Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is Doc the worst killer now?

After his changes would you consider the Doctor to be the worst killer in the game now? Or is he somehow better.

Comments

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

Clown is still probably worse.

• ImLeslieKetamine
    ImLeslieKetamine Member Posts: 119

I'm not home at the moment, but is the Premium version of the rift decent? (if it's been released yet).

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Idk, Clown can still hit you after throwing a bottle.

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398
    edited January 2020

Clown is still the worst killer. Doc is probably second, now his shock is countered by pallet campers.

• dont_ask_me_again
    dont_ask_me_again Member Posts: 490
    edited January 2020

He is really trash ngl... the only thing useful in his kit is the new static blast but he has nothing for loops.

• MrZapp
    MrZapp Member Posts: 102

Just a little giggly boi

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

it'd be good if the static blast cooldown was reduced, the shocktherapy hit timing change was reverted and the time between a shock therapy and an attack was shortened.

they once again overbalanced it - so Doc goes straight to trash tier to meet with Legion and Nurses ultra rare add ons. yaaay.

• TheEdMaverick
    TheEdMaverick Member Posts: 101

idk yer cuz xbox player here but I know that he can be good with perks (i am guessing) like make your choice; unhook notification, go back, do a static blast to reveal the location (and the static cooldown is 60 also the perk), sounds good but I still cannot think other perks yet

• Mellow7
    Mellow7 Member Posts: 793

He is the worst killer now his power does absolutely nothing, Even Legion's power does more than Doc's Shock therapy. They gave him a 3 second cool down on his shock for god's sake it's not even a lethal attack then they gave shock therapy a delay which basically guarantees that survivors can vault and drop pallets even after you shock them and they only gave him a 10% range boost which is barley noticeable, he's so garbage now that it's laughable how they consider this a good change for the killer. It's just a staright up nerf.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

Guess I’m not a doctor main anymore. I’ll be playing Freddy anyways since Ruin is being changed

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

I mean they already said the delay after the shock is changing so maybe wait

• RobMeister88
    RobMeister88 Member Posts: 351

At this point I don't even think it's about the devs just wanting to appease survivors to milk money from them anymore, they literally want to put the killers through hell just for the fun of it. Honestly, how is removing the little pressure that The Doctor has a "buff" or a "rework"? The devs changed his map so that it now has darker lighting (which is bad for killers, especially against Claudettes), safer loops for survivors, and they took away all the strongest positives from his power and nerfed his add-ons. But guess what? He has his own chase music now, so that negates all his negatives, amirite or amirite? It's so laughable as to how the devs can say that they "care for the whole fanbase" and are "close to the community". It's all just bs politics at this point. They only care for half of the fanbase (survivors), and rarely give attention to the other half, and when they do get attention, it usually comes in the forms of nerfs, or as the devs would like to call them, 'reworks' and 'balances'. I honestly thought the devs were heading in the right direction lately but now they're just going back to the old ways. I should've seen it when they nerfed Oni and Freddy. Welcome to Dead by Daylight, where half of the community is catered to and the other half constantly gets the short end of the stick. Are we having fun yet?

• TheMidnightRidr
    TheMidnightRidr Member Posts: 599

I’d say Bubba holds that place. He has nothing for chases or tracking or pressure. All he has is hook defense, but camping generally makes you lose. The only way to really be downed by his chainsaw is if you outposition yourself. At least Doc has some tracking, very slight slowdown, and potentially some slight anti looping. Emphasis on potentially.

• Aura_babyy
    Aura_babyy Member Posts: 583

I second the Bubba being the worst killer.

All he can do is face camp lmao

• ImLeslieKetamine
    ImLeslieKetamine Member Posts: 119

Personally, I disagree I have videos of me winning at rank one as Leatherface all over my Twitter, and just from recent memory. I think his kit is bad, but survivors severely underestimate him.

• MrsMcpatches
    MrsMcpatches Member Posts: 12

Doc is a beast, I don't know what you guys are talking about. His shocking ability seems almost constant in game. He is able to interrupt almost all actions and can shock everyone at once. with add ons he can even have other survivors shock each other. The charge time for the static blast is necessary because if he could spam that like he can do with shock therapy now, there would be no point playing against him. We already spend the whole game in madness and screwing up skill checks, even with the most generous killers. Most of the killers I've gone against on ptb are just spamming the crap out of everyone so they run around screaming. no gens are getting done, with or without ruin.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246
  • Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

Feels like it

The range of his charge seems lower then before, I can barely hit any survivors and whats the point of doing so? I used to use it to stop pallet jumps and drops but now it's useless

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

I am a little confused, maybe you can help me.

I play both survivor and killer, so am i constantly catered to or do i get the short end of the stick? am not sure...

well, i think those reworks sound awefull, and i liked doctor so far.

Also the map rework sounds bad, especially since i am colorblind and cant see scratchmarks, auras or blood on most maps anyway. Indoormaps where the exception so far, and colorblind support is not important.

• TheMidnightRidr
    TheMidnightRidr Member Posts: 599

And MAYBE an instadown. His slowdown on top of his charge allows the survivor plenty of time to make it somewhere. I’m not saying it never has utility, it just is rare against semi decent survivors and he has nothing else going for him.

• DeathBeam
    DeathBeam Member Posts: 259

I agreed he is worst killer. In order for him to be good you need Nemesis and Play with Your Food, easy kills and chases after 2 stacks and his best add-ons. Works well for teams that love using flashlights and head on.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited January 2020

He’s close. The devs need to do a lot of fixing to him before this update hits the live build. This is probably going to fall on deaf ears, but here we go:

1. All Snap Out of It changes should be reverted. Those skill checks are pretty big and if you can’t hit them, then that’s your fault. Going down to tier 1 is a terrible change because it makes you not want to get the Survivor to tier 3 because you’ll lose your afflictions from the add-ons. Madness 2 is actually stronger than Madness 3 now.
    2. The Shock Therapy cooldown is probably the worst idea here. I don’t think you actually have time to take advantage of the stun. The cooldown should be removed so you can take advantage of the full 2.5 second stun. It’s not even worth it to shock instead of going for a hit. I’ve heard that this is going to be fixed and hopefully it will be.
    3. What is with you guys and significantly reducing movement speed when Doctor is trying to use an ability? Nobody had problems with him using the Static Field in a chase. The Static Blast doesn’t even stun the Survivor. Moving at 67% while charging Shock Therapy makes it even more useless.
    4. A 10% range increase on Shock Therapy isn’t enough. It needs to be a 25% increase. This makes me think that none of the dev team plays enough Doctor and only took feedback from low rank Survivors.
    5. 60 seconds is waaay too long of a cooldown on an ability that only reveals your location. That’s a long time in this game. You could complete a good portion of a gen in that time. It needs to be 20-30 seconds maximum at base.
    6. The Obedience add-on needs to get the Exhaustion effect back. Survivors will get used to counter clockwise skill checks. That should be a part of his base kit instead of being part of an add-on. The Exhaustion effect was very helpful and not overpowered, unless you were a bad Survivor of course.
    Post edited by SnakeSound222 on
  • Eye66
    Eye66 Member Posts: 822

I saw ALL of this coming from the info on that disastrous stream

• Majora
    Majora Member Posts: 207

Doctor is pure garbage now..

Unnerf snap out of it.

Make madness two perma again.

Completely remove the silly delay on his shock Like not reduced , remove that #########

• PoisonN
    PoisonN Member Posts: 624

The new shock from doctor... I don't like the range

• camgaming_dbd
    camgaming_dbd Member Posts: 191

I haven't tried him on PTB yet due to my tiredness

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

You mean his Static Blast? It’s always been the size of his terror radius.

If you’re talking about the Shock Therapy, then I agree with you 100%. They should’ve increased it by 25% (basically Moldy Electrode without the charge time increase). The current range is horrible and 10% will not be enough

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

I reserving judgement until I get my hands on him tomorrow.

This community is prone to hyperbolic nonsense, so I find it hard to take any of it seriously until I get a feel for him myself.

• PoisonN
    PoisonN Member Posts: 624

Yes, the shock therapy! Static blast is the only good thing that I saw at the moment. It just looks weird that shock therapy doesn't affect survivors at all... They're just running and avoiding very easily

• USELESS
    USELESS Member Posts: 1,151
  • Majora
    Majora Member Posts: 207

Because of the delay you can't deny unhooks at all anymore with shock if you aimed your shocks properly you used to be able to stop a hook rush in your face.

The delay from shock to switching before was like one second it should not have a delay at all now. But instead the delay is three times as bad.E Even countering tiny loops is borderline not possible. The delay should be gone for completely. A seamless shock then slap.