New Disconnection Penalty Idea:

Options
Seiko300
Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862

I was recently watching a podcast with some very well known DBD content creators, Fog Whisperers, like Paulie Esther, Not Otzdarva, The King, Monto, etc. I'll provide the link here: 

(The Section I'm discussing begins at 24:28)

https://youtu.be/cHZslbVfmuY?t=1469

And very interesting idea which I was just hearing about for the first time on this podcast was brought up, which was a bloodpoint penalty for players who disconnect. Either to replace the ban system, or maybe on top of the ban system to provide even more incentive not to DC players are stuck with a bloodpoint penalty. 

Which means for a set amount of time, you will not earn any bloodpoints from your matches, or maybe even you lose bloodpoints and they are subtracted from your total in the menu like 30k, 50k, or even 150k bloodpoints. Another idea was to take the bloodpoints a player earned in a trial before disconnecting and give them to the opposing side (or the remaining players in the trial I think would also work). The rationale being if you're disconnecting to avoid defeat you're still conceding those bloodpoints to them so it's not a total waste of time or loss of bloodpoints for those people anymore when you DC. 

Either way, hitting people where it hurts, their money (technically in game currency, but it's the same principle). I know for much of the community who plays DBD regularly, we are addicted (a nicer word is very much invested) in bloodpoints and earning them as quickly as possible and as much as possible. That's why the devs do double bloodpoint weekends as an event, people appreciate a reduction in the grind. 

I think for the people who disconnect regularly and scoff at the notion of a ban system and are ready and willing to shrug off their bans like it's nothing without learning, this is something those people will get wide eyed at. Personally I love this idea and I'm really hoping the devs hear about it even though they're on break right now, I hope it's something they can visit when they get back.

New Disconnection Penalty Idea: 11 votes

Yes, this is a great idea and I would like to see any (or all) of the three implemented
9%
Seiko300 1 vote
I like the idea, but I prefer the penalty of not earning bloodpoints
0%
I like the idea, but I prefer the penalty of subtracting bloodpoints from your total
9%
TapeKnot 1 vote
I like the idea, but I prefer the penalty of giving bloodpoints to the opposing side / remaining players
9%
EnderloganYT 1 vote
I think the ban system by itself is sufficient to combat the issue of disconnecting
27%
SebaOutbreakinferjusbubbasbasementchest 3 votes
I do not like this idea
45%
BossMister_xDInnCognitoMrsGhostface[Deleted User] 5 votes

Comments

• inferjus
    inferjus Member Posts: 479
    Options
    I think the ban system by itself is sufficient to combat the issue of disconnecting

The game is too grindy for BP penalty and too buggy for disconnect bans. Game should be fixed in the first place so you do not meet with bugs that force you to disconnect and should not have any BP penalties since this game is so grindy.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    Options
    Yes, this is a great idea and I would like to see any (or all) of the three implemented

Valid point, though I think they are working on fixing the issues of people suffering disconnection penalties when they really were forced out of the game because it crashed or because the task stopped responding, or they were experiencing an infinite loading screen.

I don't think such a feature shouldn't be considered just because of some bugs or system issues that are likely to be patched out in the near future.

• InnCognito
    InnCognito Member Posts: 718
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I do not like this idea

This is going to be the "Game breaker" for disconnects. The player poll should read "Why do you disconnect as a player".

I generally take it ONLY when I am the last person remaining or the last 2 people remaining. I try to be a nice player and ALLOW my team mate to ESCAPE if I am the one about to be hooked. MY REASON for this is;

BECAUSE i know more than likely that the killer WILL have BBQ and CHILI. If I am HOOKED, that means the killer now sees my team mate's AURA. SWF or not. I take one for the team. Staff and players (mainly killers) see this as NEGATIVE behavior. I call this an act of RESPECT to the other person.

Part II.

If I am the last remaining survivor and the hatch closes. I KNOW I have zero chance at escape. The doors are too close, the killer sees the red lights, the buzzers and the clock is too short to attempt to mind game the killer, and rather than just run around for 2 minutes. I'd rather just DC and move on with my life. To me this game is "whos line is it anyway" where the points are made up and nothing really matters. I play to play. everything else is just "noise" in the background. The killer gets their DC points, they get their FREE win,. They got what they wanted. and I didn't spend my life, WASTING my time trying to get out.

Part III.

If the killer wants to be a reasonable KILLER and play the game. We can do that. If the killer wants a FREE win. I am MORE than happy to give it to them and just MOVE on to the next match. Really, I literally do NOT care about BPs and shards at this point in time.

Fixing generators can be fun. So is leading the killer on chases, it can be FUN. Maybe picking up some items here or there. FUN. A killer that sees where I am hiding, is NOT fun. (radar perks). I bought this game when it was about HIDING, and when there are equal matches that are "hide n go seek" I have fun. When there are games that are about ONLY chases. It seams BORING. I can go KOBE the hook and find another MATCH where a killer actually just wants to play the game.

To me, the DC is about MATCH SURFING. What do I as the player want from the game? Answer: The game the way it was, but no longer always is. The fond memories of buying this game on year ONE. Sometimes a person gets Year-ONE quality matches, other times it doesn't. I shouldn't have to play a game where the killer SPAWNS infront of ME. and I shouldn't have to play matches where the killer ALWAYS sees where I am at 60% of the time, and hatch stand-offs were THRILLING.

I get it.... We cant always have what we want ;-)

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options
    I do not like this idea

the ban system they just tested is great imo.

they just need to polish it a little so players who crash wont get penalities and we're fine