I swear I'm going to uninstall if this is not fixed soon

Options

Comments

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793
    Options

They’re aware of this issue, they already said they’ll work on it after their holiday vacations.

There are literally dozens of almost identical threads about this now, why make another way? Your situation is not any more dire or unique than another.

• Cosmin262
    Cosmin262 Member Posts: 117
    Options
  • Tr0g
    Tr0g Member Posts: 241
    Options

With a 6-rank hard limit (assuming the best ranked survivor) queue times, for survivors, would explode.

Also 6 ranks is too wide anyway. Rank 11 vs rank 5 can be a big difference..

• johnmwarner
    Options

They didn’t lie, the matchmaking is bugged, and they have said they will get to it free winter break.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328
    edited December 2019
    Options

You played Nurse, your loss was already written on stone lol

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

I would agree if such a problem wasn't so consistent.

• Jacksansyboy
    Jacksansyboy Member Posts: 174
    Options

Just don't play nurse. If you are fighting good survivors, a bad nurse is the worst killer in the game. I could 5 gen chase a bad nurse very easily, because you don't need pallets, and nurse doesn't get a big advantage out of bloodlust. If the survivor knows what they are doing, and the nurse isn't good enough to catch them in 3 or 4 blinks, then it's going to be way too long before the nurse catches up.

As bad as it is, this is the matchmaking right now, and it's going to be a few weeks to a few months before it gets fixed. Every match is going to be like this, so play a character that doesn't care about rank and skill as much.

Complaining on the forums does nothing though, the devs don't take stock in what is said here, they already know the problem, and said they were planning on fixing it, and if you don't want criticism, you'd be better off not posting.

• Mileki13
    Mileki13 Member Posts: 3
    Options

Listen its not just the fact they were nurse. I was watching a streamer who i believe was red rank 3 and they dominated a pig.

End game screen so pi was with 14 or 12 i cant remember facing 3 red and a purple. I. What universe is that remotely even fair to the killer. I legitimately felt bad

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798
    Options

Its not like threatening to uninstall would make anybody sweat more.

tho the matchmaking is bad and I can agree it needs a fix asap

• RandomHyperBeast
    RandomHyperBeast Member Posts: 35
    Options

Om my ######### god this happens to me every game. I'm rank 12 killer and keep on going against low purple/ high red ranks and they abuse there power. Occasionally I get one low rank who did nothing, dcd and then they all talk trash

• Morfedel
    Morfedel Member Posts: 230
    Options

Several hours is frustrating, but in the end its just hour, not days or weeks. I think you're overreacting

• TheEversong
    TheEversong Member Posts: 25
    Options

I'm only a rank 13 killer myself, use to play a lot of survivor which helped me understand their mind set a bit more. Not saying get good but playing both sides helps you understand things to win as either side. Could try that to help your odds?

• Leobolics
    Leobolics Member Posts: 28
    Options

You take your own mediocre lost noob this is a serious problem

• Tronicus
    Tronicus Member Posts: 19
    Options

If you really think that you can't win just because your rank is a certain color, then you lost before it ever began.

• Wubsyy__
    Wubsyy__ Member Posts: 116
    Options

Do it u wont

• Kagari_Leha
    Kagari_Leha Member Posts: 555
    Options

well, sadly, matchmaking is infamously broken since the new rank reset and the change in the swf matchmaking

so i guess dont play nurse for now

• MeneLaw
    MeneLaw Member Posts: 341
    Options

Is this bait post?

• Tokkern
    Tokkern Member Posts: 74
    Options

They are on vacation. Wait few days. Don't sweat it. Try to improve and don't care much.

• Mikebrix
    Mikebrix Member Posts: 14
    Options

Yeah, I don't run Nurses calling, you probably tunnel and camp, while the rest of the team finishes of gens. Get a better strategy. Survivors that get tunneled always seem to DC, and as a survivor I'm constantly blocking or taking a hit because sweaty killers won't even chase me until I'm injured

• SlimyTaco
    SlimyTaco Member Posts: 133
    Options

You are doing nothing but trying to aggrivate people and divert attention from the actual topic, how about staying ON topic.

• TheDiz
    TheDiz Member Posts: 243
    Options

I'm usually float around ranks 10 and 11 as killer because I don't really go try hard and usually just 2 hook or do daily's. But I can tell when someone is red ranks and usually kill them as they are usually kinda toxic. I'm guessing the 2 red ranks were SWF which made it worse because just being red ranks isn't that big of a deal with killers typically having the advantage. I have noticed that if I don't bring ruin gens are done really fast against obvious SWF teams? Like ridiculous fast so ruin is almost a must and both the red ranks brought small game otherwise the match would have been different and this would never be posted to begin with, lol.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

"How can you expect to get good at the game if you're only comfortable vs-ing green ranks?"

It's more like "being comfortable vs-ing players you are intended to be matched up against instead of people out of your league."

• TooKoolFoU
    TooKoolFoU Member Posts: 378
    Options

Aside from people arguing with you because you played nurse and used meta, i agree with you. The matchmaking with ranking is #########. I rarely play swf anymore and when i do, its just my really Good friend and no one else. I hate as a solo player when im matched with a lot of low ranks and they literally ruin the game for me. They get me killed because they don't know what working together means. Its also really annoying when i play killer and I'm stomping a bunch of potatoes. Im always in purple ranks as survivor/killer because i dont play enough to get to red ranks. So i stay around rank 5-6. Also doing some challenges hold me back from ranking up. I also can't stand people being carried to rank 1 by their friends and constant hatch escapes because they urban evaded the entire time. I hate seeing rank 1s who are just as bad as the rank 15s.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    Options

Nurse with meta perks and some quality add ons? I think this is just the day by day case of “git gud”.

• AlphaFlash
    AlphaFlash Member Posts: 3
    Options

is that why so many people can’t reach red ranks after hours of play? I call bullshit

• Scytere
    Scytere Member Posts: 123
    Options

Bye.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,099
    Options

Take a break if this is bothering you. See you in a couple of hrs if not a day.

• Aceonfire
    Aceonfire Member Posts: 304
    Options

That moment when someone says save the trash-talk, then immediately proceeds to trash talk.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,626
    Options

If I were a newer player I would be upset too.

@Shenochek tough it out man. My first game was against a team of Claudette's with flashlights while I was playing Wraith. I was a baby Rank 20 and I got spammed with hatemail because I killed the one lower ranked player. You gotta tough it out, this should be fixed when the Devs come back to the office, until then, don't take the game too seriously.

• Sylorknag
    Sylorknag Member Posts: 760
    Options

Lol has a working matchmaking

DotA has a working matchmaking

Jesus, even sports have different brackets dividing teams by skill level.

Only entitled pandered dickheads (by the devs) surv mains would claim a 9 skill level gap is ok.

Imagine a CHALLENEGER player in Lol stomping some bronzes and telling them to get gud.

But I guess is ok. According to devs, only survivors are supposed to have fun.

• Monika
    Monika Member Posts: 113
    Options

I know a very, very simple solution to this. As killer, and this applies to everyone who mains killer, (i do this myself being a killer main). You CAN tell when someone is knew, someone is weak, someone can't run, loop, mind game, or know the maps well. Those are your low ranks, give them a fun chace, don't use red rank skills to merc a rank 19 in a 15 second chase, pretend you mess up here and there give them a feel of the game, hit them then run. Still obviously hook them, but you know leave them down on the ground a time or two, give them some second chances

And when you can tell it's a higher rank, be a high rank killer give him your chases, down him, hook him just like if you were playing a 4 man red rank team.

Do that, and you will decrease the amount of DC's, and frankly you'll enjoy the matches a lot more as you're not ending certain chases within seconds and you're still getting satisfaction in chasing the higher ranks.

Now this doesn't fix the issue, but as a community of people we're capable of actually making the game enjoyable for everyone. Even survs should do this to obviously low ranked killers. "Mess up" a mind game here and there, let em hit you hook you, so on so forth. If you feel like being real nice let him get you as a final hook so he gets a kill or two if he hadn't gotten any already.

• C0ntr0113d1nf3rn0
    Options

Honestly, this is all counter-productive to the point.

While there are many compelling arguments to the point, unfortunately most are either hidden behind the "git gud" excuse or looked at by OP as such.

What needs to be addressed is that, regardless if they fix how ranks are match made, ultimately it still won't matter because it will still happen so that friends with different ranks may play together.

I hate to say it, but OP needs to understand that most of what ails them can't really be changed.

• Dirtypaws20
    Dirtypaws20 Member Posts: 6
    Options

I mean, I just started a PC account yesterday (I've been on ps4 for a year), and the first killer I faced was a rank 15 leather face with a maxed out BP and with over 1k hours in the game. It was my first game so theres no way the algorithm could calculate my skill and place me with that. On ps4 I go against red rank killers as a rank 11 survivor but get rank 3-7 survivors as a rank 12 killer.

What I'm getting at is that matchmaking does just seem broken rn. In every rank for both killers and survivors. It's making it difficult to get my account started up.

• ppo8820
    ppo8820 Member Posts: 763
    Options

It’s been awful lately. Not just the ranking system, but the lobby wait times and overall toxic way the killers are playing.

I chalk it up to a lot of stupid teens being off school for holidays and pushing their angst into the game. It’s never been this bad.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100
    Options

Wait.. so the New Years Skins didn't fix your problem? Weird. That usually works.

• johnmwarner
    Options

LOL I used to being this up, then all the brilliant minds in here remind me separate teams fix bugs and one does cosmetics.

Seemingly the cosmetic team had triple the members though

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987
    Options

Same, once I hit green ranks I find myself going against red ranks. Makes no sense, so I’m just avoiding killer until they fix matchmaking.

• Investigator
    Investigator Member Posts: 15
    Options

People who don't understand what the thread is talking about:

People who get too heated about the people above:

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

Oh no what will we ever do without you

• johnmwarner
    Options

He opened himself up to aggressive reports just from his title, threatening to quit the game if he didn’t get his way.

• thenegativone
    thenegativone Member Posts: 254
    Options

Bye bye

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

Not a PC player but this "end game chat" can't you turn that off? On Xbox there is no such chat and I can disable messages function meaning I will never get a single toxic message from anyone. Switch to console and that problem is gone. The DC part well they need to start handing out bans that hurt to solve that problem.