I met a hacker who can walk through walls and is invincible.

Yixuan
Yixuan Member Posts: 19
edited December 2019 in General Discussions

I was playing clown to get my daily done, and I got auto haven, the gas Haven map. It was normal, except the survivors were really bad. After I downed my first survivor, I went and checked on my ruin. I saw a pink jacket claudette on it, and I tried to toss a bottle to stop her, but she broke it first and just run through the gas without anything being triggered, and I thought, hmm, strange, and then she proceeds to walk through the walls of the 4 lane tile I was at. And then I thought to myself, either she is hacking or dedicated server really is ######### ######### up and my internet lag is doing something funny. But then, every time I see her, she just seems to disappear out of nowhere, like she is at a cover at the edge of the map and yet she was nowhere to be found. I see stratch marks at the gate and do not know what to do. And when I got all the other survivors, I see this claudette doing a gen in front of my face, and by this point, I am sure of it that she is hacking cause i have seen her going through walls and my swing just cant land on her. She was invincible on the gen. Bottles, swings, even attempts to grab all failed. And in the end game chat, she called me a wall hacker for checking on gens and my totems and seeing people from far away. She was rank 9 and ran classic claudette perks. I reported her for cheating and tried to get her steam id, but then my computer started running at 2 fps and my dbd froze completely. Before I exited out of it the dude already had a vac ban on his account. I think the devs can get this data out of me, it was the claudette in my clown game and she was no.1 points scorer. I dont remember the full name. Please ban her, I dont want dbd to be full of hackers just like all the other games i have played...

Post edited by Yixuan on

Comments

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

Reporting her in the post-game screen was the right thing to do, but in order to back up a report for something serious like hacking, and actually get the player in question punished, you would probably need to submit additional video evidence (that is, a recording of the gameplay demonstrating her violation of the rules). You can do so through a support ticket (https://support.deadbydaylight.com).

Sharing her name, or even part of it, on the forums won't do anything towards getting her banned, and is actually in violation of forum rules, so I would advise you to edit that part out of your post.

You can find more information about bannable offences and the correct procedures for reporting them here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19450/game-rules-and-report-system#latest

• Yixuan

The second I opened up the profile and looked up the player's stats, I tried to get the profile id. But my dumb brain forgot to screenshot anything the when I tried to get back to it, my pc suddenly jams up to 2 fps and my dbd froze...I swear this is not an excuse, it is what happened. And the player is no doubt cheating as she was invincible and my 900 hours in dbd is enough of an experience to tell laggyness from literally hacks. All I want is the devs to look into that player and try to monitor them. I wish I tried to do something there, but I just didn't cause my I am not prepared to do so at the moment.

• Yixuan

I know...its not enough, but its something.

• Yixuan

I am trying my best here, I am hella mad that i lost the game cause of her while the whole team was green and yellow ranks and I was gonna win easily.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

There's still hope, I forgot to report someone using the in-game report system for clipping through loops, so I submitted a ticket and amazingly, that same person sent me a message saying they got banned.

It just depends on how much proof you had, and in my case, I submitted video evidence. 😁

• Yixuan

She did think I was wallhacking and that might have been why she was being so blatant... just saying.

• Yixuan

It's so funny when hacker think your hacking therefore his/her hacks are justified...

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Like @Fibijean previously said, you can go to support.deadbydaylight.com and file a ticket. This is how you get someone banned if they violate in-game rules, and for future reference, the forums can't ban people who violate in-game rules (I would remove the name before a moderator sees your post).

In case you missed Fibi's comment, you can read it here. She goes more in-depth about the process you can take to report a hacker:

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

I understand your frustration, but you don't need to be worried about your computer crashing as far as punishing the hacker goes. The other player's Steam ID is not required (or even requested) when submitting a report. Refer to the post I linked in my comment above for details on the correct way to go about reporting someone and what kind of evidence is needed.

• Yixuan

But I dont even know the person's in game name and I got nothing to pin that person down.

• Yixuan

I guess if I dont know the full name, I will remove the part of the name then...