BHVR already said they're happy with how new Ruin PTB is playing out? uhm how

13»

Comments

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

I'm not a fan of the Ruin change, personally, but I AM A FAN of the ensuing meta shake-up.

I don't know if that makes sense.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

Because for them the perk is really strong. IDK if it is really bhvr monto played against but these were the experts probably.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

True, although I think killer is a lot less forgiving. A killer who spends too long chasing one person should get one kill at most... but survivors generally feed these killers by being overly altruistic and wanting to get all four out every time.

But yes a lot of killers do not belong in red, the thing is with bad survivors in red those bad killers will remain in red as long as they don’t have an extremely long streak of games against sweaty four man SWFs which are rare.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

Hours of testing with a dozen ish players? None of who despite their thousands of hours are as good as the true rank 1 players.

Again, your very own matchmaking and ranking system being so bad had lead to this point.

• Eye66
    Eye66 Member Posts: 822

I didn't know she had collision until people started talking about it with the stupid nerfs. Nor did I know about her old window animation. I'd been playing her for a couple months when they announced

• Eye66

Sound effects being broken and muted on console prevent that

• Eye66
  • Eye66

I expected unhelpful apologetics and was not disappointed. Pretty sad.

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985

Its just sad how every single time I think that we'll eventually get a valid point or explanation I see another Dev response that is even more mind numbingly ignoring the issues as possible. Every time I feel like I've finally calmed down at the lack of logic I see a new post that gets under my skin again.

• Eye66

They probably made this decision arbitrarily the night before the announcement, I seriously doubt any thought or work was put into and they're just covering for themselves. We've seen sooooo many weird statements from them that support the idea they don't play at all; honestly I don't think they have internal testing beyond lethal bugfixes

• HexMoriMeMommy
    HexMoriMeMommy Member Posts: 192

So survivors who are new to the game aern't supposed to learn how to play the game and get better at it.

Gotcha.

Might as well remove skill checks then because that's something you have to learn.

• illusion
    illusion Member Posts: 887

Here's the thing. You base this on a very specific scenario of new players having trouble making skill checks. What about players who can hit great skill checks every single time? Not that you need great skill checks to progress through ruin, it's just a bit slower. If those new players can't hit good skill checks, then they aren't completing gens anyway. It's funny that the change was made to make gens easier to complete for survivors, but the killers are being told they just have to play better.

I rarely see anyone actually running around looking for the hex totem. People work on gens and run off when the killer comes. Eventually the hex gets stumbled upon. A lot of times it is right next to a gen. so not a lot of looking is required.

Plus, I would say that most killers would be OK if the changes removed the Hex part of the perk. Having a perk that is useless in the early game and likely gone later in the game, seems like a very bad balance. And, destroying the totem takes no skill, at all. Why is it that only the killers have to be skilled. Make the game easier for the lowest skilled survivor just makes the game ridiculously easy for the very skilled players, especially if they are coordinating.

I think many killers would be ok with the change if it wasn't a hex, but having a perk that does nothing for the early game and can be destroyed within the first minute of the game is garbage.

• monka
    monka Member Posts: 66

15 ...

That was all.

An answer far from the community.

Do you need a community?

• HexMoriMeMommy
    HexMoriMeMommy Member Posts: 192
    edited January 2020

So, how long do killers have to now suffer due to the map team constantly making god awful maps and gen times being basically the time it takes to cross the map?

How long until toolboxes, which give you a passive benifit for just bringing it that's on a timer that the survivor controls (Unlike ruin which the killer has little control over)?

How long until survivors that can rush out 2 gens in 40 seconds gets looked at?

Oh, it doesn't matter because they are survivors and killers just have to accept the game gets to be miserable for them until your bottom line gets hurt by it.

It's incredibly ######### of you and the team to basically remove a perk that gave low teir killers a chance to fight back and not be constantly stressed because new players didn't want to learn the game.

Especially when you are refusing to do anything about the core problem that the perk was meant to combat.

And before you say "Well try it out."

I have, and oddly enough, HEY I was right, Killers like trapper have no setup time now if they want more than a 1k so they become an M1 killer effectively.

And if you say "Well it combos great with surveillance." It does, but you also have to put another perk on top of it and use a HEX TOTEM, A ######### HEX TOTEM. As the keystone to that build.

And because I genuinely believe you can't tell why that's a bad thing, let me use simple words.

Hex is baby ez to find to hex go byebye mean entire perk pick is now byebye.

• siren_sorceress
    siren_sorceress Member Posts: 321

I'm pretty sure you stopped reading bc you couldn't make a better one. Oops.

• siren_sorceress
    siren_sorceress Member Posts: 321
    edited January 2020

Killers stuck on the devs saying ruin is being nerfed bc new players....hello every red rank killer uses ruin. Clearly it was not only effective against "new" players. Half the time killers complain about ruin bc it's so inconsistent every match. RIP the ruin bandaid off and allow them to see how gen rush goes without it and THEN let them balance gens accordingly. They cant rework gens when ruin is constantly giving off different results every match. You really want ruin to be meta forever?