Escaped but deranked??? pretty good rank system so far

Just played a match with a friend and 2 pretty bad mates (but they did gens!).

The killer made the mistake to chase my friend with over 3k hours and lost all 5 gens in 3 minutes

fun fact the match after this we got totaly destroyed by a nurse since our random mates played like potatoes (since every idiot gets rank 1 as survivor) but this match i got even less bloodpoints but didnt get a derank

Can someone explain me this logic

totaly gen rush the killer in 3 minutes(escape) = derank

totaly get destroyed in 3 minutes (sacrificed) = safety pip

proof that the emblem system is garbage and doesnt understand what a win is.

Comments

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632
    edited January 2020

This is a whole other direction from my post. Which proves that you can pass Altruism just by other survivors unhooking other survivors, and then healing yourself when needed.

IF no one get's hooked - ever - then no one get's Alturism points and can de-rank for escaping before 9 minutes. LUL

Just a reminded you can check the time with the steam overlay at the start of the match, and then when the gen's are completed, you can use the steam overlay to see if 9 minutes has passed. If it hasn't then I just suggest trying to push the game as long as possible till the 9 minutes passes.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

You were too good for the Emblem system to comprehend. You should have rescued your teammates from all those hooks they didn't get, and healed them from all the hits they didn't take!

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

If the killer does poorly, then your emblems will suffer. Since your friend took the chase for so long, you didn't have any interaction with the killer, plus little healing and saving been done.

--

Kind of like a killer who rushes the game and kills all 4 survivors really fast, without letting any unhooks and one shots everyone. They do poorly in the emblems as well.

--

If you are trashing your opponent(s), you need to let off the noose a bit and take more chances, since your opponents are poor.

• HYthinger
    HYthinger Member Posts: 130

yea totaly fair that the emblem system punishes you for stomping your enemy. got a derank with freddy yesterday where i killed for rank 1 potatoes in around 2 minutes.