Survivors, do you help killers with their challenges?

For example, if a killer needs 5 bear trap captures and downs you then motions for you to step on them till its done, will you do it? As killer I sometimes do this for the really bs challenges but of course let them escape if its end game or let them off until I find them again if theres some 3 gens left

Comments

• S_Panda
    S_Panda Member Posts: 539

I haven't as they usually do em in a 'toxic' way. Prime example is facecamp wraith doing their noed challenge. facecamped till down to 2 players then stared at the 2 from nearby while they finished the final gen then slugged until both were down then opened a gate to get it. When I noticed how they were playing it (I had spinechill up the entire time we were on the gen together), I decided I'd make it as hard as possible. thankfully me hiding from bbq then moving away led me to the hatch which I promptly escaped through.

The other reason is none feel like helping me do decisive light >_>

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122

If a killer lets me make progress (finishing a gen, unhook, etc.) and shows me he needs a challenge like that, sure. I do the same if its an equally frustrating challenge. If I'm feeling especially nice ill even let him hook me so he doesnt depip.

• silverwolf4455
    silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 496

I have, I also kinda farm when I'm destroying a team. I figure ok, they aren't the greatest let's chill and play a little. Did it with pig and got all 4 to boop the snoot.

• S_Panda

I haven't gotten to the point where I get people to boop my snoot yet ><

• Haku
    Haku Member Posts: 614

Yes. I did help a trapper for his traps and a Ghost face for his grabs. But they never help for our challenges... I can't do my stuns. They all respect the pallets. I don't know what I am supposed to do

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Sure, if they message me or invite me to a party (I'm on Xbox). I'll just farm with them first and get the challenge done. I like when people ask.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

Depends - if he hasn't been a tunneling, camping prick all game, sure. If he killed everyone else then tries to make nice so I step in his traps or do whatever, I am far less likely to cooperate as well since he's just going to kill me anyway.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Yes. Some of these challenges are badly designed, so I'll help.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,361

Recently had a game as plague with a survivor who named themselves "4 stun challenge". I myself still needed to get 2 grabs, so when the game was over and this guys teammates were all dead and he was on the ground... I hit a nearby gen afew times and nodded to him. He let me get my grabs, I let him get his stuns and we went ahead and found hatch together. As far as the trapper challenge, last trapper who tried farming THAT challenge...was actually secretly farming the 4 basement kills challenge. I noped out of there before he could get me, lol.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,905

Yes if they ask for it. Always happy to help a fellow player if I can.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    edited December 2019

Yeah why not? Those challenges are difficult so I understand if they want to farm for the challenge :)

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688

Depends. The trapper challenges are easy to spot, as the killer will motion to the traps and yes, I have no problem helping. Other times, when I just suspect the killer is doing a challenge, I may or may not help, depending on what the killer is doing. Like, tunneling the same person over and over to get them to the basement or because they are the obsession. I get they want the challenge done, but just screwing the same person over and over is not fair.

I remember, I think it was the first tome, when the challenge was to hook 2 people in the basement. I saw the killer, a Myers, trying to get from one side of the map to the other and basement and failing because it was too far. He hooked only 1 person and needed 1 more, so I found him and made him come after me, then I went to the basement and pointed at the hook. He hooked me and then when I was unhooked, he let me live and sent me a pm thanking me.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

If it's a master challenge, I'm happy to let them get the challenge, but I don't usually farm. I just deliberately put myself in dangerous positions. Particularly if they seem to be trying to get EGC sacrifices or Six Feet Under, since I know those ones are hard to get. I've had a couple of killers who I allowed to kill me for those challenges that said something to the effect of "Thank you so much, you have no idea how long I've been trying to do that" in post-game chat, which always makes me feel like my sacrifice was worth it.

• Tokkern
    Tokkern Member Posts: 74

You don't actually need to save survivor for that challenge. I blinded the killer while be was picking survivor up and it still counts.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

Yeah, I did exactly that for a trapper before and he let us escape.

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882

Yes. I'll happily accept to lend a helping hand out.

• TheCoolDBDGamer
    TheCoolDBDGamer Member Posts: 92

Yes. I'll happily accept to lend a helping hand out.

Even if it is the sacrifice 4 survivors in the basement challenge.

• Nope, and I don't expect anyone to do it for me whenever I'm playing as Killer.

It defeats the whole point to "help" someone with the challenges. It's not much of a challenge at that point, is it?

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,089

Sure, I dont have any problem to do so. He can even sacrifice me in the Basement, if he helps me to get a Blackpip at least. I will not help if someone is pretending to farm, just to get his Basement Hooks. But if someone farms and wants his Basement Hooks afterwards, sure, go for it.

Even tho, I think when I can do it, others will probably also be able to do it, so just try.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

Yes, as long as they were being a good sport. It’s not going to ruin my life if I help out the killer, especially since I’ve had killers let me blind them or pallet stun them for my challenges.

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303

I've never seen it. But I'm on ps4.

• T2K
    T2K Member Posts: 635

When I had the trap challenge on haddonfield I had a really easy game. As 2 survs were left the meg wanted to help me with my challenge even though I had it already. So I let her farm and gave her the hatch.

I would honestly do the same as survivor although it takes away the challenge aspect. But there are really toxic killer players out there so I wont help anymore as surv. I had 2 matches where the killer made it clear that he wants so farm. And suddenly he went full @%#&!# and went for the easy 4k.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

Yes they do!

In my experience at least.

I farmed 1 challenge, and they knew exactly what i wanted, so they helped.

• S_Panda
    edited December 2019

Yeah but at red ranks most killers look around for flashlights and chase you away before even attempting to pick up. Then your other choice is waiting next to 1 of 3 hooks hoping they choose yours :P

Next time I do attempt it I'll be throwing on calm spirit. Infectious Fright becomes such a crutch /s :P

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,311

I have both helped and been helped. A trapper just gathered his traps in a big pile and 3/4 survivors came over and stepped in them for a while. Afterwards some people blinded him a bit, others got to stun him as well as general farming (2 hooks each and all that)

Did something similar for the trapper challenge myself because why not, and people did the same.

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288
    edited December 2019

I'm generally against farming challenges: where's the accomplishment in that? Why the urgency, as well? Tomes will stay forever.

That's the same for the achievements - last time a noob Leatherface messaged me and my team mates asking us if he could chainsaw us 100 times. They let him do it, but I really don't understand the rationale in that, why can't you simply play the game? Eventually you will get it.

That's basically cheating in a single-player game; I can understand that if you are really young (I mean, < 16 y.o.) some challenges / levels / games can result too difficult, and some little form of cheating can help you overcome that part of the game, but is this the case?

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

I've had both survivors and killers help me with challenges and I've helped both sides with challenges.

One I cannot get is Six Feet Under because survivors will run as far away from the basement or DC if they are too close.

• brocktree
    brocktree Member Posts: 37

If I notice a killer actively trying to farm or do challenges I will often work with them and step on traps and such

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

No I hate farming games..so boring and I don't need blood points.

Also can you call it a challenge if there was none?

I play for fun and to get better. Challenges are secondary to that.