals and mindgames with shred

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998
    Options

I'd wait for cursed legacy to get all of them bugs fixed. Who knows if the killer even remains available after then fix them all in the next 2-3 months(expected time for the next hotfix).

Also it can be free as you can buy it with shards.

Demi-demi isn't really that strong of a killer and dedicated servers makes some of the "plays" randomly not hit.

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428
    Options

Stranger Things, despite the fact I love Yui. Don't mind the profile pic ;)

• chase131119
    chase131119 Member Posts: 839
    Options

Stranger things, Cursed Legacy can be bought with shards

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

This is an excellent point. Spend your money on things that you can't get for free.

• MedicSpirit7
    MedicSpirit7 Member Posts: 689
    Options

I like cursed legacy more but I play both sides equal. I like the design of yui and the power of ONI

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398
    edited December 2019
    Options

Stranger Things:

Pros: Fun, decent, iconic killer, two iconic survivors, great survivor perks that are useful but not broken, new map with some great Stranger Things easter eggs.

Cons: Bad killer perks, map can be hard for survivors (especially new survivors) due to how the pallets are designed, ard to patrol gens as killer.

Cursed Legacy:

Pros:

Aesthetically well designed, original killer, beautiful looking map.

Cons: Killer is mediocre, killer and survivor perks are mediocre to garbage, map is garbage as killer.

Conclusion: Stranger Things is a much better chapter than Cursed Legacy.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246
    Options

Stranger Things is better than Cursed Legacy.

Go for it, way more value.

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238
    Options

Definitely stranger things dude, but i think im so fan of the series so don't take me seriously.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556
    Options

I consider both of those kinda similar...

Nancy has inner strenght, which I use a lot. But yui has the pallet reset, which might do stuff, like that one time I was looping a killer and a feng decided to raise the pallet I needed to vault, sandbagging me with a pallet. And not leaving a blood trail is pretty good if you wanna go full stealth.

Demo is a farming demigod, but only surge is good. Oni is fun, has ok perks, but I can't turn with him properly...

Steve exists...that may or may not tip the edge for you...XD

• RPGWolfGamer23
    RPGWolfGamer23 Member Posts: 126
    Options

It all comes down to preference. Cursed Legacy comes with 1 Survivor and 1 Killer, the Killer's perks aren't entireably bad but honestly I would replace them with something else in a public match (except Nemesis lol). The new Survivor has great perks, the only issue is they're quite situational and one of them can only be used once. Stranger Things chapter gave us 2 Survivors instead of 1 and the 1 new Killer. The Demogorgon's perks imo are not very good unless you're playing a stealth killer. The 2 new survivors perks are alright, not as situational as the Yui from Cursed Legacy but still not the greatest. Both the survivors and killers that come from that chapter are great nonetheless. Just comes down mostly to preference or playstyle.

• TooKoolFoU
    TooKoolFoU Member Posts: 378
    Options

Both chapters are cool. Stranger Things chapter is better in my opinion. However, I’d say the cursed legacy isn’t much different. I think they both lack certain interesting aspects to the dlcs, but eventually I would buy both (if any new players are curious)^