SuRvIvOr BiAs....just a little bit

For a long time I have rolled my eyes when someone said the devs are biased to survivors, yes the game is in favor of the survivors if they know what theyre doing but theres a different between a gameplay choice and being biased. Why would they spend so much time and money creating killers and acquiring licenses, making lore and all this ######### if they secretly hate killers....but this update.

I DONT want to jump the gun and call it early before even really seeing what it does in action but my god. Ruin

This version of the perk has many benefits: 

• Survivors who are working on generators are unaffected as the perk no longer affects Skill Checks. 
  • Killers must be active in pushing Survivors off generators to get value from it. 
  • It is less useful in the early game, but very useful in the late game. Survivors now have a more interesting choice about when it is necessary to find and cleanse the Hex Totem

Now again I dont like to call it early but how would Hex ruin be stronger in the late game? Theres only one totem good in late game and its the one that doesn't show up until the end, otherwise itll just be cleansed. So ignoring that the two benefits are that survivors have it easier and killers have it harder. And the balance for this is making it so you can score higher on the gatekeeper emblem since without ruin they'll be done incredibly fast anyway.....behavior I love you but what lol

On top of that is the doctor, the changes interest me less than the reason given for them. he was "Annoying" I barely ever even see doctors and I know for a fact most others (At least on xbox) dont either because his biggest strength is the fact most people forget or dont know how his shock works. The actual update may or may not actually end up benefitting him, I dont think his actual static field is really that strong (making it even weirder they would think the need to rework it) and if the static pulse is stronger then maybe it will be good.....but it also means it would only work on hiding survivors who will know not to try to hide near a doctor. Of course this matters very little in the grand scheme of things because doctors already one of the weakest killers, its another legion situation where its almost kind of funny, whats next a clown nerf?

SILVER LINING

Survivor games are going to be even easier since dumb teammates wont waste time looking for a totem that barely does anything.

Because they keep nerfing weak killers there hasn't been time to nerf the good ones

Games are going to be over so quick fast that if you get into one you dont like you only have to wait a few minutes.

Gatekeeper emblem is easier so adapt achievements will be a little less frustrating

I love this game but I wish they would have looked at WHY so many killers use ruin. Its not because its an OP perk its because gens can be done at the speed of light....also you can push through it. They mentioned new players not being able to handle it but also specifically mention red ranks. Also what about new killers not being able to handle DH or Borrowed time or DS or better yet flashlights. New survivors cant use them, new killers cant avoid them. But an experienced killer can, just like an experienced survivor can just ignore ruin. I can rant about this forever but I guess we just have to wait and see lol

Comments

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,413

I'm conflicted. The changes to ruin seem good, but like you said, the devs aren't addressing WHY it's used so often. I would ask what the devs were thinking, but I'm not convinced they even were thinking. I'll hold my tongue until I see the ptb, but I'm not convinced any of the changes they're making are for the better.

• Unless they give it some defense, like it doesn't show as lit or something, I don't see why I would ever take it. Survivors in middle to high ranks have all the spawns memorized, they break your totem in the first minute about 75% of the time.

If it wasn't lit at least they would have to break all the totems to get rid of it, or luck into it, and it would be harder to pick out. It might actually make it to the late game then, and if it was too strong or too weak all they would have to do is change it's numbers from then on, which would be way easier....

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

eh I'm not complaining hopefully it gets buffed from its ptb then pretty much the beta test for perks

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 2,010

Lol.

Survivor perks have been slaughtered on a regular basis, killers finally get the #1 crutch in the game ("It's not a crutch because we ~NEED~ it) nerfed and the meltdowns begin en masse. Beautiful.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Now again I dont like to call it early but how would Hex ruin be stronger in the late game?

Probably because you have less gens to patrol and force survivors off so it gets more value (from technical view point, but from practical it may be less)

• Science_Guy

Is this serious.

Mettle of Man.

Balanced Landing.

Self-Care wasn't hit much further back either.

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,413

Ahh I forgot about mom. That's fair, but BL wasn't gutted btw. It's still the exact same perk you just can't abuse it any more. Self care still gives a free health state so it's hardly been trashed. Seriously, though. If you aren't noticing this trend, you should look for it. First nurse, then spirit, now ruin. If you really think this will make people want to play killer, you are sorely mistaken. I'm not looking forward to doubling my queue time as survivor.

• VoodooChild
    VoodooChild Member Posts: 319

I dont think the same person who makes it very clear they only play one side gives a ######### about the reasoning lol

Also in addition to less people playing killer I think 2 things will happen, more survivors will be able to consistently get gens done before the killer can get any kills and more killers are going to start face camping and tunneling. Especially tunneling, that's going to be the new norm because why let someone go when youre on such a strict time limit? That's the worst part about the game catering to survivors, it leads to a worst experience as a survivor unless youre running a whole toxic SWF because the easier the game is for you the more likely the killer is going to be an #########

I wonder why this game is so toxic.....

• Science_Guy

And that's the heart of the issue, isn't?

Whenever a Survivor perk is nerfed, it's because it's unbalanced, overused, problematic, etc. Ruin is all of those things.

But whenever a killer or one of their perks is it, it's an outrage, devs are catering to survivors, it's okay for killers to have stupidly strong perks because "gens too fast!!!".

Yeah, all of MoM, Self-Care, and BL needed a nerf. So did Ruin, whether or not this particular change is good or not.

• VoodooChild

Really because I play more survivor than killer and you know what ruin does? Jack #########. The only time ruin is super strong is when everyone stops to look for it (Had about a month that when I was only paired with low ranks, mostly hatch games) otherwise it slows the game down JUST A LITTLE BIT until its destroyed. Its normally destroyed while im working on a gen, imagine that

Now im not saying youre bad, I dont even know you, but it would seem to me that if youre so dead set on survivor being hard and ruin being "Stupidly strong" you should play a little more killer. Not just so you can get bullied but so you get better at survivor, if youre running around looking for ruin instead of pushing through it.....it doesn't actually matter because is getting nerfed lol. SO you dont have to play killer or adapt or any of that you can just play survivor and win every game youre not camped on the hook

Why is this game so toxic again?

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704

Easy counter to that.

3 gens maybe 4 poo within a few minutes, if you're lucky as killer it takes longer than 5 minutes.

So that's about 1 gen left.

Now as killer you simply won't hace any survivors dead in 5 minutes.

Cause search them, hit them 2 times (3 if they use the new insta heals), pick them up, walk to a hook and then hook them.

And than do that a couple of more times.

So there are 4 survivors left and 1 gen and say the new ruin is still up.

1 survivor will keep the kier busy and the other 3 rush the last gen.

Even if the killer go for the gen with the 3 survivors on it, he has to kick it to regress it and waisting his time doing that.

So the 3 are far away by then and working on a new gen.

He say guess the right gen they went to, you still have the solo one who tried to keep the killer busy.

He now just go and finish the gen the killer just kicked.

And by that i would say gg and game over for killer.

Now i played both sides at rank one for so long.

Decided last week to take a break from dbd and I'm glad i did tho when i saw this today

• Science_Guy

A. No asked/cares what sides you play. Believe it or not, playing both sides doesn't make you unbiased.

B. I never said I couldn't handle Ruin, IDK how you managed to read that from anything I said.

C. Regardless, it doesn't matter that "good" Survivors can handle Ruin without a problem (except that it makes it even more ridiculous to claim killers are too weak without it). The bottom line is that most survivors can't, all the way up to Red ranks. When a single perk gives you a massive advantage over the majority of the player base, yes, it's stupidly strong.

• skoopydoo
    skoopydoo Member Posts: 24

If it's run 80% of the time, it's clearly OP.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
  • supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,515

Bbq is run more then ruin so we need bbq nerfed clearly.

• Dennis_van_eijk

I know.

I didn't or tried to attack you or anything.

I just gave an example of how easy that is to counter.

I know the devs think of it the same way as you described.

They just didn't think it trough tbh, they hardly ever do actually.

They don't look at numbers that matter, they only look at what THEY suck at or don't like.

• Dennis_van_eijk

I agree they should make it so that survivor who are atleast 1km away from the hook to be highlighted by bbq 😬😜

• VoodooChild

Yeah if its up lol. I mean honestly its so useless that likely no one will bother looking for it but I dont know about yall but I dont have to look for totems most of the time. Honestly the more I think about it the shittier I realize it is, like actually useless unless youre on brown ranks because unless theres only 1 person why would the gen ever regress? The killer can only chase one person at a time so good survivors are just going to break up and go back to the gen when the other is being chased, and if there is only one person why does it matter if its regressing?

I think they know what theyre doing unless youre in a meme build why run a perk that would be ######### if it WASNT a totem that could be destroyed? I think they wanted to just erase it from the game because if they didn't they would have balanced it. Instead now people can run things like Pop or maybe Corrupt intervention that ARE less annoying to play against. Also less useful for general slow down obviously but theres always tunneling and slugging, everyone's favorite "Strats"

• Dennis_van_eijk

Tbh i think the devs should get their heads out of their asses and start looking more at both sides.

They look to much at 1 pov while the game has multiple pov.

Vut maybe this is a change to be needed to open up their eyes.

Cause i predict there are going to be even more survivors than killers after this and thus way longer waiting times as survivor.

Killers that are still there will have more options to skipp lobbies they don't like cause they have games in no time compared to survivors

• Stanley12363
    Stanley12363 Member Posts: 34

Dude do you play killer? I can tell you that ruin is not stupidly strong. I and plenty other people can hit ruin even on console with the 10 fps skillchecks. You know this problem does not only effect killers right? Dbd is a "casual" game but now killers are going to have to sweat via by tunneling, camping, play mostly strong killers, etc. I play both sides and I could see a decent amount of killers switching to survivor and the ques times goes up. Its already 5 minutes for me to q as a solo red surv. This was not a healthy change for the game.

• VoodooChild

I cant hit the great skill checks on ruin and I still dont have a problem with it, I got a problem with dumb teammates who refuse to do the gens while ruin is up but that's about it. I have to worry no more lol

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

I stopped playing alot of killer, got rank 1 by just playing again though this month but I am generally playing survivor (always red ranks) because it's more fun for me

To me, Ruin isnt an issue, I maybe miss 1 or 2 checks and that if im not paying attention, but if the killer isnt running it, I know the game is effectively over assuming the others are competent. The amount of % you get from consistent great checks is actually nuts and if I or one of the others are being chased and know what they are doing/got good map RNG, the game will fly by.

Most Killers don't have strong map pressure and on the bigger maps its made worse, Behavior axed the perk that helps with this instead of addressing the why.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

Killer biased thread. WOW.

• VoodooChild

Or maybe the change is just stupid and makes a core problem of the game worse.

But nah if its in defense of killers its def biased against survivors. If people have a problem with anything related to survivors its clear theyre just biased killer mains

• Thanatos_x
    Thanatos_x Member Posts: 201

Corrupt is probably going to officially take the place of Ruin now as it's going to be easier to patrol gens for the first 2 minutes and hopefully get some momentum before you've got nothing, but it's better than running Ruin doesn't even do anything for the first 2 minutes now, let alone at all If survivors are working on gens. And now that Ruin doesn't affect their inability to hit great skill checks, then nobody is gonna be running around looking for the totem. If it doesn't get cleansed right away, which is like 40% of the time

• Infckingcredible
    Infckingcredible Member Posts: 145

They nerfed it already ;) But as long as it still rewards the double bloodpoints it would be totally fine

• Lucama
    Lucama Member Posts: 461
  • ImLeslieKetamine
    ImLeslieKetamine Member Posts: 119

Mettle of Man was completely busted.

Balanced got nerfed because of how busted Haddonfield is.

Bring a Medkit, easy.

• JackaloMoss
    JackaloMoss Member Posts: 27

Why do you think queue times for survivor are way more than 10x queue times for killer?

• VoodooChild

That's the thing I dont get about self care, why not just bring a med kit? Its limited but so are the amount of times youre going to need to heal yourself.

toxic is as toxic does ig

• Leon13Davis
    Leon13Davis Member Posts: 1

We should just go on strike. If they're not going to balance the game, then leave.

• Stealth
    Stealth Member Posts: 123

It's a 4v1. Getting hit with 4 broken perks is a lot worse than getting hit with 1.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

You realize that post is a year old, right?