If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Fullmoon

Options
Rattman
Rattman Member Posts: 1,088
edited August 2018 in Lore

There is something in common for most maps in the game. Well, for all of them, except for Gideon meat plant and red forest.
Its always fullmoon. In red forest its always raining, and clouds all over the sky. In Gideon meat plant we just can't see sky. Moon couldn't be seen near exit gates aswell.
For all other maps I made screenshots, so you can see for yourself. I'd like to thank @greenzebra64 for helping me in KYF with these screenshots.

Backwater swamp

Pale Rose

Grim Pantry

Autoheven Wreckers

Gas Heaven

Wrecker's yard

Blood Lodge

Azarov's Resting Place

Wretched Shop

Macmillan Estate

Ironworks of Misery

Groaning Storehouse

Coal tower

Suffocation pit

Shelter woods

Coldwind farm

The Thompson house

Rancid abbatoir

Fractured cowshed

Torment Creek

Rotten fields

Léry’s Memorial Institute

Haddonfield

Crotus Prenn Asylum

Disturbed ward

Father Campbell's Chapel

Springwood

At first I thought that maybe shape of Moon could be changed with offerings, which adjust brightness. But, looks like that's wrong. I tested with only one of these offerings tho:

What does it all mean and how this could be explained?
I got some theories:
1) Entity changed locations from real world, while creating locations in her realm with her will and desires.
2) (Very unlikely) Every important event in lore, which related to killers, was at fullmoon. I.e.: Trapper's mass murder, Hillbilly's escape e.t.c. After this, Entity was summoned and location in her realm was created.
3) What exactly crescent is? Its visible part of Moon, which isn't hidden with the Earth's shadow. Maybe its all related to idea, that trials actually happening in different realm, where concept of "Planet Earth" isn't even exist?
4) Devs were to lazy and did a pretty good job again.

Well... what do you guys think about it anyway?

Post edited by Rattman on

Comments

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    Options

I'm pretty sure a full moon does represent the allowance of "magical" works to be bounded.

If you are really into spirituality, a full moon is really important. I'm also sure in a lot of cultures where spells are very common, spells and witchwork often require the harvest of natural power, and a full moon offers such.

Sounds childish, but this would mean that The Entity's Realm has to be bound to the moon somehow to allow the realms to be created.

I can't get that much into The Nexus and all that though, I'll have a headache.

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
    Options
    "As the moon rises the wolves howl. Signaling the beginning of the hunt" 
    Let that sink in for a second. 
  • DJDSDSTORT
    DJDSDSTORT Member Posts: 6
    Options
    The dark side of the moon is just the part of the moon that isn't touched by sunlight
  • No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476
    Options

I think it may have just been a design choice by the devs. If we’re going down the lore route, though—the Entity’s realm is just that: the ENTITY’S realm. It replicates the realities it has ensnared into its realms to suit its needs—sometimes, thing seem odd or out of place because the Entity simply does not comprehend or remember certain aspects of our reality. It’s likely the Entity just makes full moons for the sake of Survivors being able to see, and on maps without them, there are other excuses (except Red Forest; my best guess would be that it is suspended in some kind of dawn/twilight, but given the nature of the Entity’s realm, that’s highly unlikely).

Also, the label for “Léry’s Memorial Institute” is in Cyrillic. You should probably edit that to avoid confusion.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,785
    edited August 2018
    Options

I think the reason is more practical: the full moon is the best moment for the hunt because you can see better your prey.

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088
    Options

Also, the label for “Léry’s Memorial Institute” is in Cyrillic. You should probably edit that to avoid confusion.

Thx, forgot about this one.
  • CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862
    Options

its bloodbornes final boss all over againg

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

@Detective_Jonathan said:
    "As the moon rises the wolves howl. Signaling the beginning of the hunt" 
    Let that sink in for a second. 

Noice