As a veteran Killer main the matchmaking is unfair as ######### and boring for myself!

BenZ0
BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
edited January 2020 in General Discussions

Every game I get atleast 1 not red rank survivor. Mostly green or yellow ranks. And that sucks, it is not a challange at all to completly demolish those players and I guess they will get frustrated and annoyed too. I want my sweaty 4man swf back that teabaggs me honestly. Its not just stomping potatos, I feel like I am smurfing on rank 20. And I feel personally just dirty... and a cheated win. I know that BHVR did that to make quetimes alot faster but it still sucks to get every single game 3-4ks. That also fakes the kill rates ALOT because Killers seems then way more deadly than they are actually. In the roadmap of this year they said they want to start with matchmaking and ranking rework, I hope it will start soon...

Do you get alot of less experienced survivors too that you stomp most of the time?

Comments

• BenZ0

@The_Grim_Reaper99

Yeah I've seen alot of low rank Killers that get high rank survivors, when I play swf I get alot of green rank Killers aswell.

• illusion
    illusion Member Posts: 887

Funny. I have had the opposite experience. Since I hit rank 18 as killer I have had mostly groups with red and purple players, sometimes all of them. Wanna trade your survivors for mine? :) This seems like far more than a rank calculation issue, as I had first heard. It sounds like they are just throwing groups together regardless of rank.

• BenZ0

@illusion

Yes lets trade, you can also have my soul

• HanginToads
    HanginToads Member Posts: 4

I'm a fake red rank survivor. Fake as hell. I can't loop, I get tunneled easily, etc etc. The only thing I'm good at is holding RB and hitting skill checks. 600 hours in, which is not a lot by most people's standards, and I'm an absolute potato. If you're a killer in red, or hell even purple, with two brain cells to rub together, you'll absolutely murder me.

Trust me when I say that I'm not alone. Most of the randoms my wife and I group with in our two man SWF are also potatoes. Ranks on the survivor side mean absolutely nothing. Absolutely. Nothing. It just means you play a lot.

I wager that if BHVR showed leaderboards, or made available kill and survive stats, I'd be close to about a 10-20% survival rate. And this is still true after the Ruin nerf.

And that is the crux of the issue. It is far too easy to rank up as a survivor, very hard to rank up as a killer consistently, and with the ranks only resetting down one grade now it's going to extrapolate.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

At least you got to play. I only managed to play two matches last night and then had two 30 minute queues which then timed out..

Loving my new survivor main experience!

• BenZ0

@TunnelVision

It will get even worse by time :D I dont have that much problems without Ruin personally but casual Killers will .. so they will probably go play civ

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

@BenZ0

Can't wait to see how many people legit finish this season pass if this is the new norm. Maybe it's all part of the plan to make some more quick $$$.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

Yeah. As a survivor I am rank 5 and I typically get purple rank survivors and green or yellow rank killers.

As a killer I am rank 8 and I typically get red rank swf squads. I know the feeling.