Oni or spirit?

About to reach 9000 iradescent shards again. My first choice was legion. Was really fun till I got to rank nine. So onto my new killer. Which one does those godly survivors have more problems with? Btw I also know if I had more skill any killer would do good. First forum post btw.

Best Answers

Answers

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Pig.

• kajagobi
    kajagobi Member Posts: 41

Can't buy pig with iradescent shards

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Spirit is the best of the two

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

Oni's got bigger arms.

• S_Panda
    S_Panda Member Posts: 539

I have a lot of fun with the spirit personally. She's one of the few killers that avoid the debris loop till pallet stun, repeat cycle of chases and feels very satisfying when you predict the survivor's moves perfectly.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Both are strong...or were...or will be. Oni used to be great but they've messed him up and are planning on fixing his flick out of demon dasb in the future, which is what made him fun. But he requires a bit of work from the player to do well.

Spirit is the opposite, not really demanding much from the player other than "do you have ears and if so, do they work". Her power's a guessing game for the survivors and you can basically guarantee a down after they're injured, making her really strong, both in terms of power and how much she infuriates survivors. Her lunge out of phase is also bugged too (unless they've fixed it now) but she doesn't rely on it to be effective.

In terms of perks Spirit's are better by a long shot as well.

• kajagobi

Tyvm for the useful info. I think I'll go with spirit

• Go_Go_Roboto
    Go_Go_Roboto Member Posts: 330

Spirit mains are nerds don't fall for the trap

• Parallax
    Parallax Member Posts: 273

Spirit is stronger since Oni lost his flick, but Oni is more fun.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

Oni isn't really my cup of tea, I've had good matches with him and I can't see to enjoy him as I do with Spirit. Using Spirit I get a thrill out of being outplayed, and coming back to correct that mistake

• Thanatos_x
    Thanatos_x Member Posts: 201

Oni actually takes skill now, so best to just say he doesn't work anymore, and to just use Spirit instead

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Depends on your perspective of what makes a killer desirable. Don you want a killer who performs well when played properly? Do you want a killer with cool aesthetics? Do you want a killer with fun lore or interesting power?

I can offer my opinion on the matter but as mentioned above you will need to decide what traits you're after.

-Spirit is a great killer if you want to stand a chance against top teams/players or simply wish to focus on ranking. She has a somewhat difficult learning curve if you are someone who typically plays by sight and not sound. While headphones are not needed to play Spirit they do wonders for her. Spirit has a fun power allowing you to use it for both map pressure and hard chase engagements. This killer will definitely make you feel like a powerful force rather than a fumbling plaything. Be warned you may see tons of DCing players.

-Oni is an interesting topic. I play PS4 and connot speak to PC where it seems he is viewed quite differently. I can say that on PS4 frames tank when you use his power "Demon Dash" (for both killer and survivors nearby). Sadly due to poor frame rate its a damn miracle if you ever land his ability as his "insta down" he can be dodged by simply moving left or right with more ease than a Billy chainsaw. While visually pleasing, this sexy hunk of demonic man doesn't measure up when it matters most. The character is still fun for the fact that you feel the weight of each step (much like Demo-goodboy) and you will feel like a truck built of muscle and testosterone, although this feeling will be fleeting vs a competent team who understands basic dodge/loop mechanics.

• Bigbootiejudy666
    Bigbootiejudy666 Member Posts: 407

Hag

• kajagobi

You wasn't joking about the disconnect players. Even rage messages.

• SteelDragon
    SteelDragon Member Posts: 745

if you like middle tier killers then get Oni

if you like playing a slugging killer get Oni

if you like having no power until you get the first M1 of a game, get Oni

hope you see where im getting at with how bad Oni is

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768
    edited December 2019

Spirit. Oni is pretty much trash against survivors with a brain rn.

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899

Oni is garbage brah