Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Oni Tips

So I just bought the Oni pack on xbox, and wow, he is a tough killer to control. My first 3 matches with him have ended up with me being purely frustrated from the simple fact, I can't seem to get the hang of him. His demon dash is tough to control especially when trying to turn. Hitting survivors I have to get super lucky I even hit close. Anyone got tips for mastering him? Perk recommendations too since right now, I don't know what would be good for him

Comments

• last0ne
    last0ne Member Posts: 88

You'll get use to his turning over time it's part of his learning curve an perks I'd recommend are ruin,nemesis, an play with your food, an for the 4th perk you can pretty much run whatever perk you want like bbq for bloodpoints

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

I was thinking about using some Myers perks. I'll keep practicing with the turning, and hopefully I'll master it. Thanks :)

• yandere777
    yandere777 Member Posts: 728

After a while you will realize just how ######### his power is. missing feels horrible due to how long that animation is and how little you can turn. I thought the same thing of possibly sticking through it all but god damn does he feel so awful to use. He is honestly a fun concept and design but he is just so damn unrewarding to use that I regret loving the guy. Damn now I know how legion mains feel

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

I was verging on either Oni or Legion, and I though, meh, why not. I wish I could go back 5 hours and slap myself for it. Plus side: Yui, so at least some part of the DLC is getting use! But you're right on his power. I thought I was just bad at first, but after more attempts it's so damn hard to even try hit a survivor, especially when it stun locks at a wall

• yandere777
    yandere777 Member Posts: 728

Or when his lunge goes 5 inches forward and lands right behind the survivor, thats just the worse feeling ever when you know you timed everything perfectly and outplayed them but you missed because oni didn't feel like hitting em

• MegHead_97
    MegHead_97 Member Posts: 12

I also play on Xbox and bought the oni last week and at first it was hard not going to lie but once you get the hang of him he's pretty decent. I personally use ruin, monitor and abuse, infectious fright and barbecue and chili that works for me also I play at rank 1.

• TheMonadoBoi
    TheMonadoBoi Member Posts: 346

Try watching how Monto plays him, he's a very good Oni.

Now, I've never played on console but it's crazy hard to get any value out of his dash hit so don't abuse it and try to use it as means to get from A to B instead.

And good luck haha.

• TheEdMaverick
    TheEdMaverick Member Posts: 101

I personally use Ruin, Infection frightness, Sloppy butcher & BBQ.

Basically don't use your dash to get down people right away, use it when you can use a little mindgame or the perfect chance. Also I have seen that you can turn 90° but its so weird and just happened to me once and Idk know I did that (remember that while on demon dash you control your head and your body) so I guess there's the trick.

Ruin=gives you enough time to down at least 2 survivors and put gen pressure.

IF=gives you the information if survivors are near to optimize your power.

Sloppy b=they need to heal up wich requires time and sloppy increases it and they dropped even more blood orbs than normal, AND if they heal up you can stack 40% of your power bar. If they do gens, well, just m1 them.

BBQ= fits perfectly for you to use your power to go and down people while making map pressure, also the extra bp its just amazing.

I personally dont collect blood in the first chase when I hitted a survivor, only if they start to vault or dropping pallets, just to fill your power 60% to do a m1 to get the 100% or just farm the blood if they are enough (I dont to this one). For me I just m1 one the first survivor, hook him, absorb the closest bloods and go for other survivor, hit him, fill my power, down him and use my blood fury with BBQ.

level 50 with oni on xbox

His best add ons for me its increasing the duration of blood fury>increase the dropped orbs from injured survivors>decrease the animation speed to dash>movement speed while absorbing

Hope this help, mates:)

• TheEdMaverick
    TheEdMaverick Member Posts: 101

aaaand I dont use his demon dash to get a 100% chance to hit, its better to stop dashing and just charge your demon strike (your arms starts to glow red) you down them.

Use demon dash when you can do a little mindgame when they think they're safe or if they environment its perfect to hit (like the corridors from the stranger thinks map) and if they are also at bad position. Use it to travel obviously...

If you are close like 8 m just use demons trike and thats it, dont need to dash.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

I find it ironic how the Devs were like "we actually do care about Consoles" then they literally release a killer with crazy awkward control for controller. It's just one more thing to be annoyed about.