The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

BBQ hooks Sabotage?

Why are these hooks not able to be sabotaged and stay sabotaged when the killer doesn't have the Amanda perk to bring them back? It doesn't say anywhere on the BBQ invite that the BBQ hooks cannot be sabotaged, so what's the deal? This seems kind of unfair and should be stated somewhere.

Comments

• AmorePrincess
    AmorePrincess Member Posts: 220
    All hooks can be sabotaged, they all come back after a few minutes. Dont know how fair it is to sabo the bbq hooks, because my guess is that you dont like when killers camp the special gens?
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@OtterDoc said:
    Why are these hooks not able to be sabotaged and stay sabotaged when the killer doesn't have the Amanda perk to bring them back? It doesn't say anywhere on the BBQ invite that the BBQ hooks cannot be sabotaged, so what's the deal? This seems kind of unfair and should be stated somewhere.

Why do you want to sabotage those hooks permanently? Why ruin this event for killers? Are you really so miserable, that you only encounter joy by ruining the fun for everyone else?

• OtterDoc
    OtterDoc Member Posts: 7

It was a question and the reason I was trying to sabo a hook was because the killer was being super toxic so just giving them back a taste of their own medicine. If no one likes hooks being sabotaged then get BE to remove the option. It's part of the game.

• Outland
    Outland Member Posts: 535

@Tsulan said:

@OtterDoc said:

Why do you want to sabotage those hooks permanently? Why ruin this event for killers? Are you really so miserable, that you only encounter joy by ruining the fun for everyone else?

Mostly because of Killers running, RUIN and Overcharge, and Kicking Event gens. Toxic builds meant to screw over the Survivors event. This is why people want to retaliate.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Sabo has been in the current state to discourage people from just saboing every hook and making the game miserable for the killer, it's been like that for over a year now.

In return, however, they gave sabo speed a huge buff.

If you want to play this way, you need to be prepping said hooks ahead of time - which is completely doable.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Outland said:

Mostly because of Killers running, RUIN and Overcharge, and Kicking Event gens. Toxic builds meant to screw over the Survivors event. This is why people want to retaliate.

Oh, no! A killer using a perk that has been called a "must have" to make the game last a bit longer and that can be removed! And a perk that forces a skillcheck once! And, worse, kicking a generator, a feature added to the game intentionally, much like sabotaging hooks! The toxicity from this killer, oh my, worse than a nuclear fallout.
  • Russ76
    Russ76 Member Posts: 306

@Jtlewiston said:
    I honestly don't understand why people don't just play for fun during events. You have so many months to play regularly. 

Because a lot of people get their rocks off by ruining other people's fun.

I have played as survivor and run under a bbq hook and stood there to help killers get the chops only to be tunneled.

I have played killer and taken people to the event gen and made them repair it and in return expected to be allowed the event hook only to be DSed and then tbagged.

I had wanted all cosmetics for this event and I have the time to do it, just tired of the toxicity. If only I could be play with the same toxic person a second time just to ruin their fun by either body blocking BBQ hooks/saboing them or Mori-ing the toxic survivor. Understand I am not condoning toxic play, but wish I could give them a taste of their own medicine.

I am doubtful I will keep playing this event as it is just no fun, but:
    -----Killers if you see a survivor standing (not talking about saboing) at a event hook, please take your chop and let them have the event gens.
    -----Survivors if a killer lets you have an event gen, please make sure they get the event hooks.

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    PigNRun said:
    Outland said:

Oh, no! A killer using a perk that has been called a "must have" to make the game last a bit longer and that can be removed! And a perk that forces a skillcheck once! And, worse, kicking a generator, a feature added to the game intentionally, much like sabotaging hooks! The toxicity from this killer, oh my, worse than a nuclear fallout.
    The insinuation is that they not letting them have easy event gens....

Every match I’ve seen ruin in I’ve saboed all event hooks to 99% and waited for that wonderful moment they get there and crash there goes your event hook.

Not sure why anyone would want a hook gone for
    good, can you imagine if the killer could destroy a gen permanently🧐😮🧐😮🧐 

• Russ76

@Paddy4583 said:
    PigNRun said:

Outland said:

Every match I’ve seen ruin in I’ve saboed all event hooks to 99% and waited for that wonderful moment they get there and crash there goes your event hook.

I see your point, but those players who are being toxic A) won't read the forums probably, or B) think that they aren't the problem. I am sure they think wow he just saboed the event hook time for me to turn up the toxicity..

I have thought about turning up the toxicity as I have been "screwed over" by both survivors and killers but the problem is it just hurts the next person who might be "innocent". Also toxicity breeds toxicity.

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    Russ76 said:

@Paddy4583 said:
    PigNRun said:

Outland said:

I see your point, but those players who are being toxic A) won't read the forums probably, or B) think that they aren't the problem. I am sure they think wow he just saboed the event hook time for me to turn up the toxicity..

I have thought about turning up the toxicity as I have been "screwed over" by both survivors and killers but the problem is it just hurts the next person who might be "innocent". Also toxicity breeds toxicity.

To be honest I don’t see it as toxic it’s not like the event goal is difficult to achieve, and I’m playing normally so why shouldn’t the killer.

plus the majority don’t even change their builds anyway so it’s just a standard game
  • Russ76

@Paddy4583 said:
    Russ76 said:

@Paddy4583 said:

PigNRun said:

Outland said:

To be honest I don’t see it as toxic it’s not like the event goal is difficult to achieve, and I’m playing normally so why shouldn’t the killer.

plus the majority don’t even change their builds anyway so it’s just a standard game

It might not be difficult to do, but I am trying to do both killer and survivor events. The problem is I am a survivor main so I don't have some of the "Must have" perks. And 9 times out of 10, no matter where I down the survivor the event hook is on the other side of the map. When they wiggle free, since I don't have agitation, they run in the opposite direction. It is not uncommon for me to have to down the same survivor 3 times to get 1 event hook. Maybe I am a bit jaded though as last night none of my progress saved so I lost about 25 killer chops, AND I have been super nice not kicking event gens, taking survivors to them, and making sure the survivors got the event gens and then they DS or wiggle free before I can get my hook. No.. survivors are NOT entitled to free escapes nor are killers entitled to free hooks, but it is frustrating.

• chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    I body blocked a jake trying sabo event hooks. I waited for a salty message but he was ashamed or somthing cuz it never came.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

I won't sabo teh hooks unless the killers a toxic jerk which all the Billy's so far seem to be. I mean 5 bbq offerings and they go only for further than bbq hooks. Although speaking of toxic killers just had a toxic Leatherface that only went after the event gens and camped.

I always try and farm on both sides during the vents even when during this one I've got the Kate outfit but still have 52 offerings just on 1 survivor.

• SoMuchBetterThanYou
    SoMuchBetterThanYou Member Posts: 26
    Russ76 said:
    all hooks come back after 3 mins.  now  the question is why be toxic and sabo event hooks?  

we all must do what we can.
  • Tsulan

@Outland said:

@Tsulan said:

@OtterDoc said:

So trying to slow down the gen rush that is happening almost every match is the same as completely impeding that killers get their event points.
    Nice logic.

Imagine that killers could destroy a gen. Making it impossible for survivors to repair it. Thus impossible to get their event points. Sounds fair huh?
    Oh wait, that wouldn´t be fun for survivors... So not gonna happen.

• Outland
    Outland Member Posts: 535

@Tsulan said:

@Outland said:

@Tsulan said:

@OtterDoc said:

So trying to slow down the gen rush that is happening almost every match is the same as completely impeding that killers get their event points.
    Nice logic.

Imagine that killers could destroy a gen. Making it impossible for survivors to repair it. Thus impossible to get their event points. Sounds fair huh?

Someone asked, I gave the reasons nothing more, I didn't say it was right.

But remember the Killers only need to hook the survivor, where as Survivors actually need to finish the gens.

If Killers need to hook people , find survivors at the BBQ Gens, because that is where they will be. Many survivors pass up normal gens looking for BBQ ones, and they often wait longer working on them before taking off at the heartbeat.

I've seen many posts estimating about 3-4 hours of Killer game play is enough to punch out the event requirements, if everyone one just let up on the toxicity for one week we would all probably have no problem making the event rewards.

• Tsulan
    Outland said:

@Tsulan said:

@Outland said:

@Tsulan said:

@OtterDoc said:

Nice logic.

Someone asked, I gave the reasons nothing more, I didn't say it was right.

But remember the Killers only need to hook the survivor, where as Survivors actually need to finish the gens.

If Killers need to hook people , find survivors at the BBQ Gens, because that is where they will be. Many survivors pass up normal gens looking for BBQ ones, and they often wait longer working on them before taking off at the heartbeat.

I've seen many posts estimating about 3-4 hours of Killer game play is enough to punch out the event requirements, if everyone one just let up on the toxicity for one week we would all probably have no problem making the event rewards.

Only is good. Survivors get the gen points even if they don't do gens. As long as they burn a BBQ offering. They can spend the whole match doing anything but gens. And still get the points.
    Killers HAVE to reach the BBQ hook. There's literally no way around it.
    If the hooks are at one side of the map and the gens at the other end, then the killer is screwed.