I really miss the legion's old unlimited attacks during feral frenzy

back then there was so much freedom, you can just swing around as much as you want, but after the rework you can only swing if you are sure it will hit the survivor

it's called FERAL FRENZY for a reason, not precise hit. The devs are just lazy to fix the bug where swinging the knife multiple times during feral frenzy made you move faster :/

Comments

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    edited December 2019

I miss those times also, but don't make it more beautiful as it was.

Survivors who got hitten, had always then got a speed burst, like by any other killer attack also.

Still, to run behind them and just hitting the air, to rise the "stress-level" for the survivors was golden :).

I even believe, that this sometimes had lead to some mistakes, survivors have made.

The devs reason to take it away was, because they thought there would be no counterplay and skill involved.

While we can discuss about the skill thing (that is imo more standpoint loaded as any other argument, besides maybe "unfun"), there was counterplay, just not always.

But in dbd you run often in situation were nobody has counterplay and the most of those things still exist in dbd. So that can't be an argument.

Edit: 666 posts WEEEEE :D. That has to mean something, I only need to discover what... Hm...

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

I really do miss it as well I can understand why it was removed to but I would still want it back even though it probably will never come.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,962

I really hope one day frenzy misses don't deplete your power it's possibly the most annoying ######### in this game

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

I have been saying it for a long time now. Missed Frenzy hits should have no penalty whatsoever. This penalty would gave made sense with old Legion, where their power would down you. But now? Frenzy doesnt down you at all. Survivors can mend extremely fast. There should be no such hard penalty for such a non-lethal attack.

And the issue with those hits granting you extra distance? Just remove the lunge and make it a T1 Myers lunge.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171

I miss that and the 'death of a thousand cuts' way of downing people. Legion was so fun to play like that.

You know what I don't miss though? The disconnects. Old Legion needed changed; they broke the game and ruined the fun for Survivors.

I just wish the devs would give Legion an actual fix and make them more fun to play as.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I miss it too, although i can understand there being a penalty for missing

I just wish it wasen't so harsh

• DepressedClownMain
    DepressedClownMain Member Posts: 924

I as a survivor don't. I miss 360'ing a killer just to have hit turn aroun, miss 2 more hits and start hitting me 49 times until I eventually died of mend

• kate_main
    kate_main Member Posts: 178
    edited December 2019

"I miss him being braindead and having no counterplay"

Yeah,I figured out why so many "Legion Mains" think their killer is bad,LOL.

• Lithuanian
    Lithuanian Member Posts: 141

bruh old legion required 0skill why the hell would anyone want that back

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    edited December 2019

There are a ton of activities in dbd that have no counterplay, or require only low skill.

Or did you think that:

-Using a key

-Using moris

-Using a ton of second chances perks

-Using noed

-gen rushing

-face camping

shows "skill"?

It makes sense that those things are in dbd (besides the one or other perk maybe), but 1 thing they all have in comon -> either they all need no skill, or they reducing the necessary skill to achieve your objective to a bare minimum.

So don't let us please talk about skill until we all esl pro-gamers, mhmkay?

• laurelstroodle
    laurelstroodle Member Posts: 432

Well, you will keep missing them, cause I hope that doesn't get back in any way/form.

It is really unfair to dodge 5 hits and just shows how unskilled the player is

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

Well no thats not it, its more about variation being the spice of life, a fast hitting killer that can do some quick jabs is unique, and for the survivor balance all it does is inflict deep wound so they could stab them 100 times and it would not matter.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

I agree, with the old Legion it made sense, but now not anymore.

If anything, reduce or remove the cooldown reduction on missed attacks, but don't let them deplete the power.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768
    edited December 2019

No, you need to be punished for missing that completely useless, non lethal attack!