What is a perk that you find overrated? And underrated?

2»

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

I'd normally say Kindred, but with the massive buff, i don't think it's underrated anymore.

Dead Hard overrated, Territorial Imperative underrated.

• Hex_KillerMainBTW
    Hex_KillerMainBTW Member Posts: 449

I believe on the killer's side on overrated would be Hex: Ruin and possibly even enduring (unless you're paring it with spirit fury but that's two perks you have to run to make them work really well.)

Ruin is better for more M1 killers than it is ones with mobility.

For their underrated, I feel like bitter murmurs and possibly even rancor could be a bit underrated, especially if you're new to the game.

Overrated survivor perks: Self-care (pretty obvious why), DS (Higher rank killers don't really eat it so it's kind of a waste since they'll all assume you have it) and I would say balanced landing.

Underrated: Lithe (it's like a sprint burst but if you can get it on the window on the sweet spot it's pretty great), MoM (I mean come on, three hits and your next down is a free survive), Prove thyself. (Imagine the killer running Ruin while you and one other person can hit the great skill checks.)

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Balanced Landing is underrated now, I see a lot of people saying it got gutted.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Yea you will probably lose a gen. But once all 4 are injured the game slows down considerably. To the point that they will be frantically trying to heal or avoid getting hit again to do another gen. Most survivors will try to heal which is a waste of time because Sloppy.

Trust me dude, I use this combo on several killers and it works. You don't have early game pressure, but your mid to late game pressure is immense.

Regarding Pop, this requires you to get a hook and then kick a gen. That's a time sink, and it's only 1 gen. Thana is all gens. It forces survivors to group up to do a gen which means it's easier to get more hits for Thana.

I play Spirit at rank 1 with Thana, Sloppy, Stridor, and Dying Light. I change targets frequently and unpredictably. I slug like crazy. Yea, they will get a gen or two done but once I get 2 hooks healing is no longer and option, and once I get 4 the gens just STOP getting done. It's such a hard thing to recover from as survivor. Once you get into that downward spiral there is no coming back.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

overrated?

Ruin.

we just annihilated a Freddy with Ruin (Ruin went down after NOED btw).

against good players, the perk is literally useless.

underrated?

plunderers instinct.

i mean... you like keys? you like this perk.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
  • Though no one really holds it to any high regard, people tend to rate overcharge higher than what it really is.

The perk is so bad for what it does. SOOO bad.

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828

it's pretty decent on doctor if you put the survivors in tier 2.. the skill check can be off center and then it's pretty much a failed check

• I mean it has it's niche uses, but even then there'd be perks I'd rather run for Doc.

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828

i started running it on doc with pop, just to be irritating

seen lots of explosions even at rank 1 :P

• The_Second_Coming
    The_Second_Coming Member Posts: 1,110

Overrated - Self Care. Seriously, run Pharmacy instead if you insist on healing in a corner all day.

Underrated - Hope, or Wake-Up.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913
    edited December 2019

Survivor:

Overrated: Just like everybody else said, Self Care. Wasting a perk slot to heal yourself for an eternity while doing nothing to progress the game is killing your teammates. Go ahead and Self Care in the corner Claudette, I love the fact that you aren’t doing gens. Makes my game as killer that much easier.

Underrated: Alert. Gives you the killers location. Nuff said. Second Wind is also pretty underrated

Killer:

Overrated: Discordance. Let’s you know the next generator that is gonna pop. Sometimes it’s useless. Also gives very annoying notifications. I hate this perk.

Underrated: MINDBRE...sorry I mean Surveillance. It is very useful against immersed survivor who hide when they hear the heartbeat and crouch in bushes. Let’s you know when they touch the generator again giving you a que to go back. Very great perk.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

sprint burst is overrated, bong is underrated

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,313

Hope is really good when you get to use it. I feel a lot of people just see 7% and think that's low, while a better way of looking at it is that it basically halves a 115% killer's speed advantage over a survivor. Very situational but allows for very greedy plays when the stars align and it comes into play.

• Haku
    Haku Member Posts: 614

The moment more people start runing it it becomes ######### though. There are just that many totems sadly ... And it is really a problem we still cant see the other surviivors perks in the loby so we can atleast know what to expect

Underrated - Detectives Huntch - This perk is great but you need to be able to hit these ruin skill checks

Overrated - I cant think of one now

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,941

My entire build which I am currently using is underrated. It's strong but far from Meta.

I use, Sprint Burst with Fixated to waste less time walking and keeping Sprint Burst ready.

+ Empathy and Solidarity. Whenever I am injured I can see injured Survivors with Empathy so I can heal them and they can heal me to reset my Fixated walking speed. While I heal them first I also heal myself.

Overrated: Spirit Fury and Enduring combo, probably soon to join is the Nemesis and Play with your food combo. It needs the same requirements so the counter is also the same.

Self Care on it's own is pretty bad because it wastes to much time. But people have the mindset of "well but I can heal myself without items". I use it with Botany Knowledge to kick Sloppy right into it's guts.

• I mean, you have to go and actively kick tons of generators constantly to be getting proficient use out of it. At most you're getting a few extra seconds of that generator being done, so if you waste time actively kicking gens, which is a 2 second animation, you would be wasting a ton of time that many killers don't really have.

• Bludge23
    Bludge23 Member Posts: 234

I think we'll make it is very underrated.

I think self care is overrated

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

Overrated:

Self care: No need to explain this one

Adrenaline: It's a really powerful perk but it usually doesn't help me at all. I only use it in swf groups these days.

Underrated:

Resiliance: The extra vault speed is incredibly helpful.

Head on: I mean, it's really not that powerful in solo survivor but you can actually make some insane plays with this perk, especially with a friend. I still think the stun time should be 4 seconds though.

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 800

What perks you usually run with it? Yeah i love we'll make it. Especially when those folks unhook me.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

Killer: Ruin, Ruin is a very powerful perk especially with the newly reworked totem system. However due to its RNG nature it can be practically worthless

Under-Rated: Infectious Fright. If you play your cards right and the survivors mess up in the wrong place, oh man the snowballs are EPIC!

Survivor:

Over-Rated: Kindred. Because no one ever helps each other 😔

Under-Rated: Resilience. More so than even Iron Will, Resillience is a criminally underrated perk. As a survivor you are going to get injured, you are going to not be able to heal quickly, and you will get in chases. Resilience is a direct stat buff of nearly 10%, which is huge in this game. It will allow you to do things in a short amount of time you otherwise never could have managed

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 800

Overrated: Ironically enough to me its Dead Hard even though i use this perk myself lol Killers can easily wait out the dead hard thats what i usually do but its good dont get me wrong.

Underrated: Open handed, this is super good with bond or kindred.

Oh mind if I also ask you too for your survivor build as well? Just like asking people for their builds lol

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Spine Chill, Iron Will, Adren, BT is my primary build.

• PoisonN
    PoisonN Member Posts: 624

Overrated: Barbecue and Chilli.

Underrated: Whispers.

• Bludge23
    Bludge23 Member Posts: 234

I usually run whatever I felt like at the time. My current build is we'll make it, kindred, any means, and no one left behind