If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Just how many times have the devs lied

Options
Countfunkular
Countfunkular Member Posts: 405
edited May 2018 in General Discussions
Let me check

1st time that I could recall that they said they weren't going to do a license to killer.
 Then they released Freddie

2nd 
 What happened did not releasing a clown

OK now don't get me wrong theory I actually kind of like the look at this guy. Hes a depressed clown has they usually are.

However is still hurts that I've been lied to

OK I'm gonna have to edit this given the fact that people keep thinking that I'm upset about this.  To be perfectly honest with you I knew this is gonna happen one day... Just didn't think it was going to be to day.

I guess when it comes down to the whole not telling the truth bit. I'm a little taken back that they were go against their own word. If you say you're not going to do something then don't do it.

As for the clown we currently possess I quite enjoyed the gameplay.  Not to mention how quickly the  Steam discussions are tearing themselves apart.
Post edited by Countfunkular on

Comments

• Slowgaleo
    Slowgaleo Member Posts: 7
    Options
    1. Learn how to speak proper English please.
    2. Does it matter what they tell you? It’s their game, they can decide what kind of DLCs they want to add or whatever.
  • Cat
    Cat Member Posts: 43
    Options

well

• ffxivcody
    ffxivcody Member Posts: 17
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I personally hate the fact that they said never, and they respectfully said due to phobias they wouldnt, instead they went back on their word and did it, my issue is some people cant handle these things, if they added a spider killer I’d be scared fully, deathly afraid of them, but OP has a valid opinion they did lie, it is their game but if everyone quits due to their irrational fears they dont have a game.

I understand the frustration, and I agree at least on the Clown and potentially other killers whom might have a phobia associated with them.
  • BottledWater
    BottledWater Member Posts: 248
    Options

@Countfunkular said:
    Let me check

1st time that I could recall that they said they weren't going to do a license to killer.
     Then they released Freddie

2nd 
     What happened did not releasing a clown

OK now don't get me wrong theory I actually kind of like the look at this guy. Hes a depressed clown has they usually are.

However is still hurts that I've been lied to

So you are upset because the devs didn't want to spoil who the next killer will be

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101
    Options

ummm... isn't DBD a horror game?
    Isn't it a little backwards to be playing a horror game if you have phobias?

• robin
    robin Member Posts: 149
    Options

So, they weren't going to make a clown because people have a clown phobia?
    This is a horror game right? Isn't that the point?

• Bint
    Bint Member Posts: 60
    Options

So, did they actually definitely say they wouldn't be doing a clown killer?

Receipts, please!

• HIPSTERLION
    HIPSTERLION Member Posts: 323
    Options
    Cat said:

well

Omg it just suits this topic so good that I can already imagine conversation between this guy and Mathieu XD
  • Kamikaze_Rose
    Kamikaze_Rose Member Posts: 247
    Options

@Bint said:
    So, did they actually definitely say they wouldn't be doing a clown killer?

Receipts, please!

They said it in a stream, I think. I'm pretty sure that was to throw everyone off the scent, though. They had to have been working on this since the Pig's release.

• Sleepy
    Sleepy Member Posts: 107
    Options

@ffxivcody said:
    I personally hate the fact that they said never, and they respectfully said due to phobias they wouldnt, instead they went back on their word and did it, my issue is some people cant handle these things, if they added a spider killer I’d be scared fully, deathly afraid of them, but OP has a valid opinion they did lie, it is their game but if everyone quits due to their irrational fears they dont have a game.

I understand the frustration, and I agree at least on the Clown and potentially other killers whom might have a phobia associated with them.

I'm severely arachnophobic and I prefer not to look at spiders, however if a game has them I just move past them as quick as possible.

If people have phobias of a clown or a killer, then this game is not for them, respectfully.

You can't expect a developer to adjust their game for every single person out there with a phobia. It's unrealistic.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

Things change and fears of basically everything exist. Such as the fear of doctors and yet we have the Doctor. There is honestly no way to cater to everyone. I'm quite happy they change their stance on having a clown Killer because I quite like having him.

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    Options
    PigNRun said:

Things change and fears of basically everything exist. Such as the fear of doctors and yet we have the Doctor. There is honestly no way to cater to everyone.

Dont you mean they cannot Carter to everyone? Heeey...

I will get going now.

Lol that just gave me tier 3 madness 
  • Countfunkular
    Options
    Not necessarily mad. I actually enjoy the clown I'm just a little taken back  They said they wouldn't and completely  Went against it. I also asked for my use of the English language I'm doing all of this on a phone mind you. Not exactly going to slide all of this through grammarly
  • Countfunkular
    Options

so,... you are upset cus the devs lied twice about which kind of killers they will release? ok. 

Not upset just a little taken back

• Countfunkular
    Options

So you are upset because the devs didn't want to spoil who the next killer will be.

Not really just wasn't hoping it was going to be a clown

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

If they don't put out a press release stating we won't do this then you have to assume they're trying to be secretive about what they have planned just like very other game company out there. There's only 2 or 3 game companies out there that you totally can't trust even when they put a press release out.

• ThePloopz
    Options
    powerbats said:

If they don't put out a press release stating we won't do this then you have to assume they're trying to be secretive about what they have planned just like very other game company out there. There's only 2 or 3 game companies out there that you totally can't trust even when they put a press release out.

*coughs* EA *coughs*
  • ffxivcody
    edited May 2018
    Options
    After this I decided to look into phobias.

Here’s what I found.

In the Vox poll - which involved 1,999 Americans and was conducted from 15-17 October this year - 42 percent of people surveyed said they were, in some way, afraid of clowns.Oct 25, 2016

According to the American Psychiatric Association, phobias affect more than one in ten people in the US, and of those individuals, up to 40% of phobias are related to bugs (including spiders), mice, snake and bats. There are clearly a lot of arachnophobes. But do they know why they fear spiders?May 20, 2015

while fear of doctors 
    David Yusko, clinical director at the University of Pennsylvania's Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety, treats patients with iatrophobia – the medical name for fear of doctors. He says the phobia probably affects about 3 percent of the population.

Therefore research would point they didn’t cater for doctor fears because 3% and honestly most are more afraid of doctors because of needles rather than the doctor themselves. (In some websites I found it was 3 up to 10%)

So to cater to 40%  isn’t catering it’s more respecting in my opinion.

If over 40% of a population has an issue it’s best to respect it and move on from it, do it makes more sense to honor it because it’s not a tiny percentage like a doctor  at 3, it’s actually a really large percentage.

• ThePloopz
    Options
    ffxivcody said:
    After this I decided to look into phobias.

Here’s what I found.

In the Vox poll - which involved 1,999 Americans and was conducted from 15-17 October this year - 42 percent of people surveyed said they were, in some way, afraid of clowns.Oct 25, 2016

According to the American Psychiatric Association, phobias affect more than one in ten people in the US, and of those individuals, up to 40% of phobias are related to bugs (including spiders), mice, snake and bats. There are clearly a lot of arachnophobes. But do they know why they fear spiders?May 20, 2015

while fear of doctors 
    David Yusko, clinical director at the University of Pennsylvania's Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety, treats patients with iatrophobia – the medical name for fear of doctors. He says the phobia probably affects about 3 percent of the population.

Therefore research would point they didn’t cater for doctor fears because 3% and honestly most are more afraid of doctors because of needles rather than the doctor themselves. (In some websites I found it was 3 up to 10%)

So to cater to 40%  isn’t catering it’s more respecting in my opinion.

If over 40% of a population has an issue it’s best to respect it and move on from it, do it makes more sense to honor it because it’s not a tiny percentage like a doctor  at 3, it’s actually a really large percentage.

Ok so how many people of that 40% play this game currently or were interested in getting it? For all we know there could be more people frome that  3% who were interested or played in this game. Before the movie IT came out I saw it advertised on tv and the internet should they not have done that because 40% of people are afraid of clowns
  • ffxivcody
    edited June 2018
    Options
    The main issue was IT the team never said no on phobias and clowns, and Behavior studios decided to do it despite in streams and questions they said no.
    Post edited by ffxivcody on