Killers have stopped using Ruin. As a survivor, I am having a lot more fun

Options
13»

Comments

• InTheBushes321
    InTheBushes321 Member Posts: 72
    Options

Literally everyone who plays this game more than a couple hours a week knows how bad the matchmaking is. Every single solitary popular streamer thinks the matchmaking is trash.

No one buys your self-righteous BS, you can go away now.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options
  • Splinterverse
    Splinterverse Member Posts: 445
    Options

Ruin is boring to play against especially when it was in 99% of matches. It had to go.

• Calabrum
    Calabrum Member Posts: 102
    Options

Congrats, its gone. Along with half the "good" and/or "fun" killer players and all the unviable killer characters. Slugging is the new meta and mori is soon to be a norm in every match. Thats not counting camping and tunneling. Well done. You've won the game. *golf clap...

I can't bloody wait for RE:3 and Predator. I just hope for one if not both to be successful and not fail like Last Year and F13. DBD needs competition, its sat on its throne practically uncontested for too long.

• Eye66
    Eye66 Member Posts: 822
    Options

You do know it it doesn't affect the obsession and shuts off if the obsession dies right? At 9 stacks only the obsession is left if the perk is still on so it's actually doing 0%

• PapiQuentin_
    PapiQuentin_ Member Posts: 889
    Options

Oh yeah I know. I was just stating that you can get up to 9.

I think that it can be useful sometimes, it's definitely overlooked. It's saved me quite a lotta time

• Eye66
    Eye66 Member Posts: 822
    Options

I got 11 stacks once thanks to ds switching to someone I two-hooked early on

• Hex_Raider
    Hex_Raider Member Posts: 37
    Options

Killers are still using it for me.

• BrendanLeeT
    BrendanLeeT Member Posts: 272
    Options

"Dang, i guess i don't play enough killer. 1500 hours and i don't play enough killer. Darn, guess i don't get an opinion."

No need for the snappy response, guess I'm not allowed an opinion right? My opinion being that DS is not an anti-tunnel perk so you go on the defensive. This is a forum people will have varying opinions and if you don't want to discuss without being overly defensive then don't be on here.

"DS is SUPER easy to avoid, and if a killer gets hit by it, they let it happen, or forgot the person was recently hooked. "

True and false. Yes DS is easy to avoid but so are perks like NOED (not targeted towards you) but if we have to use that mindset of "let it happen don't complain" then why are there so many posts about NOED? That mindset is not healthy, just because it's avoidable doesn't mean that it should be ignored completely.

"If they jump in a locker while repairing a gen with DS, just kick the gen and wait."

Again this is why I don't think you play much killer. The reason why people call survivor "easy mode" is because most of the time pressure is on the killer. They have to so much much mental thinking and planning and one mistake could cost them so much time and they will lose the game. Kicking the gen and standing outside the locker is the worst idea ever and it would be much quicker to just eat the DS and chase them again but eating DS isn't countering it it's just rewarding the survivor again.

" If you are somehow back on someone that was unhooked and went to a gen, then they have to have like what, 15 seconds left?"

This depends on the map size, if gens are uncompleted in that tile and if you did any other actions such as healing before hopping onto the gen. Many of times I've been unhooked and hopped right onto a gen with a full 50 seconds left of my DS. Yes I'm probably a hypocrite because I'm literally using DS in the annoying way but I can't really help it and I would be stupid to not hop onto a gen for 60 seconds because I have DS.

"It was broken before, they already nerfed it. now it's like mettle of man. Really good if it goes off, but would you call mettle of man OP?"

Honestly I'd rather have the old DS back. So many people say it's a nerf but old DS has the following flaws: Enduring countered it. dribbling countered it, you could waste it at the start of a match. Current DS is more unhealthy because it's literally a 60 second invincibility perk old DS had some counter play to it. Please please please bring back old DS because trust me people would call that a nerf. In my personal opinion the "new" DS is a buff because Enduring doesn't affect it, the skill check is easier and you have a 100% chance of hitting it due to no dribbling, if that's a nerf then I don't know what is.

Regarding MoM, in my opinion it's too weak right now. I understand the perk needed to be changed but they nerfed it way too much so no I'm not going to call it OP and I think they need to buff it. Believe it or not I do play both sides and I try my best not to be biased at all and have a open mind on the frustrations of either side.

"i think they need to "buff" it. Just change it from 60 seconds to like "2 minutes or until someone else gets hooked" because alot of killers do just tunnel and slug the person that got unhooked, and if they are really toxic, they will slug camp until DS is certainly gone. Or if you do even a slightly good chase, DS will time out before they catch you."

I will agree to a buff if it had proper deactivation requirements. If you perform an unhook, leading the killer towards you or you work on a gen, the killer has NOT tunneled at all and the survivor does not deserve a reward for that. If DS deactivated based on certain scenarios then I wouldn't mind a 2 minute timer but it need to have requirements to deactivate otherwise it will just be too strong.

If the killer camps the slugged survivor then that's 75% of a generator completed (correct me if my math was wrong) so if you have competent teammates they will just work on gens knowing it's a lost cause trying to save you. If the killer does that then he has already thrown the game so the killer is punished unless the survivors throw themselves at the killer.

Regarding the chase part, some survivors can be aggressive and constantly bodyblock for the killer to chase them, if that's the case then DS shouldn't punish the killer because he hasn't tunneled. If the killer just straight up chased the survivor from the hook then the killer deserves the stun but going back to my previous point, if DS has proper deactivation requirements then I don't mind them buffing the activation time.

Again I've read my reply to you and I don't see myself being snappy, the closest thing I've said snappy would be "You must not play enough killer" but even then I'm not snapping at you with sarcasm. If you reply to this response, please be a civil person and properly discuss otherwise I'm not going to waste my time with you.

• TheBilldozer
    TheBilldozer Member Posts: 154
    Options

Ive never used ruin as a killer and I've been successful enough to get to red ranks. Ruin doesnt help with your judgement of when to tunnel / when to cut the chase. If anything, ruin has been training wheels for way too long. As a survivor, ruin is a joke to play against.

Especially if I play SWF.

The balance was needed and should unlock a lot of ignored game play for a lot of the silo'd skill bracket killers.

• Seegson
    Seegson Member Posts: 48
    Options

For each you screenshot i can provide mine. I hope you understand that matchmaking problem may appear due to lack of players in your region.

• Jacksansyboy
    Jacksansyboy Member Posts: 174
    Options

I wasn't trying to be snappy, and no, waiting even a full 40 seconds is faster than eating a stun and running down the survivor, unless you are someone like billy, nurse, or spirit who can instantly catch up. Because a 5 second stun gives them enough time that even running in a straight line would give them 15 to 20 seconds before you can catch them, not counting any windows, pallets or walls you would have to deal with. For the sake of the argument, maybe it's just my playstyle, but I never run into someone I've just had unhooked unless they run at me with DS. In which case i just slug them. Waiting out a locker is not ideal, but it is counterplay, and DS just isn't that OP. Old DS led to people avoiding the obsession, and while it did have counterplay, there wasn't as much, and it could happen at any point in the game. Dribbling only worked if you were close enough to a hook, and people didn't block you. So a good chase would end, and if the survivor went down somewhere safe, you would have to let them go, or hope they missed it. I do agree that making it bigger was pointless, but they didn't make it much bigger.

• cipherbay_
    cipherbay_ Member Posts: 379
    Options

You 99ing your sprint burst just tell him that you arent doing a gen so im sure that is fine by him ;)

• Maj33y
    Maj33y Member Posts: 236
    Options

I just want new Game slowing Perks .

My favorite build right now without Ruin .

Thanatophobia , Sloppy butcher , Dying light , (Surveillance, Overcharge or Pop goes the weasel)

Plus killer add-ons if that killer has any . And it barely does anything

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

Bait

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640
    Options

Wonder if you'll have fun when you spend 40 minutes waiting for a match

hell in playstation 4 there are people allready expriencing this

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

I never thought about it... but that comments right there is how I became a killer main... wow -mindblown-

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    Options

Games don't particularly "fly" for me, but they are incredibly easy.

• BrendanLeeT
    BrendanLeeT Member Posts: 272
    Options

Well if it wasn't your intention to be snappy then I apologize for judging you like that. I think it's great to have different views on the game but I think it's just better to say our opinions are different and it's not a bad thing because we both have different views.

I think we've both brought up our points and there is no point continuing otherwise we will be going around in a circle so lets say we can agree to disagree :)

One thing I do somewhat agree with now is eating the stun would be worse then waiting it out however with my playstyle and old DS I would eat the stun and move onto a new survivor knowing if I catch the previous one I wouldn't have to worry about the stun but then again it might just be our different playstyles.

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829
    Options

I'm not capable of also just working on a gen and sprint bursting away when he shows up? Good to know I guess.

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829
    Options

The way you disregard Unbreakable as a potential game changer is really funny.