Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

How are we suppose to help LOW Rank Survivor Players...

Johnny_XMan
Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430
edited January 2020 in General Discussions

If we don't even know that they are?

I'm seriously wondering how. Matches lately have been... get in a lobby.... (No idea if they are SWF) , 2 are, and one is a rank 3 the other a rank 17. Rank 17 gets tunneled by a rank 2 killer, because it is very obvious they are new (dropping pallets when the killer is a mile away/crouch walking the whole match). Leaving the match to technically a 3v1.

I still don't understand why the removal of ranks was necessary. I never saw anyone dodging. I sure didn't and I was willing to give it a try... and it made it easier for me because I would make sure I knew who to help. Now I'm just kind of like "Here we go again...".

@Peanits

Comments

• Johnny_XMan

@Fibijean

Well then IMO something needs to be done about it, because in the current matchmaking system it is a nightmare.

I don't even know how they can track who dodges anyway... I mean killers dodge all the time. Why aren't they being held by the same standard? While that is besides the point, it is a fair one, nonetheless.

This is one of the most frustrating things in Solo queues because the one who gets the short end of the stick is the person who is not in a swf group.

What seems counter-productive to me is that when they made the change that the highest rank would determine the rank of the killer, they specifically stated that they felt their "High Rank" friends can guide/mentor (can't remember the exact verbiage) them during the match, well how is that possible for me as a High Rank to mentor someone when I don't even know who needs mentoring.

It just shouldn't be this complicated.

• Timmylaw
    Timmylaw Member Posts: 227

Being on xbox right now is the worst just because of dodgers. We don't have dedicated servers so when a killer dodges we go right back to the party screen and have to requeue. Some nights we are lucky to get 2 games an hour because of it.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

I agree, as I said I think the feature was a net good because for me personally, it allowed me to know what to expect of my teammates and what my own role was likely to be. If I got someone from grey ranks on my team, I customised my build with perks like Borrowed Time and Babysitter so that I could take some of the aggro off them and help them escape.

I do think lobby dodging shouldn't be encouraged, and I do think all players should be held to the same standard. It's possible that the devs have plans to remedy that in the future and this is just one of the first steps, I don't know 🤷 There's definitely more work to be done, though, and I expect they are aware of that.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

People have a right to dodge. Being red rank and getting a rank 17 on your game is basically a 3 vs 1. The new player will last about 2 minutes before being tunneled out and will have contributed very little.

Its unfair on everyone else. Not sure if its broken matchmaking or people playing with their low rank friends. If its the latter then the swf rank changes needs reverting. I play solo and I shouldnt be punished by having a low rank on the team just because somebody wants to play with their friend. The killer has a field day as they notice the rookie and pick them off first with zero effort. It sucks.

They want to implement a severe dc ban system acting like their game is serious business yet when it comes to treating a ranked game like a ranked game should be suddenly it doesn’t matter anymore.

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776

This was a fake answer.

The real answer as we now know is, "We intend to remove ranks all together and hide it in the lobby and end game screen, so nobody can complain any more and we can be lazy and not care. PLZ BUY COSMETICS!!"

• Fibijean

You know that the thing about hiding ranks in the endgame screen was based on an unofficial source and not stated anywhere by BHVR, right? It's not actually happening.

• YaBoiFreddy
    YaBoiFreddy Member Posts: 31

Umm I'd rather dodge a lobby as a Low rank survivor when I see a super high killer. They should make it so u onli matchmake with people 2-3 levels of you and if it's an issue of not enough players follow suite like every other game lately and enable cross play (able to turn off or on obv)

• RIPotatoes
    RIPotatoes Member Posts: 22

I feel like a smarter killer would've spent their time with the survivors that actually post a threat to his or her victory

• Fibijean

I would be very surprised if that isn't part of their plan already.

• MasterManMike
    MasterManMike Member Posts: 19

The only thing we need to help new players with is the massive grind it is to actually get a build that they may want. I have been playing pretty much 2-3 hours a day for a year now and just finally got a survivor with all the perks (yes I p3'd a couple of characters but that only adds a little in the drop of bloodpoints spent on this one character getting all the perks) and I don't even want to think about getting all perks on all killers so I'm incentivised into not playing new killers and just sticking with the ones I actually have good perks on. I really feel a rework to bloodwebs as a whole need to be happening soon.

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358
    edited January 2020

A better way to handle that would be to increase wait time for lobbies when people dodge. Right now its about 4 seconds when you leave. For each dodge you make it increased by say 5 seconds. You dodge 3 lobbies well now you have almost a 20 second wait time for another lobby. At least I think its better. I liked knowing the ranks of people on my team or that I'm playing against because I sort of know what to expect.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

Thats why a unranked mode would fix this issue and would help the game ALOT.

• Johnny_XMan

@Ramxenoc445

I could get behind this. This way a significant amount of people will understand that there is a consequence for "dodging". It could work for both sides too. Survivor and Killer.

Nobody likes waiting in lobbies for a queue, so it could be an effective move.

• w_sohl
    w_sohl Member Posts: 124

So, if your SWFs, then you can just ask the people your playing with through your coms. If your not, how do you plan to guide or mentor anyone with any results with the limited forms of communication that we have as solos?

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

You equip Bond and help them learn how to run away from killers.

Through trial and error. 😏

• KingHEADBUSTER
    KingHEADBUSTER Member Posts: 75

I think they put lvl16 with red ranks to get sensitive killers some kills.

• SL33PY
    SL33PY Member Posts: 71

Only time I ever dodged lobbies were when the killers had horrible ping. Sorry not going to play a lagfest

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

Talk to them in post-game chat instead of calling them out for mistakes and trashing them, something I see happen quite often. A red rank Survivor going toxic ######### on a brown rank Survivor is pretty trash. Everyone was new once, remember how that went for you and maybe you can help them become a good Survivor instead of a boosted potato.

• SafetyOff
    SafetyOff Member Posts: 68

Right now the match making is wrecked. My gf 4th game ever playing DBD, played her first game as a killer and was facing multiple players with maxed out perks, and a claudette that would just make her chase her, her hit occasionally and just heal up.

Obviously she didn't even down anyone, but playing your vs killer game vs 3 people who have maxed out perks isnt right. How is this game supposed to keep new players playing?

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998

Game forces you to learn by trial and error. You can look up guides and read about stuff but you still need to play to learn.

Devs made changes to the rank so that players can rank up faster even if they don't play as much without even considering that rank 20/new player that gets to rank 1 will get smashed regardless of boosters devs decide to give them.

• JarMa13
    JarMa13 Member Posts: 40

I'm convinced the devs are sabotaging the game. They consistently make the worst possible choices.

I was a rank 1 survivor. I quit playing because of toxic killers. Now Im a killer main who only plays as survivor when my friends want me to join them. This week I played 3 days in a row with them, all the while trying to get a daily with Kate. I did not survive a single round. When we play it's usually about 4 hours. So 4 hours Monday, tuesday, and Wednesday and I did not survive a single round. every one was 4k. Now, I am as good a survivor as anyone can be.

if I go days without surviving a single match, there is something wrong.

I also know as a killer, I always get 4k unless I let them go. so what is wrong? The way it SHOULD be is everyone has a 50/50 escape/killed average. Even master killers should only have a 2/4K average.

But they're always strengthening OP killers and nerfing survivors. It seems killers want it easy. As a killer, I opposed Self Care's nerf. As a killer, I opposed Decisive Strikes Nerf. I opposed Mettle of a Man's nerf. I opposed instaheals nerf. As a killer who doesn't use ruin and a survivor who hates ruin, I opposed ruins nerf.

Devs only listen to whiney killers and do NOTHING to stop toxic killers, which destroyed the game.

Not a session goes by where I don't have a killer camp me and down me in midair while I'm being unhooked and rehook me. That is so unsportsmanlike. The devs ALWAYS do the wrong thing.

I started the nerf ruin campaign but they didn't do what I asked, which was autodetonate at 5 minutes. Instead they destroy it. I used to be a pigmain. I quit playing it when they destroyed the pig for EGC. Every time the devs make an announcement, I'm enraged and consider boycotting. THEY ALWAYS MAKE THE WORST POSSIBLE CHOICE. What they NEED to do is nerf killers and STOP toxic killers. Severe penalties for camping and tunneling. instead they create challenges that FORCE toxic behavior like "kill all four survivors in the basement in the same round". Why not just beg killers to camp and be as unsportsmanlike as possible?

I also oppose ditching ranks. They're only doing it because the rank system was never real. Just an illusion and they get tired of complaints about a 17 being matched with a red rank killer. So instead of doing their jobs, they ditch ranks altogether.

As a killer main I have never once left a game because of survivor rank or tools. That's absurd. it's hard enough to get a lobby lol

But the devs seem to be listening to the worst players. They coddle toxic killers and survivors who are frustrated with shady behavior are laughed at and told to "git gud"

I am a MASTER survivor. I survive less than 1 out of every 10 matches.

Killers have it way too easy.

I counted once 13 tries to get out of trappers trap and I didn't get out. Michael's unlimited level 3 is so easy to get and it's such a BS way to play.

killers bring the pink Mori and tunnel off the first hook, killing someone as soon as it starts. moris shouldnt work till EVERYONE has been hooked.

It's absurd. Every match I play on either side is 4k.

That's absurd.

almost as absurd as shady killers who resort to exploits and cheap tactics saying survivors need to get good.

Of my group, one friend deleted the game and refuses to play because of toxic killers. Another regular signs off on anger at unsportsmanlike killers.

The devs need a huge wake up call.

They're not going to get it until we as a community boycott when they force destructive changes on us.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

The only side that could possibly do that is survivor. Killers tend to get the short end of the stick because despite being half the trial, the reason a trial can work they prefer to cater to the survivors because of numerical advantages. 4 survivors for every 1 killer.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,521

If you're never escaping even in a SWF, you're simply not a good survivor, ruin was nerfed for players like you.

• Fibijean

Yeah, personally I think that would be a good solution.

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358

@Peanits Hopefully he checks it out and at least considers it of possible.