About Michael Myers

I have one of the most unpopular opinions but I think Michael Myers is absolute trash. I am not saying this because I have lost matches with him recently I genuinely despise him. Especially in high ranks he is unusable, before you can get ew 2 or 3 survivors should usually get one gen done but nonetheless even if you do get ew 3 quickly good luck hitting someone, there are enough pallets in each match to be looped for the entire game and if you decide to stop chasing someone then there goes your limited time. His perks are arguably trash (depending on play style) and again his ability just doesn't cut it in high ranks people know how to be careful and loop you and even if you get a survivor down in ew 3 you gotta build it back up. Maybe I don't know how to play him but I would rather stick with Ghost Face all the way.

Comments

• Stornt
    Stornt Member Posts: 145

I've found good use as Myers in red ranks using BBQ, Brutal Strength, Pop, and Surge. I think he's a bit more of a character who needs that end game pressure due to his slow start.

• Xerge
    Xerge Member Posts: 928

I can barely handle a good team of survivors with him, but if you want to make him stronger try playing jumpscare myers with the usual build; sloppy + thana.

I suppose you already know this isn't a build meant for chases, survivors can't really loop a jumpscare myers that knows what he's doing.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Yeah, while Micheal is loved by the community he's really not that good

He has to waste time and stare at people to become a oneshot killer. Legion in most matches also becomes a oneshot killer but atleast they have tracking and people have to waste some time mending

While bad there is no denying Myers is a ton of fun though. Best addons in the game when it comes to variarity second closely by the hag

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238

Myers main here. Lately I've been running Corrupt Intervention (replacement for Ruin), BBQ (I want my points), Monitor and Abuse (Sneaky boi best boi), and Infectious Fright (Snowball with Tier 3 when I need pressure, boosted by M&A).

My addons of choice are Dead Rabbit (M&A and IF synergy) and Memorial (faster stalks are always nice).

Corrupt gives me time to tier up and start some pressure. Infectious Fright is very nice and allows me to clutch a game by slugging at key moments. I usually try to leave Tier 1 asap (unless I get Hawkins) and then I decide whether I should hook a survivor or 99% my tier 3 first.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

What makes Michael unique is the fact he has multiple play styles and strategies. He can be ran as jump scare EW1 Michael, unlimited Tier 3 Michael, and so on. Part of the issue when playing against Michael is not knowing what add ons are being ran, not knowing what to expect. I personally run jump scare Michael with scratched mirror. With the changes to undetectable, he truly catches people off guard.

While he is certainly not top tier, he is not trash at all. You must understand how his add ons work together and works for your play style. Once you do that, Michael is very good.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

Michael can nearly be played in any way you wish, in my opinion, the only thing he lacks is that he has a slow start up to be powerful, so I run Corrupt Intervention and Infectious Fright to fix some of his issues, to make up for his slow start, so I have time to stalk and then I get a EW3 snowball, that's how he's meant to play, he is listed as HARD for a reason, he's not easy to play and you have to be strategic, but I love playing him.

Save The Best for Last is honestly a really high tier perk.

Dying Light is good when paired with Thanatophobia, especially on Plague and Legion.

Play with Your Food is situational, too easy to lose but is really good with Nemesis.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,905

I play red rank boogeyman and constantly do well with him. His three perks are all really good, and can be utilized in all kinds of great builds.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

On xbox, there are only 3 god tier players playing killer at rank 1:

A red dress nurse

A P3 Myers

A P3 Trapper

If you ever get to play against them you're doomed no matter what unless map offerings