Survivor with 144 hours says game is killer sided XD

Options
scorpio
scorpio Member Posts: 354
edited December 2019 in General Discussions

Played a match on some farm map with Spirit (the one with the weird horn thing in the middle that has an infinite loop, ugh) and got 2 kills and a black pip. In the post game chat, one of the people I killed says I tunneled them. I'm super confused because I didn't tunnel anyone. I chased everyone just about equally except maybe the Dwight (this person was a Meg). They berated me, then said the game is KILLER SIDED. I check their profile - 144 hours in the game lmao. I just needed to share the luls because this was one of the most ridiculous conversations I've ever had in post game chat, and that is saying a lot.

I told them I'd post so here it is. So what do you think guys? Is the game more survivor sided or killer sided? Personally I think it is in its best state ever but at higher ranks it is 100% still more favorable to survivors. Killers capitalize on mistakes and if survivors are super optimal and don't make any, the killer cannot do anything about it even if they play perfect.

https://imgur.com/a/rp5kGfb

Comments

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

I assume you meant to say he thought the game was killer sided.

Also, I hope you reported him, because the way he talked to you (specifically some of the words he used) is actually bannable.

As for your actual question, I think that's not really something that anyone can make a fair judgement on unless they play both sides equally. Not being one such person, I don't really feel qualified to comment.

• TheRoyalOwl
    TheRoyalOwl Member Posts: 749
    Options

The game is survivor sided it's just that most survivors aren't that great. Even in red ranks most the survivors don't actually know what they are doing. I mean when I first got to red ranks as survivor, I wasnt even really any good, I just played a lot.

The ranking system is pretty crap at determining skill level, so a lot of crappy survivors that shouldn't be at red ranks will be there, simply because they play more than an average player.

• scorpio
    edited December 2019
    Options

Damn yes that's what I meant, thank you! Fixed it. I play both sides pretty evenly. I'm a low rank survivor and high rank killer so I basically get the crap end of both sticks lol but to me it definitely feels like survivors keep getting better and better but killers have hit a ceiling. Some games you simply cannot win as killer. Survivors can ALWAYS win a fair/legit/normal match. Not sure how to phrase that. Hell even unfair matches (Insidious basement camping/tunneling/etc.) 2-3 survivors can definitely escape even if 1 is heavily targeted.

• scorpio
    edited December 2019
    Options

That's what I meant, my initial post was backwards. He thinks the game is killer favored (that's the wording I should have used for clarity) and I agree with you 100%.

• Xerge
    Xerge Member Posts: 928
    edited December 2019
    Options

I think It's survivor sided basically due to the bad map design; the god loops, the cow loops, the big maps, the very long and safe loops like the ones in Ormond. Also perks that give you second chances; decisive strike, dead hard, adrenaline, unbreakable.

I pretty much play both sides equally, maybe more as survivor; I am currently a rank 2 survivor (solo survivor, I don't play SWF) and a rank 5 killer, so I know all the issues killers have to deal with from both perspectives.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
    Options

I think it's survivor sided at high ranks, killer sided at lower. Considering how many people play casually, and how many people I know personally who have quit because it's miserable to start as a survivor, it seems that for most people playing the game, it is killer sided. It would be interesting to know the stats on people who play and have played this game. How many survivors quit because it was just too frustrating to stick with it?

• Runcore
    Runcore Member Posts: 328
    Options

Game is definitely surv sided.

• PapiQuentin_
    PapiQuentin_ Member Posts: 889
    Options

The game is neither survivor sided or killer sided.

Both sides can bring unfair ######### that makes the game feel like it's [survivor or killer] sided.

There are moris, keys and various other things that can be used to make the game toxic and unfair for both sides.

I hate Spirit and hope she gets nerfed too but the manner he spoke to you in was completely unacceptable.

• scorpio
    Options

I agree about it being killer sided at low, and survivor sided at high ranks. This was a red rank game but the player was like rank 9 or something, and only had 144 hours, so it was just funny they were trying to school me on this game (I have 1300+ hours). At the rank we were playing with his whole team being red rank AND it being on a terrible farm map, that match was survivor sided for sure.

• scorpio
    edited December 2019
    Options

Yeah but I didn't have a mori and they didn't have a key. I'm not talking about patently OP things like moris or keys. I don't think anything else is super OP at this point (they nerfed instaheals and Nurse recently which were definitely two of the most OP things in this game, though personally with how few people seem to play Nurse now they may have gone too far with her but I don't play her so I don't know) besides those two things, and if neither side has them, then the game is survivor sided.

Spirit already got nerfed. She is perfectly fine as she is and definitely doesn't need another nerf. If you need help versing her, watch some YouTube videos or something. The last thing we need is more killers getting nerfed in this game. She's already one of the only viable killers at high ranks as it is.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,123
    Options

Sadly you will find survivors with +1k hours say the same things.

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009
    Options

You should block out the player's name, this is name and shaming. Also the whole conversation is basically two people being immature, including yourself. I understand firing back though as I did that against a triggered Nurse player when I told her GG when she got a 1K after trying to be nice and patient with her but it kept getting saltier. It can be hard to stay cool when dealing with people triggered to that point.

It's funny how some players try to make it out the game is survivor sided when even the stats support otherwise. Surely you haven't been playing for years or else you know that Survivors use to be rather OP and have been severely toned down. Those sweaty 4 Man SWF are still stronger than a Killer, but that's like 2% of the matches. Otherwise, you got some OP Killers, some balanced ones, and some UP ones. Be cool if people would stop trying to cry one side or the other is absurdly broken just cause they get their butts beat on occasion.

And the bias is easily shown when you quickly get defensive in regards to the Spirit's power level. Her nerf was a tickle overall, but it luckily that scared off many players who only played her cause she was OP cause typically the player base is over dramatic and think any slight nerf is a gutting. True gut nerfs would be Legion and Sabotage. Personally I mainly wanted to see Prayer Beads go down, so I'm a lot happier with her currently. That was such a "I win" add on that it should of been nerfed a long time ago.

TLDR, anyone claiming "Survivor sided" is just as immature and wrong as the Survivor being named and shamed in this thread.

• The_Second_Coming
    The_Second_Coming Member Posts: 1,110
    Options

Even AngryPug, with over 7000 hours, says it's killer sided. It's a survivor thing, not a baby survivor thing.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

It's situational. You, being a killer main, would like others to believe it's a survivor sided game so the game can get easier for you. I think it's pretty balanced aside from maps and low tier killers. Not to mention keys and moris.

• The_Second_Coming
    Options

I'm actually a survivor main. 2500 hours in game, 80-90% of that in survivor.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Options

Quite a common thing on PS4 as well.

• The_Second_Coming
    Options

Believe what you like, bud. I wouldn't be the first one to be a survivor main, actually play killer (and not say it without doing it) and actually figure out what is truly wrong with DBD.

• inferjus
    inferjus Member Posts: 479
    Options

I think game is survivor sided (and the higher the ranks, the worse for killers it is). That does not mean killer can not play in toxic way, because they can. Tho, it can be heavily punished by Decisive Strike, Borrowed Time and other meta perks.

• ppo8820
    ppo8820 Member Posts: 763
    Options

It seems that way if all you play is survivor. I’m a survivor main and this week decided to go killer. Well, it’s a chore and survivors piss me off. I never play toxic with my group and had no idea survivors were this assholish.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117
    Options

Hes just right. The game is killer sided. There is no way to deny that.

• Colton147
    Colton147 Member Posts: 523
    Options

Can be both sided really.

Higher ranks, it can be killer sided if solo (survivor if with friends).

Lower ranks, it is mostly killer sided if solo (about even if with friends)

However, it depends on the map.

Indoor maps (Hawkins, Lery's, Game) heavily favors killer, while outdoor (more particularly Coldwind, unless you're Billy or Huntress, and Haddonfield) heavily favors survivors.

It is more map-sided

Both sides can be equally toxic; I am on neither side and am on my own side.

• PapiQuentin_
    PapiQuentin_ Member Posts: 889
    Options

The game is balanced as is. Survivors have been nerfed tenfold compared to killers however I will admit some killer nerfs were unreasonable and should be reverted. Survivors got what they deserved. No way is the game survivor sided anymore or if it is then it's really minimal.

Spirit is purely a coin flip, she completely removes the basis of a PvP environment which is to put both players' skill to the test. But she doesn't take skill to verse, just luck. I know that her hair stands up, I know that her animation resets, I know all of the animations that change. The problem is how she gets loads of information of the survivor's whereabouts but survivors don't get any information of her whereabouts...

• EntityDrudge
    EntityDrudge Member Posts: 184
    Options

I don't think 144 hours is a little bit of anyone's time. 1k hours and im questioning how healthy your lifestyle is. After 100 hours of this game I'd say you know enough. That being said, it is survivor sided. But killer is better for it.

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940
    Options

PS4 Swf but with Sony party chat comms is rife.

Reaching killer purple or green ranks will get you red ranked survivors usually with an swf (so on comms).

Playing red ranked survivor I've only come across two or three red ranked killers but they either camped or were exceptional players.

Until the frequent swf on comms are balanced they'll always be the power role

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,676
    Options

For 90%+ of the player-base, I would agree. The game is very killer sided. In the 2 years or so I've been playing this has only increased. It's only when all 4 survivors really know what they are doing and play optimally that the balance shifts towards survivors. The vast majority of survivors don't play optimally though. For what it's worth, I include myself in that group. I think it's much easier to play killer than survivor.

• jzinsky
    jzinsky Member Posts: 112
    Options

Haven't we figured this out yet? It IS killer sided, if you're a survivor. And it's survivor sided if you're a killer

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

Personally I think the game is in fact killer sided "if":

- we're considering a 3+k a win for the killer.

- we're going by solo standards.

- the matchmaking doesn't mess up.

- AND taking ALL MEANINGFUL RANKS (red/purple/green) into consideration.

4 solo survivors will easily lose "more often than not". In fact sometimes a new/inexperienced killer can even win against a bunch solo survivors even if one of the solos is a strong survivor.

It takes 1-2 potato teammate(s) to throw the game for anyone else afterall.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987
    Options

I’m a killer main who will say it’s definitely not survivor in general, but SWF sided. Solo survivors go through hell.