It is possible to kill 4 survivors in the basement without being an #########

Pez
Pez Member Posts: 17
edited December 2019 in General Discussions

Recently went against a killer that triple trapped basement, camped, and then tunneled. The survivor ragequit and he did as well. He then explained to me that I "pussy ass survivors" are the reason he can't complete the challenge. PSA: I completed the challenge without camping or tunneling. It isn't that bad.

Comments

• lynelmane
    lynelmane Member Posts: 549

It's very very hard to complete the challenge without playing scummy and tunneling/camping. Very hard.

• Hex_KillerMainBTW
    Hex_KillerMainBTW Member Posts: 449

I got it on haddonfield playing ghost face. If I had used agitation it'd have gone a lot smoother. Also maybe get lucky on getting survivors that don't really know what you're trying to do and assume you're meme'ing. But I got it on my first try. I think the issue comes down to people trying too hard and attempted just to focus on that one thing. Which is unfortunate

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

Don’t be silly. Winning makes you a bad word

• DepressedClownMain
    DepressedClownMain Member Posts: 924
    edited December 2019

Yeah, use agitation and iron grasp. You dont need to do it at the same time, so no need to camp

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • AAAAA
    AAAAA Member Posts: 558

OP, Have you done that challenge?

• kate_main
    kate_main Member Posts: 178

Not at all; just play normally and hook them in the basement

• tylerlogsdon1
    tylerlogsdon1 Member Posts: 158

I had a game end right after the 1st gen(which I did solo), someone hid in a shack locker, they were all swf except me, they tried to go for saves and got pulled off by Ghostface each time. Then I was stupid enough to try and go for it and he got all 4 of us on basement hooks.

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994
    edited December 2019

It’s possible but very difficult. I got it first try running agitation and iron grasp Nurse LOL. everytime someone went down, they went to the basement.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867
    edited December 2019

It is not hard to complete at all with Trapper. No scummy play needed. I loaded up Agitation, IG, Enduring, and Spirit Fury. Rolled with a burlap bag and darkened traps. Did not have to camp, but would return if they hit a trap. Did not down anyone except the last guy (who kobe'd) after unhook. It took picking and choosing my chases a bit more. I was not going to be lured outside of my carry range unless it was their first hook. Did it on Purgation map with the basement in the Killer Shack. Trapped up the field of play I wanted to work in and let them get the two gens outside of it.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

Pretty much no - it's a toxic challenge.

• SambaSaw
    SambaSaw Member Posts: 137
    edited December 2019

Its not toxic at all. You just need to have patience and concentration.

Did it with a spirit at red ranks (haunted, agitation, sloppy, bbq, duration and recovery addons). Start hooking survivors on any hook as fast as you can. Keep track of how many times you hooked each survivor. Get rid of pallets near your basement (for me it was just 1 pallet in shack on a farm map). Keep gen pressure and when they do 1-2 gens kill 1 person and push them to shack/basement. Try to use haunted or devour because those would help you a lot. If you're in a chase and haunted pops down your survivor fast and instantly search for next survivor so you can use your perks.

• LemeTheMeme
    LemeTheMeme Member Posts: 403

Oddly enough, I did it 2 games in a row with billy. I ran BBQ, IG, Agitation, and Ruin. I will say I somewhat proxy camped, but didn't tunnel or slug. It was stressful af still, cause if you tunneled the wrong person, they could DC and ruin the whole thing for you.

Though it's not too hard, I find the challenges like this bring out the worst in killers. Hopefully the next tome won't have such challenges. I really dislike the challenges like the sacrifice 2 survivors during EGC with NOED, or the kill all 4 survs in basement, or even escape without being hooked with spine chill.

Don't get me wrong though, I love a lot of the challenges too. The altruism ones were really fun! I really enjoyed playing the challenges! Just not the ones that made me feel scummy/ and a non team player.

Hopefully the next tome isn't as rewarding the scummy, but I still love a challenge!

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    edited December 2019

Honestly, I hate to be that person, but people need to start taking things less seriously in-game — I'm guilty of this too, sometimes.

I try not to let losses, unlucky streaks, or BMs (from survivor or killers) not get to my head. 😁

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    edited December 2019

It is a toxic challenge that will bring the worst out of both sides. People saw it in the the tome 4 leaks and complained about it but BHVR did what is usually done with universal feedback, ignore it and implement it anyway.

• Izo_Quartz
    Izo_Quartz Member Posts: 250

I just played the game normally, all did was use iron grasp + agitation with 2 other perks and instead of hooking them on a random close hook, i just hook them in the basement each time, i didn't tunnel or camp and i did it on my third try as huntress on the ormond map, didn't get any complaints from survivors either. However, i did have to slug the third guy so the hatch wouldn't open.

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 995

I got it on Asylum as LF on my first try. Used Agitation and Iron Grasp. No camping or tunneling needed. Just played normally and when people were Deathhook I brought them to the basement.

Also used a party streamer to guarantee nobody would DC. That's like 200IQ on my part

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

It is toxic because it forces out the worst tactics in order to achieve it. You can just wait for it to happen - but how many are going to do that with it constantly reminding you.

And Spirit - haha, yeah I guess that is easy then.

• AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443

The problem in general is, that people still dc if you play fair.

If you try to do achallenge like this, that forces you to play in a specific way that you may be not even like, but still try to keep it fair by not tunneling. And often people still dc (because many people dc without any reason at all), it is just frustrating. And with this frust as killer you may think "they dc anyway, might as well tunnel the next group".

The main problem is, that sometimes bad rounds affect the playstyle of your next round - which should not happen, but it often does. If people would stop dc or suicide on first hook, maybe the killers wouldn't play that toxic for a challenge.

Personally, I can't wait for the dc penalities to be back online.

• RobertCop
    RobertCop Member Posts: 25

Don't hate the player hate the challenges. It was behaviors choice to make this and honestly survivors are just as toxic with this challange with all the dc's