I Can't Imagine Them Having Fun..

As much disappointment i had in my last post on this topic and how i have resorted to it i have been doing it for a few games now as a current playstyle and i can surely say that the people i go against have not had fun at all. DC's, Hate Speech the list can go on. Devs you have pretty much promoted this play style with Oni release as hit kit is based around slugging.

Ruin nerfed has made it for the most part killers cannot do the full 12 chases that is required in the time Optimal survivors can do gens. While in chase all gens are 80 seconds max and thats without perks, toolboxes, multiple players on one gen etc. Not to mention you have brought up you are potentially nerfing the slow down perks such as Thanatophobia, Dying Light, Pop goes the Weasel and old Ruin

Quote: "Having a lot of slowdown perks stacked together can be a problem, because it keeps survivors holding M1 on generators for so long that the gameplay starts to feel stale".

Quote: "Old Ruin, Pop Goes The Weasel, Dying Light and Thanatophobia is an example of one such build which makes generator progress feel “painfully slow”. So the goal over time is to make generator slowdown perks less “obnoxious” when run together, but still useful individually".

I really would like someone to explain to me how all killers are going to even have a slight chance if you nerf slowdown as it is practically all they have left. Killers want long games because long games means more gameplay, more action, more chases, more movement of players. If anything Gen Jockeying should be considered stale gameplay because you are pretty much just queuing into game after game doing the same thing with barely any chases where the real skill is in the game.

This is the conclusion, this will be the games future (If it even has one). Killers simply slug and play only 66% of the game just one hooking everyone. I mean lets face it Content Creators give off false information anyways saying a 4k = win so what is the point doing 12 hooks? Also if kills did = win then why do killers not just all slug and one hook anyway? It's because thats not how you win in this game. The game has goals you need to achieve to win.

Comments

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

If slowdown perks are harder to stack then devs will have room to increase their power.

• perpill
    perpill Member Posts: 58

I think they're trying to make a statement with the low points.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,866

Play the way you want to. If you want to slug then go nuts. But you aren't rewarded very many bloodpoints or emblem ranks by doing that. But if 4 kills is more important to you than 28,000 bloodpoints then knock yourself out.

• Arbmos1998
    Arbmos1998 Member Posts: 187

I never said kills are important to me. I said that is what the Content Creators tell everyone. To me a win is a Pip (Rank Up) and that should be the case for everyone otherwise you are making up false rules. However in Red Ranks technically kills are important as even a 4k can still barely just cause a Pip, 3k with last guy getting lucky on hatch can cause a draw and even a derank depending on what killer you are.

• Arbmos1998
    Arbmos1998 Member Posts: 187

I've been playing this style on purpose to show that technically any Killer can "Win" by doing it. And by "Win" im referring to what Content Creators call a win and thats a 4k. A win to me is the Pip system as it should be because those are the game rules.

• Wubsyy__
    Wubsyy__ Member Posts: 116

You play how you want to play. If the hate speech gets to you, there's always the option to close the chat. If survs are tired of getting slugged, they'll learn to bring unbreakable.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Play how you want dude, I certainly don't, and wont ever play like this as killer, but I'm also not someone who relies on perks like ruin and is using it's change as an "excuse" of sorts to play like this.

• RayrafLPP
    RayrafLPP Member Posts: 621

I think 17k is quite a number for drastically decreasing the time a match takes. as a killer you find a lobby in 20 seconds so i gues thats the right way to go. a 30k sweaty match takes 3times longer then a 15k slugging party. so technically you get around the same BP if you count by time and not by matches.

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 906

Agreed. The problem with slowdown perks is that the devs never intended for them to be stacked 3 in a game on top of add ons like what you have with forever Freddy. Killer mains can thank their fellow players for that. Same thing with bnp getting nerfed a while back. They did not create the ultra rare add on for 4 survivors to equip and rush gens like crazy. Abusing the system so consistently brings about change. Good or bad depends on perspective of the player.

• Bingbongbong
    Bingbongbong Member Posts: 202
    edited January 2020

When the most boring part of the game for both sides becomes Meta (or at least Popularized) you know there's a huge problem.

• Joao_Bandicoot
    Joao_Bandicoot Member Posts: 286

I agree with your justification, but I sincerely would love to hear from the Devs that at least they tried to think about why stacking slowdowns (perks/add-ons) was such important to a vast majority of the killer community.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869

If there were any concrete reworks in the talks, then that's a fine assumption. But they only addressed survivor issues while downplaying killer concerns last stream. This isn't even about killer vs. survivor anymore, this is game health that developers of this game are not addressing.

Killer is the skilled role, survivor is only ever skilled in relation to killer interaction. But it is always on the killer to initiate and control the game. It's very easy to make that feel like a chore, especially when survivors think you are responsible for their fun.

Developers need to balance against this by making all killers FUN to play. That means balancing exciting powers with the frustration of dealing with loops. Make killers deeper, not necessarily more powerful, but give them something in each kit at base that addresses something the main part of the killer lacks without making it too powerful, so they are on more even footing with each other. Stop making so many perks with stupid effects, take those effects and combine some of the more situational ones into additional powers for killers... Or hell, even just modify how a power works so that it covers more than one single dimension.. They did it with Freddy, Billy kind of has it in the fact he has mobility and oneshit potential, new doc almost had it although he's still fairly one dimensional.

Honestly if they did that, they wouldn't really need to address gen speeds. I feel like of killer tilted in favor of fun engagement over frustration, this game would be in a muuuuch better spot even without direct buffs. It would be more fun and challenging as a survivor to have to deal with a more potent, unique threat with each killer, and it would give killers more tools of engagement, lending it self to the sense that a killer has more control in their hands.

• MrPeterPFL
    MrPeterPFL Member Posts: 636

Cool man, but don’t come back complaining that you can’t rank up in red ranks

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

TBH the devs should just make slow down perks their own per catagory and limit it to 1 per load out instead of trying to rework them not to work with each other which could cause a lot of bugs.

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

Please stop trying to nerf even more killer things by claiming survivors aren't having 'fun'. That is not a metric to base balance on. Especially when its one sided. This is a competitive game with mutually exclusive objectives. When one side is having fun the other likely is not. I am so tired of this. Just. STOP.

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514

The point is there is not time to get 4 man with a healthy amount of points.

A killer must win 12 chases in the time it takes survivors to do 5 gens. The math does not add up.