In your opinion, when is it okay to DC?

Was just curious about this as to what you guys think is an appropriate time to DC is. The only time I ever DC is when I get in a trial and the killers internet is just garbage. Just can't do anything properly when you're rubber banding every 5 seconds, especially when you're getting chased (I'm on Xbox and we don't have dedicated servers yet, so this happens semi regularly)

Comments

• GaunterODimm
    GaunterODimm Member Posts: 70

When you're not having fun that includes Ruin, Getting injured, Getting hooked, Getting mind game'd, Getting grabbed in a locker,etc.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

Its never late to get banned. :D

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

When a Killer tunnels you non-stop, all game and never or barely does anything else and you end up being unable to do anything.

When Survivor teammates continually sandbag or Troll all game and get others killed and disrupt the whole match.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

In my opinion, the only times when it's okay to DC are when the game is being held hostage and you have literally no other choice, when you're the victim of a gamebreaking bug that prevents the game from ending, or when you suddenly have something else to attend to that is more important than playing DBD.

• kreeper124
    kreeper124 Member Posts: 492

Only time I'd consider taking a game hostage is if a killer traps a survivor or multiple in a corner or in the dungeon. Aka just making it so someone can literally do nothing. Other than that it's fair play

• TerrorTrooper
    TerrorTrooper Member Posts: 94
    edited January 2020

i'm on ps4 and we got dedicated servers not that long ago. But killers still tend to be buggy. Had a trapper about an exit gates door length away, and just randomly hit's me when not even close. But that only happens about 1/10 games. The one time i even DC in a game is when i play killer and was afk because i had a phone call to check something outside and 4 gens popped all at once when i returned and the first survivor i meet is vulgarly tea bagging none stop.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

If you gotta go anyway because of some unexpected IRL thing that's fine of course. At that point any punishment you get once DC punishments are implemented doesn't matter anyway, as you're not looking to immediately re-queue anyway. If people have an issue with others answering the door or picking up their phone they really gotta chill.

And also if someone is genuinely being held hostage. Gather the evidence required for a report and beyond that no one should be expected to stick around in a match with no way out besides disconnecting.

• kurgan8282
    kurgan8282 Member Posts: 264

never.

Even if tue killer is super toxic i never dc, that disrespectful for team mates and can spoil their game.

Even if the killer is being an a*****e, it's anyway 10 mins that I can endure

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Only when there no way for the game to finish normally imo

IRL issues is also ok but when something irl comes up i just go afk rather then dc

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798

Mori=dc

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Want to include:

When your Ruin gets destroyed aftter 30 seconds, when you get looped for more than 40 seconds, when you have to drop a Survivor because of a Flashlight Safe, after this happened two times before already and you are still not looking at a wall, when you lost the game.

Both sides DC because of stupid reasons.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

If you get a gamebreaking bug, or other technical problems that make it unreasonable to keep playing. If other people are acting contrary to the written rules, to the point that the match becomes pointless, or unreasonably more difficult than the norm for either side. If there have been DCs already and the match is essentially doomed, so you just want to move on (works either as survivor or killer).

• Kurrmiu
    Kurrmiu Member Posts: 23

Other than gamebreaking bugs, urgent irl stuff coming up, I often dc if 2 randoms on my team dc early into the game and the killer does not ease up after that.

Im not expecting them to go easy, but it is not fun and there is no point to continue at that point.

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

If my entire team is sansbagging me on purpose I'm gonna DC. Also if I need to go I'll DC too, and if I'm being held hostage.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    edited January 2020
    • Bugs, for example basement bug that happened recently. Or that bug where you interact with a pallet or vault and it freezes you’re game. There’s no point playing if you can’t defend yourself. Likewise some survivors get in the mend post glitch or stuck in locker bug which means they can’t move and one side actually needs to disconnect to end the game. I used to get stuck in trees all the time on sheltered woods.
    • Other side is exploiting/Cheating. Speed hacks, survivors getting onto places where you can’t hit them.
    • Trolling. Survivors/killers that are out to ruin your game. Farming you, bodyblocking, trying to get the killers attention on you etc. I don’t mean a one-off situation that could be bad play or accidental, I mean games where the survivors are doing nothing but trying to troll. Always remember to record these people and submit a report. I remember on the lunar new year event where I used an offering for an extra lantern, I picked one up at the start and for that a 2 man swf decided that I deserved to die so they kept vaulting next to me to get the killer over then they tried to bodyblock me so the killer could get a hit. Sadly there are people this immature in the game but at least the mod team are pretty good at handing out bans if you give them a video.
    • If another survivor or two disconnects/crashes in the early game. Game is tilted and in my opinion you shouldn’t be forced to stay in an unbalanced game. Sometimes I stay but if 2 people go early then no I’m off because not a chance I’m sitting there slugged for 3 mins while the killer looks for the other guy and then gives me a “ez ez ez noob” post game. Yes that actually happens when you play on EU servers. The game isn’t actually meant to start with 3 players and sometimes it used to end if someone disconnected within the first 10 seconds or so but now seems to carry on.

So basically points where you can not play the game properly due to either bugs, cheats, trolls or if the game isn’t working as intended.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

According to the forum rules it's not ok to DC at all. Even discussing it can lead to bans!

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,936

Closing this - we don't promote DC'ing on the forums in the slightest.

This discussion has been closed.