DARKER LIGHTING

Gyuki
Gyuki Member Posts: 18

Hello. I have one question for developers. Will you change lighting in the game? Also I would like to see your opinions guys. What do you think about current lighting in the game? In my opinion, game doesn't look very scary. In the past lighting was darker and game seemed spookier. Now it's boring. I miss those times.

Comments

• HarryToeknuckles
    HarryToeknuckles Member Posts: 158

I'm guessing it was changed because of killers complaining it was too hard to find survivors.

• podkall
    podkall Member Posts: 109

I think it also has to do alot with moonlight offerings being removed I don't even know why they removed them... too strong? too weak? like they could just change the rarity if it's one of the reasons

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

As long as maps aren’t as dark as the current Yamaoka maps. Some spots are so dark that Claudette is literally invisible. I have to rely on her breathing to find her.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,089

Its not because they were too strong or too weak, but it is too much work to create and balance a Lightning for every Map with every Moonlight-Offering.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

I watched some beta footage, and the lighting was beautiful — The game definitely had atmosphere then because it had everything for a horror game.

Now, the lighting is just, "Meh" so I was thinking for survivors, make their cosmetics brighter and bring the beta lighting back for both roles.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I think smaller the map (100x100m dropped to 70x70m), and make the world darker would be more fun.

Easier to find and chase survivor, but also easy to lose track while chasing

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

I think brightness and amount of fig should be randomised and altered by the fog offerings.