The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Devs: you need to address the real reason people use Ruin

1235»

Comments

• Aura_babyy
    Aura_babyy Member Posts: 583

It's a lot more skill based this way for killers. Telling killers to get good without using Ruin is similar to telling survivors to get good at skill checks. But both have such objectively different play styles. If supposedly, the game was centered around Killers making mistakes, then no one would be complaining much about this change.

So, my point is, the game is more centered on how optimal a survivor team is. A survivor can be awesome at hitting skill checks, but what about the other fields? There are weak links to a team. The killer can at best get 1-2 kills against a strong optimal team.

To me old ruin was worse. Survivors were actively looking for it more so than they do now. Nowadays, if they don't stumble on it because of a spawn spot, they hardly look for it. The really optimal teams will still look because the Surveillance combo is dangerous to a survivor.

• Aura_babyy
    Aura_babyy Member Posts: 583

That was not the point. I never said Otz wins every game, or is a god global elite. He is undeniably good, and doesnt need to rely on a silly hex crutch like ruin.