Do you let the last survivor go?

Just wondering because sometimes when i do the other people in the session are obviously like "wow you let him go but not us" and stuff like that. I personally feel if theres one person whos been screwed over by everyone else Or they have done a really good job like if theyve looped me landed clutch pallet stuns and other stuff and i see they might have like a rare item ill let them go. I personally don't care about pipping and ranks so i just wanted to see if anyone else shared my view?

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

usually most of the time

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

although I've had killers tell me they were reported because they let me have hatch or gate

• WatchBloodRain
    WatchBloodRain Member Posts: 175

Last survivor I normally let live, unless I'm going for a trophy or a challenge these days

• Guiltron
    Guiltron Member Posts: 149

Yeah, if the survivors I played against were good sports, the last one usually gets the hatch.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

I do unless I see a reason not to. If they were too immersive or farmed their team I'll kill them for my points.

• BloodyNights
    BloodyNights Member Posts: 526

It depends on my mood really. However I've been killing them most of the times just for the extra blood points. But for all those nice survivors who knew if I really wanted to I could kill them all, decided to be good sports and step in my traps, because that's what I needed them to do for my Trapper challenge. I let everyone in the match live....that was still alive. lol

• The_Second_Coming
    The_Second_Coming Member Posts: 1,110

I tend to. I don't like to rank up too fast.

Though lately, it's less about ranking up fast, and more about the queues putting me, a red (well, purple after rank reset) killer up against rank 16-20s. I don't have the heart to do that to baby survivors who clearly had no idea what they were doing all game. In those cases I'll let a couple of them go, but I'll make sure they all get some chase points as well.

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428

It really depends on a lot of things. Am I in a decent mood(I almost always am) or did they play good? If yes then yup, I'll probably let them live and that's just a very small example. I do also have character bias, if you play Feng or Yui you have a 95% chance of a guaranteed escape.

• Parallax
    Parallax Member Posts: 273

I will usually give hatch to exceptional survivors who don't bm, survivors who meme enough to be funny, but not throw the game for their team, or who ever kobes in my face. Or if I crush the team after playing Nurse.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

I used to be set free more often as the last survivor than I have been lately. I don't play killer often but I rarely do it myself. Sometimes I do though if there's a gaggle of Claudettes doing Claudette things, I will let the person go who didn't spend the entire game hiding.

• xCarrie
    xCarrie Member Posts: 982

Survivors who I’ll let go

• Feng
    • Baby dweets
    • Jeff
    • David 🥵

Survivors who’ll die :)

• Nea
    • Blendettes
    • Laurie
    • Quentin

The rest it’s how they act in the match.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Unless it is clearly a poor baby Survivor who somehow ended up on my game, no.

• JC316
    JC316 Member Posts: 693

If survivors got utterly decimated or it's clearly a baby, absolutely. If you ran me ragged or were toxic in the slightest, not a chance.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Yeah, unless I really need the blood points.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

Depends on my mood. If you looped me forever, then no. You obviously have enough experience in the game that you don’t need the blood points. You could rot on the hook.

If you offer me your item, I’ll down you, then let you get up and go.

If you are a bunch of potatoes, and still have 5 gens after 6-7 minutes, I’ll walk one of you to ruin and let you have an easier time. I ain’t got time for that slow of a game.

If you’re a sexy shirtless David, and do a little twerk for me, ima let you live after I put my hands on you.

If I’m playing Hag and catch you looking at my ruin, you must die. Nothing personal, but after seeing memes about her I feel like I have to uphold the legacy.

If I signal for you to unhook someone and you don’t, you die.

If you’re playing Jake, you die. I hate him for some reason.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,109

######### no

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

No. In the words of Ivan Drogo, "If he dies, he dies."

• TheMonadoBoi
    TheMonadoBoi Member Posts: 346

If they weren't toxic and/or they don't wiggle then yeahh I even try to give them doors (Cause it gives more points in the end if I'm not wrong?)

• TheMonadoBoi

All Blendettes die tho

No mercy for people playing on easy mode.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
  • DonZwiebel
    DonZwiebel Member Posts: 136

If they played fair and good enough I'll usually let the last one leave (It was 5000 vs 300 Bloopoints the last time I did so, no loss for me, but a win for the survivor) because fair and untoxic play has to be rewarded somehow.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

If I see the last survivor when I'm downing the other one, I'll slug for it, if I don't know where they are I'll pick up and hook.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

If I'm Nurse, always because the poor fella doesn't have a chance against me during the EGC, especially when the Exit Gates spawn on the same wall. 😕

However, they have to show me they have perseverance and attempt to open the Exit Gates despite their non-existent odds. If they attempt to open the Exit Gates, I'll let them live because at least they are trying and that's what I look for in a survivor. 😁🤗

• TheMonadoBoi

Nowhere near as bad imo hahah they get a free hatch pass

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

Never. Do the survivors let me get a few hooks when I got completely rolled? No they don't and I don't show mercy when I roll them. Also the only time I ever get a GG from survivors is when they win, bunch of toxic little turds get no free escape from me, well unless they are a baby survivor who is clearly learning the game, I'll let them go most of the time but experienced survivors nope.

• FabV
    FabV Member Posts: 173

Never.

And as a survivor (main Jake, no toxic behaviour/outfit), I never faced a killer who did either.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Just when I feel like it.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

At the moment I am. I don't want to double pip.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,897
    edited December 2019

Funny this topic popped up. I had a Huntress let me go as last survivor a couple of hours ago. She messaged me afterward telling me she always lets Dwights live.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171

Almost always. Especially if they flashlight, tbag, or point at me a lot (you read that right) or have cute cosmetics.

Sometimes I'll let multiple Survivors go too; if their teammates threw the game for them or if I get everyone too fast (0 kills and 28k bp > 4 kills and 16k bp).

• Atchoo
    Atchoo Member Posts: 326
    edited December 2019

It depends. If the survivor got sandbagged, would have died due to potatoe teammates or if the match was exciting and fun - ofc, I dont see a reason why I shouldnt let the last one get out.

It really depends on my mood though.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

I like being a good fair sport in all my lobbies. This game's population can be ridiculously toxic at times, so I always strive to have my lobbies serve as a quality example of what DBD should be. Fair, respectful, and most importantly fun. So even if I decide to not let anyone go I've done everything in my ability to be a good host and host a great game. It is a great feeling when it pays off

That said if you pull out a Decisive Strike on me

Your D E A D B O Y O

• Freddy420
    Freddy420 Member Posts: 9

sometimes, depends on how the game was

• Satelit
    Satelit Member Posts: 1,377

From my experience as survivor it's mostly Huntress and Ghostface players that let the last one live,I've never seen a Billy or Spirit do it.

That being said if you have a cute outfit you live,if you're a fashion disaster you die if I'm killer

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

Sometimes if a survivor was a cutie.

• fozzy_ozborn
    fozzy_ozborn Member Posts: 48

Dwight's should always be allowed to escape!

I love playing The Dwight Knight.

• chase131119
    chase131119 Member Posts: 839

I sometimes let them go, I sometimes hook them. I sometimes even have a little fun and decide that if they wiggle, they die and if they don't wiggle, they get the hatch.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

If the last survivor played well (and wasn't toxic) I will probably give them the hatch.

• PeenutsButt3r
    PeenutsButt3r Member Posts: 695
    edited December 2019

Only when their teammates play so bad, sandbag, or die on first hook then I'll let the nicest/last one or even the whole team leave.

If I work hard and play fair for the a whole match, I will sacrifice the 4th one, they are treated equally.

• Thasard
    Thasard Member Posts: 268

It does vary. If I can no longer complete a Tome task or they had early game DC's, I will probably let the rest escape. Although sometimes I forget how many times I hooked someone and then they die...oops.

If you flashlight blinds me before I decide you can live, I will be less lenient.

Some games with DCs I just slug the rest of the game. And I have carried someone to my ruin when I've just mutilated them as a team.

When you have multiple people who have been hooked twice and no gens done, I feel bad. That was not an even game.

But I'm not a very good killer, I want to be able to do gens and join the survivors like a good trapper boy.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    edited December 2019

Sometimes.

If they played well? Sure. Especially if I feel like their team kind of just... left them to do the work.

Also if I feel like I bullied them too hard I might give the last one the hatch. If they didn't have a flashlight or key.

Never if it is a Dwight, Claudette, Jake or Meg though. I have bad experiences with the original 4 Survivors all the time and none of them are ever getting out if I can decide their fate.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

Depends, no real rules or guidelines I follow. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

I'll say it now though, if I ever get a survivor that manages to proc MoM 2 or more times in one match I'm letting them go. Even one time is a power move, 2 times in one match is superhuman 😄

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

How I feel tbh depicts whether you get a free escape. If your a low rank survivor or your not good at the game I tunnel you down.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

I do now, specially since I am in no rush to rank up anymore. If I am obviously better than the competition I may allow two to go. If it is a sweaty match with great survivors it depends on how I feel the game went.

• Polychrome_Baku
    Polychrome_Baku Member Posts: 404
    edited December 2019

I always let Jane go. Everyone else can die (unless they were fun to chase).

Blendette players always get an express ticket to hell, no exceptions.

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609

If the survivors played well, didn't BM or I was playing Insidious Bubba (Best bubba build btw) and someone DC'ed