Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Death Garden, will you buy or never touch?

C4Garuda
C4Garuda Member Posts: 198
edited August 2018 in Off-topic

Hello fellow travelers of the fog! As a console player who cant get his hands on DG, i wanted some insight from PC players. How do you feel about the game? Ive seen plenty footage and runner seems really cool and fast paced. Im interested in the game, especially if the longevity will be good. Cosmetics, events etc im hoping it brings that seeing as how DBD has. So as a console player who would have to wait for an announced release (if they do), would you fellow console players consider the game? PC from your experience do you like it? What are your thoughts guys?

Comments

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

I played the Alpha and lost interest. Won't be buying it.

• VayneHellslinger
    VayneHellslinger Member Posts: 47

I will say that while I did enjoy the game, I don't think what I experienced is worth the proposed price tag. I suppose I'll wait and see how it develops before making a decision.

• RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850

I'll grab it when it comes to console in 2019 (Source https://forum.deathgardengame.com/discussion/686/early-access-kicks-off-august-14th-with-a-free-week ), I played the Alpha and Beta on PC but I prefer controller so I'll wait until it's an even playing ground.

It's never going to replace DbD to me but I still had fun as runner, hopefully the mask exclusives also make it to console so I can spruce up my Meg.

• C4Garuda
    C4Garuda Member Posts: 198

I see. Yeah runner looks fun but the game looks like it will lose excitement quick. I think DG would benefit greatly having various game modes.

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476

It seems to me like it’s stupidly imbalanced depending on if the Runners do SWF or not. Runners solo, ez pz Hunter game. Runners SWF, DBD 2.0.

Not really looking at it in a positive light.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Honestly I don't plan on buying it. It looks to be more of a Sci-fi shooter than anything else. I am not a huge fan of the Sci-fi genre though so that's just me.
  • PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    I'm insterested in buying it simply because of how awesome it looks. So when it comes to consoles I'll buy it and hopefully have lots of fun in it too
  • JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750

To me it looks everything but attractive and worth it's money and besides that there's another horror survival game that will get released soon, rather get that one

• MegDenson
    MegDenson Member Posts: 36

@JoannaVO said:
    To me it looks everything but attractive and worth it's money and besides that there's another horror survival game that will get released soon, rather get that one

What's that game? Last Year or Hide Or Die?

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750
    edited August 2018

@MegDenson Hide Or Die. Looks like a game worth my money much more

Edit: I checked Last Year and the game looks pretty decent to me, might be one to try out.

Post edited by JoannaVO on
  • Global
    Global Member Posts: 770

Nah i prefer the horror aspect of dbd

• Peasant

Well, currently Death Garden is free for now so I guess I'll check it out. If it turns out more balanced than Dead by Daylight I honestly might just jump ship.

I want to stick with Dead by Daylight, I really do, but the incoming pallet buffs might honestly shut down my playtime as I will just stop playing killer entirely. With that entire half of the game becoming unappealing thanks to Bloodlust nerfs and Pallet buffs I'll likely just play survivor until the repetitive trails and lack of actual fear ultimately drive me away entirely.

The developers need to be careful with their future decisions, otherwise more players will leave than new ones join. This will ultimately result in them selling a broken product.

• Peasant

@Peasant said:
    Well, currently Death Garden is free for now so I guess I'll check it out. If it turns out more balanced than Dead by Daylight I honestly might just jump ship.

I want to stick with Dead by Daylight, I really do, but the incoming pallet buffs might honestly shut down my playtime as I will just stop playing killer entirely. With that entire half of the game becoming unappealing thanks to Bloodlust nerfs and Pallet buffs I'll likely just play survivor until the repetitive trails and lack of actual fear ultimately drive me away entirely.

The developers need to be careful with their future decisions, otherwise more players will leave than new ones join. This will ultimately result in them selling a broken product.

If both games fall short I'll just boycott Behavior.
    "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me."

• It looks fun yet there's a few games I waiting for. Last Year: The Nightmare comes to mind

• Zavri
    Zavri Member Posts: 261

I was gonna buy it but after seeing the direction of the game since the first alpha test I'm skipping it.

I want a different style of hunters, not a different style of weapons.

They literally didn't even add 2 "new" weapons. They just copy pasted the same 2 weapons and made them slightly different. Pump vs auto shotty, semi vs bolt sniper. Like....Wow, guys....really creative!

I want to see different hunters like speedy/slow but tracking / normal speed but huge ammo and balance burst mobility/cloaking hunters with melee-ish weapons ( maybe pistols for a ranged attack ), trapping hunters, etc.

It's not hard coming up with interesting hunter sets but they decided to just toss in some "new" weapons to add hunter variety.

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776

nothing but a bully simulator with the dev's making the same mistakes as dbd. strip all power from hunters and buff runners.

play the free week and don't form an opinion until you get a decent experienced team on coms. then you will truly see what the game will be in 3 months.

• Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543

no atmosphere I see so far.
    So far I've only seen one hunter with his ability is to be "immortal" I guess? otherwise he's just a stronger version of runner who has to chase?

• Kevvie
    Kevvie Member Posts: 175

I'm on PS4 and I'll pick it up and give it a try when it comes out on there.

• jobasco
    jobasco Member Posts: 32

I played during both the Alpha and Beta stages... it didn't catch my attention, mostly due to the fact that I had no idea what I was doing. I then played the soft launch and fell in love with it.

• jiminie
    jiminie Member Posts: 200

Honestly i'm gonna pass this, doesen't look interesting at all, even while it was free, i didn't bother trying it

• Beverly
    Beverly Member Posts: 184

Looks like they've done a pretty good job so far on it (Dead meme) but honestly it's just not the type of game that looks like it can hold my interest. I'm glad they're branching out and testing new games, but the whole "Maze-runner" and super fast-paced Overwatch gameplay doesn't do it for me. Cool looking game, otherwise.

• NeonAlien
    NeonAlien Member Posts: 328
    It looks boring, confusing and stressful at the same time and has got zero atmosphere. So no.