The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Killers, are you staying?

Fellow Killer Players, are you staying with the recent Hex: Ruin changes?

I feel like playing Killer is a chore these days, and the recent rank reset rework doesn't help the case that I am literally trapped in Red Ranks, and going full sweat in more than half of my games gets unfun and boring. Most games I try to meme around and have fun, but when I do generators just go fast and I can't really do much.

The Doctor changes also sound fun, but they really nerfed the Snap out of it mechanic really hard, and also made his detection more strict, as well as the pause after he shocks someone. I can't want to try these changes to see where Doctor is now.

So, are you guys going to adapt or move on to other better games? Maybe try to learn better strategies, or leave Dead by Daylight to die in the dust? Tell me your thoughts about this Mid-Chapter Update.

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    edited January 2020

I never use Hex: Ruin, and i pretty much only use other Killers for Daily Rituals & Tome Challenges, so my gameplay is not affected at all, so i'm gonna keep playing.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Of course i will, i dont run ruin or play doctor (not usually, at least).

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

Hell yeah! The ruin changes are great, and we already have a more consistent perk for the start of the game that tends to work just as well on average: Corrupt Intervention. Ruin's changing to become a perk that heavily awards your gen pressure instead of something you throw on and pray that it won't be cleansed immediately. Plus, it's now less of a noob-stomper since players that are bad at hitting great skillchecks won't be heavily penalized for it. Plus, players that are great at hitting greats can't just completely ignore the perk anymore, making it more useful against the most skilled survivors. It's a positive change across the board imo

• S_Panda
    S_Panda Member Posts: 539

I don't know honestly. After all the extra matches I've been playing due to the rift's grindyness and challenge attempting, I'm quite burned out. I unlocked my last unlockable killer via shards so there isn't a huge need to play a match a day anymore and dailies are only bp so I should do my best to ignore those. Maybe I'll do meme builds, or just start camping / tunneling since that's about the amount of effort I need to put in as a survivor to win and 2 kills is supposedly the goal as a killer and you get that from camping with noed.

• TheDoctorMain
    TheDoctorMain Member Posts: 14

I'll stick around

I'm going to be rather disgruntled if Doctor Is Worse off

• sorrowen
    sorrowen Member Posts: 742

I left a long time ago I miss huntress but its clear she will nerfed once the devs find a reason.

• S_Panda
    S_Panda Member Posts: 539

Not to speak of things unreleased...Be prepared to be rather disgruntled tomorrow.

• BabyBubbaMain
    BabyBubbaMain Member Posts: 97

Exactly. I love how they decide to nerf a hex perk that often gets cleaned 1-2 minutes in red rank games instead of Addressing the 1413443905 crutches that survivors have. Great game.

• Negi
    Negi Member Posts: 378

I'm undecided. Games are unquestionably too fast without ruin and ruin more than just slowing the game down allowed me to play in a fun way (constantly going elsewhere for new targets ie giving free unhooks instead of camping, not tunneling, minimal slugging). I don't find doing that stuff very fun but it seems like it'll be almost required, just seems like we're being forced into one playstyle because of clueless devs.

• 53nation
    53nation Member Posts: 681

Possibly staying. I'm more irritated that they waited until after the BLOODHUNT to announce that a perk that roughly 4/5 killers use, is being deleted. I would have played more than one night had I known this. Hi Plague!

You just straight up don't see ruin much in yellow/gray survivor ranks. By the time they're green rank, they have confidently taken on the supreme challenge of "find the totem on fire". Bad totems spawns and all that.

We'll see how it goes. Looking forward to lurking here tomorrow.

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,413

I will stay for the time being. If doctor is made worse, I might change my mind and find another game to put my time and money into. Last Year looks pretty good :P

• DeanIcity
    DeanIcity Member Posts: 180

I was already losing interest in playing this game. I can no longer support a game that only cares about the experience of "new players". Instead of the gamers that have invested a ton of time into the game already, have spent a good amount of money on the game already, just to be constantly looked over and pushed aside.

I'm done. Shame on you BHVR.

Take....Take... Take...

It shouldn't be that way. It should be give and take. Instead you want to just take away from one side of the fence to give to the other. That's not okay.

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495

I mean, I'm pretty sure killers will stay, they will mostly change into a killer with the highest kill rate and who can easily avoid not having ruin, but the more annoying survivors who will threaten the devs and while they can't seem to handle ANYTHING will scream nerf on that. Don't get me wrong, we do it too. But, it's mainly the more obnoxious ones without any claims to prove their theory.

Note: That's not to all survivors, just the ones who constantly [censored] and moan when they don't like something. Something that isn't too much of a problem.

I'm sorry, I'm just not looking forward to an army of top tier killers who can avoid not having ruin now..

• Aceonfire
    Aceonfire Member Posts: 304
    edited January 2020

My name will be YouCanThankBHVR

Bubba.

Facecamp

30+games a day.

It'll be a fun way (not really) to get out of purple and red ranks on my killer.

I'm not even a killer main and this is a disgusting change considering how fast gens actually go.

Lobby times are gonna be even more awful now. 2-5 matches is against a brown rank killer. You guys are gonna have to make Killer free to play.

• thenegativone
    thenegativone Member Posts: 254

Of course im staying...1 perk doesnt make the game. Honestly if u cant play without ruin do u even killer bro?

• Lovegoddess
    Lovegoddess Member Posts: 14

I am gonna start playing unfair that means tunneling, Killin off of first hook

• DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990

No, im leaving dbd for abit im done with these out of touch devs amd there silly way of handeling shizz

• goat10em
    goat10em Member Posts: 749

Playing killer has not been fun for a little while now. I play survivor more than anything as it is the only way that you feel your skill is actually rewarded.

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495
    edited January 2020

It's not for consoles so it's meh. Personally I've been sinking time into an older but still enjoyable game

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i diddnt play with the perk anyway.

why should i quit?

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,307

I'm a player with a fairly casual mindset towards the game so I don't see any reason to stop playing. Don't use Ruin a lot and still end up hanging around in red ranks.

Do I win or lose consistently? No, I win some and lose some. But clearly I win enough and I have fun with it.

• Blackadder
    Blackadder Member Posts: 23

I stopped playing killer since the Spirit nerfs, and now I only play occasionally but due to these recent changes i'm just gonna main survivor.