Ideas to buff bubba...

Personally i like Bubba more than Billy aestetic-wise, so i find it incredibly dissapointing that he is literaly worse than Billy in everything [ besides camping }.

It makes no sense to me that the killer who needs to use his insta-down in close range can’t even keep up if they run around a tree but the killer who goes in a straight line with his insta-down can.

~the first idea is obviously to reduce his speed-reduction while revving. It should be either %110 - %105 or maybe %100 but not lower than the survivors.

~the second idea is to remove the tentrum and therefore remove the ability to hit walls so you can hug them tightly.

the problem with this though is that the tentrum is from the movies and too iconic to just remove, so the alternative is...

~let bubba keep his movement while in a tentrum. I don’t really know what his movement speed will be, but it would be really cool if he actually gets %120 speed while in a tentrum. This will make him alot more dangerous at loops which he needs with his lack of gen pressure. This will also make him mirror billy who has great gen pressure but lacks at loops which i think is cool.

If you know any other cool buffs / changes let them know.

Comments

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    edited December 2019

All he needs is faster movement speed while charging and faster movement speed while chainsawing.

Keep tantrum, it’s a cool idea.

• Witas
    Witas Member Posts: 477

The thing with a killer that's so simple design-wise is that he'll almost always be either too op or too weak, it'll be difficult to find the sweet spot I fear.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

I feel like everything suggested in this post would make him so, so over powered.

As someone who used to main Bubba, the main problem with him was map pressure, never his ability to down survivors, up until I'd say rank 8.

If he goes the same speed as a survivor while reving his chainsaw then the survivor can't escape unless they find a window or pallet.

Tantrum was made so you can't hug walls, so you can't over use your speed boost. If you want to neglect this diagonally position your self away from the object. Doesn't work on all surfaces and means you can't always focus on survivors.

If bubba could have 120% tantrum movement speed, he'd be A/S tier hands down. Rev your chainsaw, instantly hit a wall and go fast without the need for acceleration. He would win nearly every loop with no window.

Although yes, he does need some buffs, he needs to be treated VERY carefully. One buff and he could be insanely strong, even though it seems minor on paper.

• USELESS
    USELESS Member Posts: 1,151

Bubba is a "early game" killer. You almost can't play and win with him on high ranks. Also there are worst killers than he, like nurse and clown.

• oh_0k
    oh_0k Member Posts: 712

I would have it kinda like oni demon strike. You don't have to charge it all the way to instadown but you go farther and faster the longer you charge it

• Tisfine
    Tisfine Member Posts: 148

Base Bubba is fine, Literally all they need to do is fix his add ons. It doesn't even work ffs or at least its not noticeable.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    edited December 2019

Having him move as fast or faster than survivors while revving would be broken as hell. An idea I had was to let him barrel through pallets with his chainsaw and keep going, or he gets a small speed boost (Like 2%) while moving with his chainsaw everytime he bonks into a wall or breaks a pallet, and the speed resets when he downs someone with it (Maybe a token system too, a max of 4 tokens at base, and can increase the number of tokens with addons.)

• ShadowRain
    ShadowRain Member Posts: 607

Just make it so he can use his chainsaw even without fully powering it up but not as fast movement speed

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

I think we should remove his tantrum when he hits a wall since it's rarely helpful at all and make his tantrum into an ability.

His ability takes 120 seconds to charge, but successfully using your chainsaw on a survivor automatically charges his ability. Once charged, he can use Tantrum for 60 seconds by pressing the active ability button.

Tantrum allows LF to destroy pallets without cancelling his chainsaw swing. Vaults can now be destroyed by his chainsaw, but it stops his chainsaw swing, and it uses some of his Tantrum duration.

His overall movement speed while charging and during the chainsaw swing is moderately increased while LF is in Tantrum.

• kate_main
    kate_main Member Posts: 178

as long as he can still get looped; he will remain in the same tier.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

Less slowdown while reving his chainsaw. That's all he need for now, ket's see how that works out.

• Kagari_Leha
    Kagari_Leha Member Posts: 555

to me Bubba is fine, but just like Doc, Wraith and Clown he is very add-on dependant

so maybe just change his add-on and give him a slight buff (and personal too, it's so weird to have 2 killers with the same add-ons)