The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Thinking of buying game on PS4

I’ve been watching this game on twitch and it looks really fun. Is it still populated enough on PS4 to get games?

thanks guys.

Comments

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

I play on PS4. I have little issue with queue times. Longest i have waited is 7 min as survivor. Killer is like 30 seconds.

• kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651

Plenty of players, I have rarely seen the same person twice.

• iBetClaudette
    iBetClaudette Member Posts: 299

Other than the occasional lag, it's a good time on the PS4. I've been playing for two years now.

• Razovar
    Razovar Member Posts: 16

Aww that sounds good, would I be ok just starting off as a brand new player or is it only hardcore players left?

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940

PS4 has long wait times if you are survivor, seems to be good this x2 blood week

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688

I play on PS4 and there are plenty of players. Starting now, might be a bit confusing at first, because there are a lot of characters, both survivors and killers, lots of perks, add-ons, items and there are the archives too, but after a few days, it should be easier. The core mechanics are simple enough to understand.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

The population is good for this game.

One point to make is killer queues when you first start can be long while survivor ones are quicker.

This reverses as you rank up.

There is a bug in the matchmaking which they are going to look into upon returning from the holiday break 😉.

It's good time to jump in if it's a game you like the look of as right now there is a double blood point event on till the 6th so you can level up characters a lot faster atm.

Last point is don't care about killing or dying to start with as it can be hard as a new player. Enjoy the ride and scares while you are new and learn the maps and mechanics.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

I play on PS4 and it is a great time. Rarely do I see the same people. Come to the fog.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

I as well play on the PS4 there's plenty of players

Good times

Join the PS4 fog

• KillerIdeas
    KillerIdeas Member Posts: 53

well, if you want to play the game on a controller, definetly yes. but the game is also great if you want long qeue times.

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303

Don't expect to be good and win. It takes a lot of time to get there, especially with killer. You need to grind to get the perks that actually help you, and there's not a lot of really good ones, but a butt ton of crappy ones. Lol. It's definitely a grindy game, so if that's not your cup of tea, I would pass. If you don't mind the grind, and can get past the toxic players though, it's not too bad.

• Razovar
    Razovar Member Posts: 16

Sounds great thanks guys.

I understand the basics of the game, I’m going to pick it up today and play tonight.

any tips for a complete beginner?

• bilaueta
    bilaueta Member Posts: 341

Definetly buy it

But I must warn you that you might take a long time to find a killer match as a new acount. You could also get ranked against very skilled killers as a survivor but its ok

You should buy it in a few weeks because the devs will be back into action from their holidays and solve the issues I told you before

Have fun in the fog!

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303

Go on YouTube and watch, watch, study, study, watch, and study some more. Look up tru3 talent. He's pretty decent and good at explaining things. That's how I got good and really learned the game.

• bilaueta
    bilaueta Member Posts: 341

If a survivor starts looping you for a long time leave him alone and go for another player that is not as skilled. You will get that other guy eventually as you kill the rest

As a killer you should start leveling up hag for ruin teachable and as survivor start with either claudette, meg or david since they got very usefull perks for a new player (dead hard, sprint burst, self-care)