The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

New Ruin

I don't understand how it's all bad, well I just dont know the new update for it. Can somebody tell me?

Answers

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Basically they are saying ruin is extremely powerful endgame (my personal favorite). While disregarding the fact the the reason killers used is because they have 0 pressure when the game starts and there is nothing they can do to stop a gen or two while walking from their spawn to where survivors are

• holywhitetrash
    holywhitetrash Member Posts: 289

i think the change is currently in the beta, the new ruin replaces old ruin entirely still a hex totem any gen that is not being worked on regresses at 200% the normal rate (which even with that multiplier is not a large amount... i think the normal regression speed is like .25 per second so this bonus would bring it up to .75 per second)

so against survivors who stick gens it doesnt do anything

and since the gens auto regress while not being worked on you cant pair it with pop goes the weasel

• Lucama
    Lucama Member Posts: 461

Correct, thought it's not +200% to the normal regression rate, just a 200% multiplier so the gen would regress at .5 per second. That, for the record, is half the rate at which survivors repair gens with no boosts to repair speed.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

the problem is, that early game is when a match is decided.

if the survivors play good, they get 3 gens done by the time a killer gets 1 hook, which is basically a lost game for the killer (unless the survivors just massively screw up and feed him kills).

old ruin helped in exactly that scenario, which is why it was used by 80+% of the killers in red ranks and why it was considered to be a "must have" perk for killers.

the new ruin however does not help in that regard at all. instead, it now is a mid game helper - which is simply something we dont need, due to us already having perks that do what new ruin does better than it ever could (PGTW is the perfect example)

honestly, the change itself isnt that bad. it can be buffed (.5 charges a second regression whenever someone doesnt work on a gen for as long as the totem stands isnt great, honestly), but im mostly fine with what they did there.

however, what did they do to help us compensate?

what did we get to slow down the early game, now that ruin is gone?

they slightly changed the way gatekeeper works.

GREAT! THANKS! EXACTLY WHAT WE NEEDED!

so with other words:

we got nothing. literally nothing.

and THAT is bad.