We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Story time: No Mither, no problem!—one of my most epic games.

Options
No_Mither_No_Problem
No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476

A little background info: This was on Xbox DBD. I was solo Qing (no SWF). My Perk loadout consisted of T3 Dead Hard, T1 No Mither, T2 We’ll Make It, and T3 Resilience on David King.

Game starts. Thompson House. Not off to a great start. Five minutes and one gen in, one team mate has been hooked and rescued and another is in the basement. The Killer (Doctor) is circling the big house, making sure no one is nearby. I wait until he scampers off, then make a mad dash for my hooked friend. I free her, but the Doctor comes back and I get chased for a good while (saved by Dead Hard) until he finally catches me. He puts me on a hook near the cornfields.

After some time, Claudette has come to get me. For the heck of it, I attempt an unhook escape since it will now be inconsequential—and right as she’s about to rescue me, I successfully free myself first try.

So, that’s already meme material enough. I scamper off since she’s unable to heal me and get some gen repairs done. Eventually, the basement Surv is hooked in there again.

The Doctor has started to camp pretty hard. I wait for an opening and sneak in, unhooking them once more. I can hear the Doctor coming. I decide, “Screw it! I’ll Dead Hard into him and buy time for my friend! One of us is getting out of here alive!”

And one of us did—me. The DH invulnerability window made the Doc swing and miss, but my poor friend elected to stay back downstairs. He goes for her, buying me time to get out. So get out I do. Things go normally until I’m found again. And one vault—one singular vault—saved my life. I narrowly escape the grasp of the Doctor and flee to the safest possible place: a pallet.

I can’t loop him because he’s too close, but I can stall him. I drop it and continue running till I get to the meat tree. It’s there that I finally bamboozle him, once more thanks to a sacred vault. Didn’t even need to use the pallet.

The gens are all popped. Suddenly, Nea goes down. I’m not letting my friends die. I get close before he picks her up and bait him away. He goes for me, and I vault to safety yet again—until, sadly, he finally catches me near an exit gate.

I sigh in concedement. I had a good run; I probably at least safety’d. I wait for the Doctor to grab and hook me, sealing my fate.

But he doesn’t. The Claudette that I had escaped in front of is now here, and he goes for her instead! She leads him on a chase, drawing him far, far away from me—allowing No Mither to pick me up off the ground.

I’m right in front of an exit gate. But Nea is still down in the cornfields. I know what I must do. I make a beeline for her while Claudette escapes the Killer, healing her to full. She is saved because of me.

We both head for the other, closer exit gate. I start working on it, only for the Killer to ambush us. Nea and I both run. Instead of going for me, he goes for her, allowing me to open the gate.

Claudette has left at this point. Nea goes down. I run after her, not knowing she was dead on hook. She perishes, to my great sorrow. The Doctor turns and locks eyes with me.

There are no pallets, no windows—nothing but a Killer and a now-distant exit.

I get about halfway there before he hits me. My Dead Hard fails. I go down. He picks me up. Now my fate is certainly sealed. I begin wiggling in the hopes that maybe, just maybe, I can be free. But such a hope is rapidly diminishing. As I’m half of the way there, we arrive at the hook—but there is a pallet blocking his way.

He attempts to go the other way. But he gets too frustrated with the effects my wiggling has on his movement. He drops me. I attempt desperately to crawl away as he shatters the pallet. I get as far as I can. He picks me up.

So close. So, so close.

The hook is drawing near. We are inside the jungle gym. But I am almost saved.

And then, it happens. Not five metres from my death, I break free. In my amazement, I almost forget to run.

Almost.

I push past the Doctor, on a dead sprint for the exit. He recovers from the stun and is in hot pursuit. The gate is so close, but the Doctor is closer.

Then I realize—my failed Dead Hard! Because it never happened, I have no Exhaustion!

He’s not within lunge range, but he’s getting much too close. Taking no chances, I dash to the exit and burst out screaming in victory on the other side. After all the strife, all the failed save attempts, all the chases, I’m free.

And had it not been for No Mither, I most certainly would have died.

Truly a stunning experience.

Comments

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

A little background info: This was on Xbox DBD. I was solo Qing (no SWF). My Perk loadout consisted of T3 Dead Hard, T1 No Mither, T2 We’ll Make It, and T3 Resilience on David King.

Game starts. Thompson House. Not off to a great start. Five minutes and one gen in, one team mate has been hooked and rescued and another is in the basement. The Killer (Doctor) is circling the big house, making sure no one is nearby. I wait until he scampers off, then make a mad dash for my hooked friend. I free her, but the Doctor comes back and I get chased for a good while (saved by Dead Hard) until he finally catches me. He puts me on a hook near the cornfields.

After some time, Claudette has come to get me. For the heck of it, I attempt an unhook escape since it will now be inconsequential—and right as she’s about to rescue me, I successfully free myself first try.

So, that’s already meme material enough. I scamper off since she’s unable to heal me and get some gen repairs done. Eventually, the basement Surv is hooked in there again.

The Doctor has started to camp pretty hard. I wait for an opening and sneak in, unhooking them once more. I can hear the Doctor coming. I decide, “Screw it! I’ll Dead Hard into him and buy time for my friend! One of us is getting out of here alive!”

And one of us did—me. The DH invulnerability window made the Doc swing and miss, but my poor friend elected to stay back downstairs. He goes for her, buying me time to get out. So get out I do. Things go normally until I’m found again. And one vault—one singular vault—saved my life. I narrowly escape the grasp of the Doctor and flee to the safest possible place: a pallet.

I can’t loop him because he’s too close, but I can stall him. I drop it and continue running till I get to the meat tree. It’s there that I finally bamboozle him, once more thanks to a sacred vault. Didn’t even need to use the pallet.

The gens are all popped. Suddenly, Nea goes down. I’m not letting my friends die. I get close before he picks her up and bait him away. He goes for me, and I vault to safety yet again—until, sadly, he finally catches me near an exit gate.

I sigh in concedement. I had a good run; I probably at least safety’d. I wait for the Doctor to grab and hook me, sealing my fate.

But he doesn’t. The Claudette that I had escaped in front of is now here, and he goes for her instead! She leads him on a chase, drawing him far, far away from me—allowing No Mither to pick me up off the ground.

I’m right in front of an exit gate. But Nea is still down in the cornfields. I know what I must do. I make a beeline for her while Claudette escapes the Killer, healing her to full. She is saved because of me.

We both head for the other, closer exit gate. I start working on it, only for the Killer to ambush us. Nea and I both run. Instead of going for me, he goes for her, allowing me to open the gate.

Claudette has left at this point. Nea goes down. I run after her, not knowing she was dead on hook. She perishes, to my great sorrow. The Doctor turns and locks eyes with me.

I get about halfway there before he hits me. My Dead Hard fails. I go down. He picks me up. Now my fate is certainly sealed. I begin wiggling in the hopes that maybe, just maybe, I can be free. But such a hope is rapidly diminishing. As I’m half of the way there, we arrive at the hook—but there is a pallet blocking his way.

He attempts to go the other way. But he gets too frustrated with the effects my wiggling has on his movement. He drops me. I attempt desperately to crawl away as he shatters the pallet. I get as far as I can. He picks me up.

So close. So, so close.

And then, it happens. Not five metres from my death, I break free. In my amazement, I almost forget to run.

Almost.

I push past the Doctor, on a dead sprint for the exit. He recovers from the stun and is in hot pursuit. The gate is so close, but the Doctor is closer.

Then I realize—my failed Dead Hard! Because it never happened, I have no Exhaustion!

He’s not within lunge range, but he’s getting much too close. Taking no chances, I dash to the exit and burst out screaming in victory on the other side. After all the strife, all the failed save attempts, all the chases, I’m free.

Hey look at that, you found an interesting story to tell.
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

I used it, body blocker and tenacity’d out the gate. Killer hate nailed me for deleting his precious single kill

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    Options

@Aari_Piggy66 said:
    No_Mither_No_Problem said:

So close. So, so close.

Almost.

Hey look at that, you found an interesting story to tell.

Ace finger guns

• FIEND8LOODED
    FIEND8LOODED Member Posts: 336
    Options

Damn. Nicely written. I love survivor stories like these.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

Ace finger guns

I think I'm in love 
  • No_Mither_No_Problem
    Options

@Aari_Piggy66 said:
    No_Mither_No_Problem said:

Ace finger guns

I think I'm in love 

Bad choice tbh. I suck at being an enjoyable individual.

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    Options

@Tombstone218 said:
    Damn. Nicely written. I love survivor stories like these.

“Stay a while, friend, and I will tell you an epic tale.”

“The tale... of the No Mither meta.