Are people really enyoing playing killer at higher ranks ?

Options
Nibla02
Nibla02 Member Posts: 163
edited December 2019 in General Discussions

It just feels so damn frustrating playing killers at higher ranks atm Gen rushing, some loops being way to strong, bodyblocking, insta blind with flash lights SWF and much more. I would love to know why the devs makes such slow and small changes every patch instead of fixing the issues. It's almost just 3 perks that get changed every patch even tho there is so many of them that are underpreforming and that includes survivor perks. Do they not see how games go in higher ranks or do they not play the game. The only frustrating thing with survivor is getting camped or tunneld. Nothing else while there is a ton of other things that needs to get addresed for killers. Iam getting real tired of it. I dont want to play the best killers to always kill them all. All i want is for every killer to be good and fix the annoying things in this game but the changes are so slow that it might aswell take 3 years for half of it to be changed. For how long will example Plague, Legion and leatherface be terrible. My guess is a very long time since the doctor some how has a higher priority and even that will make him better to play vs as a survivor which means another buff to them. Alot of people are saying that que times for survivors take a really long time. There has to be a reason for that right ? Maybe because killers are unfun to play atm and things needs to get quicker. Since i saw one from the devs plays or atleast knows what league is why can't you just make a patch every 3 week. maybe not 2 weeks since you are a smaller team but that can't be an excuse forever. It should take 1 and a halv month just to get some small balance changes and then a ton of bug fixes.

Keep the test server up at all times or something to make changes regularly not just once in a while. You know a ton of the problems yet you blame it on time and changing whole perks. I dont know much about how hard coding is but since this is your job and you work hard. How come that there is little to no changes in 1,5 months just bug fixes, thats all the patches are starting to become.

Edit: I forgot to notice that challenges. The final ones, escape one time with Claudette, trap 6 people is aton harder than escaping once but ok i let it go. Heal 5 health states (not in a single trial) hmm way to easy to be the final challenge. kill all 4 survivors in the basement in one trial. How is this even fair.

Comments

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433
    Options

really challenging games,survivors are really hard to juggle at times.I'd say i win 80% of my games and i don't play spirit or nurse,i play m1 killers,and oni.I'm able to stay at rank 1 but it's better for games to be challenging than easy.I don't stress bout gen speed,i don't know why others do tho,stressing about a game means it just isn't a game anymore(IMO)

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,679
    Options

I been enjoying killer a lot. Recently I've been playing Freddy with beast of prey, distressing, franklins, and BBQ for quick games, quick bloodpoints and quick rift progress.

Freddy is really good so it's not like he need ruin either and I've been doing quite well without it. I've had quite a few games where only one gen has been done and other games where gens were done really quick but in those cases I didn't really apply pressure all that well so I can't complain.

I love playing killer, even if it's a curbstomp. I love really getting into a difficult game, I feel my heart a pumping and I just have a big smile the whole time. I do have to take breaks now and then as I do get stressed if I play for too long but a quick meme game or two fixes it right up and I'm good to go again.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,098
    Options

I'm rank 1 or 2 and enjoy it for the most part. My goal is always to be the best I can be. That doesn't mean I don't get tilted at stuff that is blatantly broken or unbalanced. To this day I remain baffled as to how most of these maps got approved. They don't even pass a cursory sniff test for balance if you assume 4 survivors know how to play optimally. It's not really a problem unique to DbD though. Every other asymmetrical horror game falls into the same trap balance-wise: if the survivors play optimally, they'll win every time (looks at the double Medic pipe bomb meta in Last Year). But most of the time survivors don't play at peak capability, at least not all 4. I won games yesterday with Leatherface, a game with Clown using Fire Up and Bloodwarden that didn't get to endgame, Trapper, you get the point. It takes a looong time to develop skills to play at a consistently high level with every killer at red ranks though. I have 1200 hours and I'm still a baby compared to a lot of the vets I run into. I still have games where I get beaten to a pulp. You just have to go in with the understanding that survivors can bring a million second chances between the 4 of them on top of nearly halving their objective speed with toolboxes if they choose to. Oh, and comms. It's not balanced. Not in the slightest. But again, most survivors aren't that good.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

Other than the bugs it's all fine and dandy.

Most of the time I feel I can play anything and still have a chance. The key to not being tilted to oblivion as killer is accepting you're not gonna 3 or 4k every time. That's not how the game is supposed to go, and sometimes you WILL get outplayed (by the survivors, by BHVR or both).

Survivors do get outplayed by BHVR sometimes too, especially since dedicated servers, so it's not a killer exclusive problem.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,297
    Options

Personally I'm having fun and I tend to do fine on average (aka I stay in red ranks). Some games I get steamrolled but I'm personally not after definitive consistency, I get what I want out of matches and enjoy it.

Then again my playstyle and goals are pretty "casual" compared to many, I just want to do chases and get better at them more than anything else. Feel free to ignore my post because I'm not someone who never falls out of rank 1-2 in particular or that """only""" go against cracked SWFs with 20 000 hours combined between eachother 😄

And bodyblocking and SWF isn't going anywhere, both intended and endorsed parts of the game. Instablinds also don't exist anymore unless several survivors flashlight you at the same time, and at that point they could be doing something more productive with their time 🙂

• Quol
    Quol Member Posts: 694
    Options

Yea i enjoy it, it can be difficult sometimes but the feeling of slowly gaining control of the game and getting the 4k is worth it. Going survivor isnt bad when i want something casual and chill.

• Ranster
    Ranster Member Posts: 7
    Options

Personally, I enjoy red ranks as both killer and survivor. For me it provides a good challenge and prevents to game from getting too stale with all the different ways survivors try to juke and mind game. I'll be honest, red rank killer is stressful and incredibly challenging having to juggle all 4 survivors but it just comes down to practice. Red rank survivor is much more difficult to me because I'm not the best looper in the world nor am I super strategic with my movements but I try to stay as efficient as possible by making sure I'm always on a Gen or something else productive. This might be seen as Gen rushing but I also get chests, totems, and saves so I'm not only doing generators. For survivors I typically run a hook save build with kindred, BT, we'll make it, and a random one for fun. As killer I typically run ruin, BBQ, and whatever else. If I'm not using ruin I'm using devour hope because I know ruin gets old and I like the variety. This is just my personal experience with both sides with my own set of perks, which I know most are meta but if it works it works. I'm not gonna complain about a perk if I use it too. You may think whatever you like but I think red rank killer is easier then survivor from my personal experience. I also think red rank killer is much more fun because catching those tbagging flashlight spamming d-bags is amazing. I don't camp but I definitely don't let them do the same thing twice and get a few escape. You wanted my attention, well, you've got it. Put on a good show.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

I like games that are more relaxed, when I don't have to be a sweaty tryhard all the time... and I only find that at purple or lower.

• xJOELx209
    xJOELx209 Member Posts: 22
    Options

Sometimes it’s fun but not all the times because of certain maps or cocky SWF groups

• Skittlesthehusky
    Skittlesthehusky Member Posts: 662
    Options

honestly? i'm not quite sure due to how challenging playing against survivors have gotten recently.

perhaps im just not that good of a killer. owo''

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328
    Options

I used to enjoy it playing many different killers. Oni, Nurse, Billy, Huntress, Wraith

Now nurse is dead and unfun, oni gets looped like everyone else, Wraith has to many bugs and got shadownerfed, Huntress got nerfed more by to many tress added on maps (besides the fact she is very difficult to play and her slow movement makes it impossible to pressure large maps).

Now I play only billy. He is the only killer who is fun and strong at the same time. I could pick Freddy and spirit aswell... But Spirit is unfun for me and it's not satisfying to down survivors. Doesn't really feel skillful imo. And Freddy is dropping to many FPS for me, so I haven't even bought it for that reason.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328
    Options

The key is to accept that you ain't picking wraith, clown or any low tier killers. Even if you like them and actually enjoy their powers. At red ranks you don't. Just don't. That's the only way to have some kind of fun against the sweatiest survivors. But even then, it's still very stressful and can be very tilting if you get BHVRed by bugs, map rng, dedicated severs and lose the match.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

i am enjoying it there.

imo lower ranks are just eigther too easy or very very sweaty. rarely something inbetween, sadly.

the only thing i hate in high ranks would be the very obvious SWF groups that tryhard to win - cause these are no fun to face - or they screw up so hard that you get a free win (overaltruism usually kills them, if anything)

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,826
    Options

When I get a 3-4k yes. When I get a 0k regardless of how well I played, no. In conclusion, I don't love it more than I hate it.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

I normally enjoy it.

• adsads123123123123
    adsads123123123123 Member Posts: 1,021
    Options

I only like red rank when I am playing op stuff because red ranked survivors are the most cocky and stomping them feels good. Otherwise, I prefer purple ranks.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    Options

Only when playing Nurse, because I can influence the outcome of the match with her quite consistently (if bugs or dedicated servers won't ######### me up). Survivors have reached the point in their looping skills, where pallets and windows are just so much in their favour, that I personally simply can't keep up with it.

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828
    Options

I try practicing nurse and get harassed if even one escapes.. like get off my dick. No one is impressed you escaped on Ormond vs low perk Nurse

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117
    Options

Its not more frustrating then playing survivor in high ranks (thus now with this cool matchmaking i even know that Green rank killers are playing cheap, so no point in de-ranking).

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Define "higher" ranks.

• TheCrookedMan
    TheCrookedMan Member Posts: 282
    Options

The lack of high rank killers should be a good indicator already. It's a miserable experience.

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899
    Options

Noone enjoys it, that's why there are virtually no red rank killers left at least on ps4. Everyone gets sick of the abuse, I think I'm rank 6 right now but from rank 9 and on all I've been playing against is red ranks.

• LOA
    LOA Member Posts: 235
    Options

Survivors at the highest rank have it much easier than Killers at the highest rank, this isn't even really a debate if you have spent a month or 3 in the red ranks at either side. But this game is not focused on the higher ranks, it is much more focused on the casual player. If they wanted an elite group of players, they would have made a competitive league or mode and a casual mode. They are trying their best to muddy up the high ranks with the new rank reset system, allowing weaker survivors to make into the red ranks so killers can have more success, but even that won't work. You don't have to be the greatest solo survivor to survive a SWF.

• Jacksansyboy
    Jacksansyboy Member Posts: 174
    Options

I play both sides, and I'm currntly rank 3 on both, although 1 pip away from 2 on survivor. I have a ton of fun as killer, and i don't main any one killer, although I'm best with Hag. Pig and trapper are a ton of fun for me, and 6 traps in 1 game is normal, so the rift challenge was actually super easy. I suppose that it all depends. Of course a 4 man SWF playing to win will be quite difficult, but i enjoy it, and i try to never play toxic. I've finally reached the point where winning doesn't matter to me as much, but of course I'll still try to win. I basically play for the sake of fun, mine and the survivors. I won't tunnel, i don't camp, and if someone gets cucked by another survivor, the person that's cucking is going to die. I play by the golden rule, and know what I'm doing since i play both sides, and it does pay off, because some survivors appreciate it, even if they die, and even if I'm facing a sweaty try hard team, i don't get a whole lot of hatemail since i play fairly.

I have fun, the survivors have fun, and even through it all, i don't care about losing, sometimes it happens. But not often...

• Zerog
    Zerog Member Posts: 27
    Options

Im currently rank 1 killer and yeah i enjoy most of my games, sure there will be the occasional sweaty ass swf that stick to gens like glue but most times games are enjoyable outside of it, my tips are simply to recognize good survivors cant be killed on strong map tiles, so your best bet is to get people on the hook and punish greedy plays, dont let them get away with healing on the hook, dont chase survivors for longer than a minute, early on stablish what gens you are going to work on defending, check your surroundings after downing or hooking someone, hope your matches improve!

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options
  • Nibla02
    Nibla02 Member Posts: 163
    Options

Yeah but what can i do if i get blood lodge and all they do is run to the infinite that they will never fix. Hate that map and it feels like BHVR has put that map on my account as 100% play rate XD

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936
    Options

For the most part, yes. Ranks don't mean anything, the only unenjoyable thing is sweaty swf.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768
    Options

I kinda enjoy it. I'm a masochist tho.

• xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx
    xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx Member Posts: 441
    Options

It was fun to play at high ranks with pre-nerf nurse but im still having fun with the anti-heal Wraith strat.

• Perelie
    Perelie Member Posts: 433
    Options

It'd awful and unrewarding. You derank if you don't have a perfect match and get fewer points than survivors who have an easier time.

• MAV
    MAV Member Posts: 52
    Options

From what I've seen, the killers that do crappy at red ranks, are the killers that play like they're going against brown - purple ranks.. if you're getting looped swallow your pride and keep gen pressure, that's key.. if you tunnel to get someone down you're going to get wrecked..

• Monika
    Monika Member Posts: 113
    Options

I do actually enjoy it a lot. Granted it can be frustratingly bad at times and that comes with competitive games. But I rarely have the feeling of "I can't even come close to having a chance"

I've recently began playing every killer except for a select few (bubba, nurse, and clown just cause I don't enjoy them)

But I enjoy the difficulty

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    Options

Are there killers in red ranks? I haven't seen any. I waited hours in matchmaking and all I eventually get matched up with (when I'm all but dead inside) is green.

• LustForBP
    LustForBP Member Posts: 611
    Options

Nope. I’m literally trying to de-rank in a legitimate fashion because of red ranks.

I was new to playing Freddy last night. Played on Autohaven, gen-rushed, body blocked, strong loopers. I finally got one guy at EGC thanks to NoED. Tried to camp around his hook, NoED gets destroyed, gates open, all 3 survivors alive come and body block me from protecting hook, even when I swiped the guy body blocking another did it, bam. All escaped. They proceed to sit in the gateway t bagging. Game ends, all rank 1-2 and I’m a rank 6.

Incoming messages: “ezzzzz” “trashhhhhh” “hook camper” “ur trasshhhhhhh get good”

Its far too easy to rank up in this game which makes most matches unfair. Red survivors can be skill-less and red killers can be mediocre. I ranked up as a killer through having fun and rarely sweating, now I play against the sweats lol

• goat10em
    goat10em Member Posts: 749
    Options

I do enjoy playing killer still but as always the result of the game comes down to the survivors you get. Good survivors means a ######### experience for the killer. Bad survivors means good experience as killer. The fact that there are so many bad survivors at rank 1 is sort of mind blowing. It's also the reason this game will never be balanced. If they made killers that could take out the best survivors then everyone else in the game would have a miserable time.

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303
    Options

It's just not fun. It's not balanced around the SWF teams that are much stronger. Once you hit about rank 11, it's nothing but try hard SWF teams, and the more you rank up, the worse it gets. I play on ps4, and sWF's makes you literally not want to play killer, and just go to survivor because it's simply THAT much easier. That's a BIG problem that there not really addressing, and surv mains come on here and scream that the game is just fine, or that killers are still too strong.

• Leobolics
    Leobolics Member Posts: 28
    Options

I'm playing with the trapper with a noed build with blood warden and remember me, the toxic SWF start getting crazy in the exit gate lmao