Dead by daylight balance team

Do Dead By Daylight have balance team ? Do they comunicate ?

Comments

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

As somebody once told me, the have hired 6-7 people for balancing the game and bug fixing, and 20 people in skin design.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Devs watch out people are starting to notice the game imbalance! Better make some more cosmetics to throw them off the trail ;)

• Souless
    Souless Member Posts: 47

Well meaby for some skins will work i play here 5 days and i ask myself question if balance team exists. Its not even imalance between survivors and killers just how they design it. Why they even create separate characters if u can trade skills between them this is some madness. chose best weapon skill best move speed and 4 best skills in game 2-3 killers are ok rest u can just forget they exists. Having unique characters and making them trully unique is some basic knowledge about designing game. When they allowed trade all the skills that uniqness was taken from them and a lot of broken combos was created when was leading to nerfing that OP combos and in the end making a lot of characters useless cuz if they didint work with that skillsets they were nerfed without reason and leave to die. Why ? is there anyone who can answer that ?

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Only killers matter. No one plays dbd so they can play as Laurie or Tapp, they play dbd to face reverse bear traps and Meyers.

• Kenidur
    Kenidur Member Posts: 156

By not communicating, by going by the raw numbers and nothing more, it would show they have no idea how to balance the game. Numbers can be scewed easily when the game isn't balanced to begin with.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

Yes, and yes. They generally communicate through the Community Managers, but sometimes they come on the forums or are featured on streams - for example, two of the live balance designers were the stars of the most recent livestream a few weeks ago.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I personelly think the game is pretty ok-ish balanced right now

People need to realise that wanting perfect balance in an asymetrical game with tons of variables is a fool's errand