Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Hex Perks Discussion: How can we make Hex Perks more interesting

Hey guys,

In this discussion I'm wanting everyone to have a good clean discussionon Hex Perks, there viability, and if there are any improvements that can be made to this system.

So as we all know Hex Perks are supposed to be reletively powerful perks with the chance of being removed from the match if the Hex Totem is cleansed.

This is fair and I think this aspect shouldn't be removed, however I do think It adds a bit to much RNG. Totem spawn locations as everyone knows are known to not always be the best, and having your Hex removed in the first 30 seconds of the match makes you ask yourself "Why did I bring it anyway?"

To start off the discussion, my idea revolves around the killer keeping some aspect of there Hex after its been cleansed, but obviously weakened greatly due to the Hex Totem being cleansed.

Some Examples would be

Hex: Huntress's Lullaby: After your Hex totem is cleansed survivers will recieve a 4% penalty on missing skillchecks instead of 6%.

Hex: Third Seal: After your Hex totem is cleansed survivors cursed by your Hex will remain Blinded for X seconds.

Hex: Devour Hope: After your Hex totem is cleansed you will still receive a small speed boost after hooking a survivor.

Hex: Ruin: After your Hex totem is cleansed generators will still automatically regress at 80% the normal rate. (This one is iffy)

The lore behind this idea is that the Hex is no longer drawing its power from the Entity through the Totem, and instead it must draw its power through the killer instead weakening it greatly.

As I said keep this discussion clean guys and see if we can produce some ideas.

Comments

• Archimedes5000
    Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,620

Yeah, this is a good idea, Hexes are too weak right now.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Lingering effects so they're not entirely useless would be nice. For the ruin one maybe it could reduce bonus progression from great skill checks on generators?

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

I was having the same idea where most hexes continue yo have an effect when cleansed but all token effects they would have had are removed and their base effects are halfed.

It also would let the designers have more room for hexes in the future as they don't have to be entirely front loaded(Like old ruin) or entirely back loaded(Devour hope) to be usable.

• AppeaseTheEntity
    AppeaseTheEntity Member Posts: 61

Make it so that the effect of the hex presists on the clenser or obsession after the totem has been destroyed.

• RayrafLPP
    RayrafLPP Member Posts: 621

If this was implemented there could be a hex totem that unleashes its power when you destroy it. For example - 10% vaulting speed for killers when active but +40% when destroyed.

• Schmierbach
    Schmierbach Member Posts: 468

I support the idea of also having more Hex: Totems that can be a detriment to survivors when cleansed. Adds some decision and risk to cleansing Hex Totems.

Instead of the killer asking "Why did I bring this Hex" , the survivors would be asking "Should I cleanse this Hex?"

Increase Bloodpoints earned on cleansing Hex totems to compensate for the risk.