The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

This Event sucks for killers

2»

Comments

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Peanits said:
    Maybe I'm in the minority, but I haven't had such bad luck. I've made progress in all my games so far, and I've only seen one or two people try to sabotage.

It's a two way street though. There's also killers out there hard camping the event generators just so nobody can get points.

It´s really random. I had 10 matches as killer.

• 2x connection issues which kicked me out of the game
    • 5x gen rushers
    • 3x last second switch to 3-4x toolbox with sabotage
    • 1x really nice survivors which didn´t struggle
    • hook blocking in 9 matches
    • 0 flashlights (#########?)
    • half of the matches contained between 3 and 4 DS
  • FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Event or no event - you should always go in expecting the other team to show no mercy.

So why should you show mercy?

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Tsulan said:

• 5x gen rushers

Damn that sucks!

• Tsulan

@fcc2014 said:

@Tsulan said:

• 5x gen rushers

Damn that sucks!

I should play the lottery!

• Tsulan
    edited August 2018

@FrenziedRoach said:
    Event or no event - you should always go in expecting the other team to show no mercy.

It´s not about mercy (although i show mercy if the survivors really suck and i get several hooks before they get their first gen). But about how hard it is to reach the BBQ hooks in comparison of the normal hooks. How the killer is forced to change his playstyle (loadout) in order to get hooks, while the survivors can play normal and even benefit from the event.

• fcc2014

@Tsulan said:

Damn that sucks!

I ran into several different swf groups with the classic 3 in the red ranks and 1 at 20. Those groups were some what an issue, but i didn't encounter what you have. Sorry hope it gets better.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

I'm rank 1 on console, and I crush people. The only chance they have at the moment is if they are all 4 SWF tryhard millennial trash and bring instant heals. and all run borrowed time.

Like what is the problem? People hook rushing? Do I just leave the hook on purpose? Do I let people get drunk at gens?

Nope. Adapt. you're not entitled to survive.

• Tsulan

@fcc2014 said:

@Tsulan said:

Damn that sucks!

I ran into several different swf groups with the classic 3 in the red ranks and 1 at 20. Those groups were some what an issue, but i didn't encounter what you have. Sorry hope it gets better.

There groups are really common. I don´t even bother naming them, since rank 1 loopers are easily recognizable.

• Wicked_Django
    Wicked_Django Member Posts: 128
    This has not been my experience. I got the pain hammer in about 3 hours. Run Iron Grasp
  • Tsulan

@Dwight_Confusion said:
    I'm rank 1 on console, and I crush people. The only chance they have at the moment is if they are all 4 SWF tryhard millennial trash and bring instant heals. and all run borrowed time.

Like what is the problem? People hook rushing? Do I just leave the hook on purpose? Do I let people get drunk at gens?

Uhh i think you misread the thread.

• Tsulan

@Wicked_Django said:
    This has not been my experience. I got the pain hammer in about 3 hours. Run Iron Grasp

As i said, i use IG & Agitation together.
    But good for you, that you didn´t had these problems

• fcc2014

@Tsulan said:

@Wicked_Django said:

I have been running those two also. I have been playing for the hooks not the kills after i get my 50 i will switch it back up and play normal.

• Tsulan

@fcc2014 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Wicked_Django said:

I have been running those two also. I have been playing for the hooks not the kills after i get my 50 i will switch it back up and play normal.

Yeah i´m also mainly going for the hooks instead of kills. Breaking chases once they get into the only direction where there are no BBQ hooks. This affects the killer efficiency.

Someone on steam said that the devs use this event to get data on how fast survivors can do gen (probably a joke, but that would be awesome)

• Wicked_Django
    Wicked_Django Member Posts: 128

Same. I had three heads pop against rank 1s yesterday. Like...how?
  • FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

@Tsulan said:

@FrenziedRoach said:

It´s not about mercy (although i show mercy if the survivors really suck and i get several hooks before they get their first gen). But about how hard it is to reach the BBQ hooks in comparison of the normal hooks. How the killer is forced to change his playstyle (loadout) in order to get hooks, while the survivors can play normal and even benefit from the event.

Goes both ways though. A good survivor will try and stagger gens to keep themselves out of a 3 gen nest situation.... but this event sort of takes this out of the good survivor's control as the cosmetic hungry survivors just mindlessly grind the margarita machines.

I don't see the big deal myself, but whatever.

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891

@Russ76 said:
    I do the same thing. Try to make sure everyone gets the event gens/hooks. I bought the game at the end of December, and have 32 days in it.. So I am averaging 3.3 hours a day in it and this even is the first time I have wanted to put the game down and just walk away.

Devs you have to do something. These events are supposed to be fun, yet I think it is driving more people away than it is bringing in.

Edit: added a space between 2 words

Yeah, it really is. It's a bummer, honestly. I stopped playing the event after the first day because it reminded me why I hate the game lately. So. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Back to casual games of Overwatch.

• Twix
    Twix Member Posts: 235
    Been waiting for 30 minutes and can’t get a game going cause it takes ages for a survivor to join and when 1 joins another leaves...
  • Twix
    Twix Member Posts: 235
    Twix said:
    Been waiting for 30 minutes and can’t get a game going cause it takes ages for a survivor to join and when 1 joins another leaves...
    After 40 minutes of survivors slowly joining my lobby and leaving I finally got a game! 
  • MasochistFreddyMain
    MasochistFreddyMain Member Posts: 42

Lol. Yep this has been my experience on PS4 playing Red Rank survivor. Need about 15 more then I’m switching over to killer. Killers have been showing no mercy ultra rare addons and ebony Morris. I’ve even got to play against some of the rare Nurse players. We are talking Kobra Kai killers here. But I think it has been great. Haven’t ran into any farming and get to play the game as normal. 

Everyone’s experience is going to be slightly different at least.
  • fcc2014

@ZombieGenesis said:
    It's been hit or miss for me. I only have about an hour or so to play a day and the first day was awful. I had maybe 4 games and got that many BBQ hooks. Survivors were just terrible. Saboing hooks as I approached them, crawling away from the BBQ hooks so they get downed in places no where near a BBQ hook, and the worst of it was someone DCing as I was carrying them to a BBQ hook. Edited to add: These groups were also 1 rank 18 or so and 3 rank 2's or 4's or something. Both games. I was ridiculous.

The second day was a lot better. I only managed to play two games but I got 13 BBQ hooks in those games. It was glorious. I won't say we hook/gen farmed but I didn't kick margarita gens, they didn't struggle as I brought them to hooks, we played the game but we weren't on hardcore mode you know?

Then today I got in 2 games and got 6 bbq hooks. I won't say it was as bad as the first day but the survivors were certainly aware of the hooks and did what they could to isolate me from them. Thankfully I started taking Agitation and Iron Grip to mitigate those situations. I did have another DC as I was bringing him to the hook but the game still let me hook him so whatever.

My personal rule when playing either side is not to struggle if the killer didn't camp the generators. When i'm killer if they screw try to break or block my bbq hooks they won't get the generators.

• will_i_am_14_85
    will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 489

Playing killer for this event was painful, especially when the survivors had no intention of letting me get my hooks and all the blue hooks were on the other side of the map, not even Agitation could get me that far

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

If the killer is taking me to a bbq hook I won't struggle, but if they're going for a max range non bbq hook to be a dick like a basement hook then it's war. At that point people who're not being toxic on survivor side will start body blocking, flash lighting etc. I've ahd games where the killer brings mori, plays Nurse or Billy or even Myers. They do nothing but camp the event gens only and won't chase anyone not near one and hardcore camp a single non bbq hook.

But hen I've also had games where the killer just lets both sides farm their stuff and everyone is helpful to each other. Those are much rarer especially after the 1st day and for some reason the Billy's have all been toxic as heck. When survivors would offer themselves up for a hook to be friendly they'd camp and only go after event gens.

Sadly it's hit or miss on pc but I'll still throw out offerings to help others get points even though I've got mine on survivor side. I just wish there was a better way of doing this since I'e had it where 3 event gens were all next to each other within 15 meters. Throw in a Huntress who does nothing but sit on Bloodlodge camp those 3 and envr goers after anyone.

There's also on killer side where all the event hooks are on 1 side of map and unless survivors are nice you're screwed.

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    Maybe it's my rank bracket (6) but no one I've seen is saboing hooks.
    Now, I did try playing killer and OMG the survivors were arses but I'm a rank 20 killer sooo yeah.
    Why waste time on hooks when everyone can have a 💃margarita💃! 
  • Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    I’m sorry to hear about your struggle!  I only had one person Sabo a hook and he paid the price for that!

But I usually let people get their hooks from me! It’s come to the point where I’m like well since I’m red ranks I just want my gens! Like you could kill me and I usually black pip (or pip) but at rank 1 what else are you supposed to do?! Especially when there is an event going on!