DS needs to be reworked once and for all

Options
13»

Comments

• Aura_babyy
    Aura_babyy Member Posts: 583
    Options

That you wouldn't touch it? So why not clarify you read it, but dont want to comment on it? The way you said it it made me think you didn't at all.

*You also did put words in my mouth, stating "It's not false. DS is still the best Anti tunnel a survivor has."* this was my point? How did I put this in your mouth again?

I am not a "baby player" I have played the game since 2016, so I'm well aware of the flaws the game currently has, and the long way this game has come since then. I don't expect you to care that I am red ranks on console and PC for killer, though I have not played survivor on console for some time now, so I will be green by the 13th of this month.

You sir strike me as ignorant and inconsiderate. All you came here to do was insult me instead of making fair points and being civil. Yet, I am the idiot right? What do I know?

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    Options

Because you never played killer against a decent team. :)

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,902
    Options

DS is fine. It's balanced in my opinion. I can count on one hand how many times I've been hit with DS since the rework...

• IronKnight55
    edited January 2020
    Options

DS does not need a nerf during end game. If your DS lasted until end game then you deserve to be able to use it (this is when killers will usually tunnel or camp the most). I don't care about the lockers... I never use them.

• Internet_Police
    Internet_Police Member Posts: 6
    Options

whiny little kids always complaining about DS, give it a break. Either play like a wholesome killer or gtfo DBD if you don’t like it that much. I don’t ever use DS because at red ranks you might get to use it in 3/10 games. I’d rather run perks I can get use out of every game, than a situational perk that punishes d*ckhead killers

• Psypho_Diaz
    Psypho_Diaz Member Posts: 185
    Options

By saying "it's not false", I never said it was. I just said you're an idiot for clearly forming opinions and counter arguements for things you've clearly not even read fully. Something you're continually doing.

• aGoodOldRub
    aGoodOldRub Member Posts: 267
    edited January 2020
    Options

That would make DS just too powerful. Killers would never pick you up because they don't wanna get DS but at the same time is so stupid that they can't pick you up because of 1 perk and it is unlimited amount of time.

What is killer's fault if your teammate yolo saved you in front of him or you just got caught shortly after because you ran and left scratch marks everywhere and killer found you even though he was just looking for anyone around that area.

It is hard to make an anti-tunnel perk because not always killer tries to tunnel you but it is your and or your teammate's mistake to do a save so close to him and you just made a bad play and got caught.

60 seconds enough to waste almost 3 gen time if he just slugs and waits around for the timer and also enough time to get heals and escape if he doesn't slug and wait for that 60 seconds what I mean is he either is gonna camp around the DS guy or chase someone so either way it punishes the killer as long as your teammates don't be stupid and try to ######### around the killer who is just camping you for that 60 seconds and do gens

• rch614
    rch614 Member Posts: 551
    Options

It's when camping and tunneling are usually NECESSARY, especially if gates are 99%.

DS is generally a straight up guaranteed escape in the endgame, especially when paired with BT and/or Unbreakable.

I don't think it should be nerfed at all. But let's not pretend survivors "earned" it by not being tunneled all game up to that point.

Let's also not pretend it isn't total BS.

• IronKnight55
    Options

I do believe the survivor earned it if they survived till end game and still have DS. This is coming from someone that plays BOTH sides. Just take out DS before it gets to end game if you suspect someone has it. Not that hard. I don't believe it's BS... I think it's balanced.

• Deltin
    Deltin Member Posts: 240
    Options

for people saying that DS has already been nerfed. True, it has been nerfed before, but almost everyone likes the change. even killers. (much so) but im pretty sure people who play both sides all dislike the ruin change.

• DexyIV
    DexyIV Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 515
    Options

Why if they cleanse a totem? If they have Inner Strength, they may need to cleanse a totem if you come back to the hook in order to heal themselves. The rest I can agree with but not if they cleanse a totem

• rch614
    Options

Well it's not. And I'm a huge advocate for them to not touch DS. It's 100% BS in the endgame. 60 seconds is an insanely long time for endgame, especially if gates are open, you can't even slug that long. Not to mention people with DS going for very ballsy saves with BT and/or Unbreakable.

But even without those two perks, DS alone is insane in the endgame.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379
    Options

Do not fear their feeble words my killers, nothing will stop the return of ENDURING! -Grief Lord Rokrueger

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    edited January 2020
    Options

If DS is getting nerfed for countering tunnellers, then you can't get mad for survivors who ask for a NOED nerf, since it counters genrushers.

DS is fine, NOED is fine. None of them need nerfs.

Maybe so it doesn't activate when you're in a locker would be reasonable actually.

• IronKnight55
    Options

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I see nothing wrong with DS during end game. I can count on one hand how many times I got hit with DS at end game since the rework (not even joking). Killers can just take DS out early if they are scared of it.

• Patiencehero
    Patiencehero Member Posts: 54
    edited January 2020
    Options

I actually agree with this - Much like "an eye for an eye" makes the whole world blind, "A nerf for a nerf" makes the whole game gimped.

The issue here isn't "They gutted Ruin, so now they need to gut DS". The issue is that they gutted ruin, without looking at WHY it was used so much, -at all-. Trying to punish survivors with nerfs will perpetuate that cycle and accomplish nothing except provoking a similar response. A spiteful merry-go-round of nerfs is fun for no one, and basically removes any responsibility for being even handed from the developers.

• rch614
    Options

Taking DS's early can be a serious game losing mistake but yeah we'll just have to disagree.